Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Daaaaaang that's the best neglected tank I've ever seen! Looking good 😁

Thanks Teeny and not neglected I do actually feed them and scrape the glass........I just hare water changes and testing whats that :unsure: I should keep up on that part at least.......still need to update my APEX as I cant get into it via wireless anymore :lol:

I look at it this way as long as things are growing things are good........I did lose a couple zoa colonies and should have taken that into effect but didnt........my fault. Will get it back to normal soon hopefully as winter is around the corner.......

11 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Maybe I shouldn’t but this is the best I could do....

64BC3B1E-16DC-45AD-BD1A-A7BD42B7CA99.jpeg.c5a3a666bc4c24028c7eb3d620949ae1.jpeg

Awesome reef! 

PS if you have pics that need some touch up, dropped them in my PM box and I’ll see what I can do. 

I am not a photo guy.......hell Teeny sold me a sweet camera but I still use my Iphone with a filter over the camera :lol:

Thanks for the offer!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
A Little Blue
13 hours ago, spectra said:

Thanks Teeny and not neglected I do actually feed them and scrape the glass........I just hare water changes and testing whats that :unsure: I should keep up on that part at least.......still need to update my APEX as I cant get into it via wireless anymore :lol:

I look at it this way as long as things are growing things are good........I did lose a couple zoa colonies and should have taken that into effect but didnt........my fault. Will get it back to normal soon hopefully as winter is around the corner.......

I am not a photo guy.......hell Teeny sold me a sweet camera but I still use my Iphone with a filter over the camera :lol:

Thanks for the offer!

Taking reef tank pics is quite challenging. I rarely see a pics that truly reflect what acctual tank looks like. Even tho I really try, I can get maybe %90 of what my eyes see when I take pics of my tank. 

I am too lazy to get my DSLR camera and filters to mess around just to get one good pic. iPhone is OK if you use some filter app and some pic editing/post-processing app.  

Don’t be shy, just drop pics you want to use in my PM box and I’ll send them back to you as soon as they are done. 👍

0235ADD8-296A-4437-A1F5-BB3C90A62B89.jpeg.f3245487ae23816de41239badf445d5d.jpeg

5D741039-CA0C-4513-A0A7-553EBEBA8DAA.jpeg.23242a53cceb32d253045d4b2510f712.jpeg

7E077BC4-EA2B-4853-A76F-7F16016ACAF7.jpeg.068c53ed9bb0159299ddde5d498b47aa.jpeg

BFBFF094-47FA-4929-9684-A5CF75EDC12C.jpeg.77cd070ff1f8e5c41468420d84d46269.jpeg

• Like 4

Ok a few people are a little whiny...............:wink: you know who you are :lol: tank is limping along..........actually just did the second water change since its been set up..........yeah I like a simple tank........well doser line fell off and who knows what the ALK is at I still havent tested it :lol: shits alive...............so today hit the LFS for the first time in about 3 months........brought home a few more anthias and a mystery wrasse........anyway off to the shitty pics..........

IMG_5834.JPG

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5839 - Copy.jpg

IMG_5840 - Copy.jpg

IMG_5841 - Copy.jpg

You have a tank?!?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok a few people are a little whiny...............:wink: you know who you are :lol:

Ok, ok, I’m one of them, might be the only one 😂. But it’s a shame you don’t like sharing this awesome tank of yours. See how many ppl love your “neglected” tank?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, jack1978 said:

You have a tank?!?!?

I think so but still not sure............

6 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Ok, ok, I’m one of them, might be the only one 😂. But it’s a shame you don’t like sharing this awesome tank of yours. See how many ppl love your “neglected” tank?

@Cannedfish is another :lol: just giving you guys shit........not that I dont like sharing I am just to lazy to take pics..........next time I clean I will take a pic of the beer on the ledge and the murky water..........last weekend I had one hell of a cloud in there when the sand got stirred searching for a fish.........

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Nope.......

You must be related to my wife, lol. She says that she doesn't give a shit if every inch of her tank gets covered by them. Vietnam is shipping some really nice zoanthids and soft corals right now.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

You must be related to my wife, lol. She says that she doesn't give a shit if every inch of her tank gets covered by them. Vietnam is shipping some really nice zoanthids and soft corals right now.

Yep I love the zoanthids and well would rather just let them grow.........

Would love to have a smaller tank with no sand just a zoa bottom.........

• Like 1
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Yep I love the zoanthids and well would rather just let them grow.........

Would love to have a smaller tank with no sand just a zoa bottom.........

Well you have enough to cover the bottom of multiple small tanks. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Sancho said:

Well you have enough to cover the bottom of multiple small tanks. 

Not really the big tank may suffer then.......I would start fresh with some really nice ones.......That rock is mostly no name zoas that grow like weeds........I have one that choked out the purple death palys......that was hard to believe.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
25 minutes ago, spectra said:

Not really the big tank may suffer then.......I would start fresh with some really nice ones.......That rock is mostly no name zoas that grow like weeds........I have one that choked out the purple death palys......that was hard to believe.

A field of Rastas, scrambled egg, and/or blondies would be pretty neat.   

3 hours ago, spectra said:

What the heck chokes out purple death? Other then the green ones, maybe...

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I got money on my Blue Agave palys, those bastards could choke out anything except an Earspot angel, they think they're nommy, lol.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I got money on my Blue Agave palys, those bastards could choke out anything except an Earspot angel, they think they're nommy, lol.

That's true. I somehow ended up with a tiny spot of those on one of my zoa frags in the 40g. They're harder to get rid of than gsp.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

That's true. I somehow ended up with a tiny spot of those on one of my zoa frags in the 40g. They're harder to get rid of than gsp.

I could drop Maggie off to you, but she's pretty indiscriminate when it comes to what's on the menu, lol. She does love her palys and zoanthids but isn't above knocking the bark off an Acro or 2.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Not sure what they were I got them as Cats Eyes or something. They choked out both the Nuc Greens and Purple Deaths........I had purple Death polyps floating as they broke off the rock.....I still have a couple on that big rock but most have went away.......

Also found out a leather can kill poker star monti.......that thing was taking over now I just need to lay the leather on it I guess as its mobile :lol: dang poker star is growing over everything.........including other SPS.......

• Like 2
On 10/7/2018 at 1:44 PM, spectra said:

Not sure what they were I got them as Cats Eyes or something. They choked out both the Nuc Greens and Purple Deaths........I had purple Death polyps floating as they broke off the rock.....I still have a couple on that big rock but most have went away.......

Also found out a leather can kill poker star monti.......that thing was taking over now I just need to lay the leather on it I guess as its mobile :lol: dang poker star is growing over everything.........including other SPS.......

Those pink centered ones come in from Indo as "Deep Water button polyps." :rolleyes: Dafuq does that mean? Anything pink or red commands big money out of Indo.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Tank is look amazing! Is that a  massive rock of GSP on the right? 😛

Not massive :lol: but there is branching GSP on top of that rock along with a Tyree monti that grows out of it.......the thing was huge and cut it back to nubs and is now growing out again........I love the montis but those plating corals just take up space and shade the crap out of things.........

I also have GSP on the sand :lol: love the stuff........it just grows and grows and I take it out and cut it with scissors..........I gave a 6x6 chunk to a friend so he could cover the bottom of a nano.......

And well this LPS is one of my favorites.........have had it for a while now and the thing just keeps getting bigger and bigger......

Pics are no filter so blue...........

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Has this been a TOTM yet?

-Serious question. 

So I have seen a nomination this week for totm.. I think they are worried you might be getting so old that they wanted to make sure you got it before the inevitable happened .. lol 😂😂.. much love though I do like the tank. Looking good . Cheers!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Weikel said:

So I have seen a nomination this week for totm.. I think they are worried you might be getting so old that they wanted to make sure you got it before the inevitable happened .. lol 😂😂.. much love though I do like the tank. Looking good . Cheers!!!!

There are nominations? Hell I hang in the lounge and dont get out much on the forum......every once in a while a post cathes my eye so have to look :lol:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

OK, it's an LPS, but what the hell is it?  trachy and wellso shape like that, but neither have the fuzzy flesh that this thing has.  @StinkyBunny, do you know what kinda weird LPS this is?  

I think its a trachy.............its just a fuzzy one...........you dont see them all the time thats why I picked it up.......

• Like 1