inTank Media Baskets

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

9 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

If you knew how to take pictures I'm sure those would look bad ass🤣... not that I could do any better lol

Well its my iphone and hell there not blue so good enough for me..............

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

looking good ol man. I’m with @FISHnChix, ya gotta learn how to take better pics. You’re doing an injustice to those nice corals. 

Whats wrong with them ?

Also probably didnt help all the algae floating in the water column............I had just scraped the glass and shit was floating everywhere..........

• Haha 1
StinkyBunny

Corals aren't going to get any cheaper with Indonesia closed. Prices are rising all over the world on corals. Tonga is closing and opening as they see fit and it's driving the prices up. 

See if you can find a Scat for Aiptasia control, they seek them out and eat them, they're all I use.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
banasophia

Tank looks great, spectra. The berghia nudibranchs seem to have totally eradicated the aiptasia in my tank... I would definitely recommend them, though they were a rather pricey investment. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, banasophia said:

Tank looks great, spectra. The berghia nudibranchs seem to have totally eradicated the aiptasia in my tank... I would definitely recommend them, though they were a rather pricey investment. 

There on my list but am worried they will just become wrasse snacks....................I know they hide quickly but my melanurus wrasse is one smart cookie.............

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Sump the wrasse

You do realize to catch them last time I basically drained the entire tank.............plus there are 4 of them...........

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
56 minutes ago, spectra said:

There on my list but am worried they will just become wrasse snacks....................I know they hide quickly but my melanurus wrasse is one smart cookie.............

I have the same issue in the 12..... the Scooter likes to munch them if he sees them out. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

You do realize to catch them last time I basically drained the entire tank.............plus there are 4 of them...........

I was thinking that myself.. good luck on catching that guy mine is super fast lol. You have four of those guys!!! Bet none of the other fish get any food lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
mitten_reef
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

I was thinking that myself.. good luck on catching that guy mine is super fast lol. You have four of those guys!!! Bet none of the other fish get any food lol

That’s a lot of wrasses. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

I have 4 wrasses in total I think. The mel a radiant, leopard and a yellow and black one cant remember the name......there all pigs :lol:

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
StinkyBunny
5 hours ago, spectra said:

Yes they are, that's why they're one of my cleaning critters. I have one that is like a goddamn Pointer, if there's something under a rock that he can't get to, he waits for me to move the rock, he'll run back and forth until I move it for him.

I was just told by the Aussies that Stripeys will also do Aiptasia dirty. They are not cheap though, about $100 for one. There's an Aussie fish shipment due in next Thursday on your side of the US.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Water change day..............had a bout of cyano.............so chemipure for the win and 40 gallons out..............

Things are growing well and some not so much :lol: way it goes I guess..........anyway a few pics.............

IMG_6908.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Water change day..............had a bout of cyano.............so chemipure for the win and 40 gallons out..............

Things are growing well and some not so much :lol: way it goes I guess..........anyway a few pics.............

IMG_6908.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

Looking good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks!  Had it grown a bit?  Colors look awesome on this one. I know @A Little Blue was looking for one like this a while back. 

Yes looks likes its almost 4 heads now. I think it was 2 splitting to 3 when I picked it up. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...