Cultivated Reef

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

2 hours ago, righttirefire said:

Diamond goby will help you sand... you damn Chinese Zen Gardener... i bet you have a bamboo rake...

Sorry those things are the devils fish.............they cover corals in sand........you know me I would go nuts.

I like the twin spot gobies but getting them to survives seems to be an issue..........

26 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sorry those things are the devils fish.............they cover corals in sand........you know me I would go nuts.

I like the twin spot gobies but getting them to survives seems to be an issue..........

Where they come from determines their survival rate. Indo being the worst and Vanuatu being the best. If you can get ones out of The Philippines that were collected and sold by RVS, they will do better. When they try to collect them, they dive into the nearest hole and they get juiced with cyanide. Sad that that shit still goes on today, but it still does.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, righttirefire said:

I looked at that shit at "all things" it was neat but $9/lbs and only a couple "caverns" 

The next time they give it to you in the ass, tell them to use lube. Jesus man!!! When Manado was shipping, fresh wild live rock with all sorts of shit on it was selling for $6-7/lb, Fiji was about the same.

7 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

The next time they give it to you in the ass, tell them to use lube. Jesus man!!! When Manado was shipping, fresh wild live rock with all sorts of shit on it was selling for $6-7/lb, Fiji was about the same.

I remember years ago there was some nice rock to be had now yeah sure just buy the dead stuff and make your own live rock..........I think it was in the 90s (yeah stinky is probably the only one to remember those days :lol:) I was able to get rock loaded with christmas tree worms that shit was nice.....

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, spectra said:

I remember years ago there was some nice rock to be had now yeah sure just buy the dead stuff and make your own live rock..........I think it was in the 90s (yeah stinky is probably the only one to remember those days :lol:) I was able to get rock loaded with christmas tree worms that shit was nice.....

I have a Christmas tree rock in the shop I've had for probably 5 years. It came in as a small, maybe 3" across, it's over a foot now and is one of my favorite pieces. The feather dusters I got in on the Manado rock are really nice too, blue and red plumes on them. When the lights come up I'll shoot a pic of them. Crackers, the Cleaner wrasse sleeps in that rock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
righttirefire
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

I have a Christmas tree rock in the shop I've had for probably 5 years. It came in as a small, maybe 3" across, it's over a foot now and is one of my favorite pieces. The feather dusters I got in on the Manado rock are really nice too, blue and red plumes on them. When the lights come up I'll shoot a pic of them. Crackers, the Cleaner wrasse sleeps in that rock.

Lol... cracker, wrasse.. seems like a play on works from a red devil on the losing side of the mason/dixon line. 

2 hours ago, righttirefire said:

Lol... cracker, wrasse.. seems like a play on works from a red devil on the losing side of the mason/dixon line. 

M calls him Crackers because he's fukn nuts. He cleans fish, hermit crabs, hands and goddamn leather corals, yea, he's crackers.

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Well time for an update since the world is coming to an end :lol: anyway ordered some more rock from MD as I wanted to play with the scape and needed more coral space.......ended up adding a few pieces but not much.......I like it and hopefully works out.

Also added a devil fish aka diamond goby......oh also a radiant wrasse........beautiful fish........

anyway a few shitty  pics.......

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

ro.jpg

thumbna.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
31 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well time for an update since the world is coming to an end :lol: anyway ordered some more rock from MD as I wanted to play with the scape and needed more coral space.......ended up adding a few pieces but not much.......I like it and hopefully works out.

Also added a devil fish aka diamond goby......oh also a radiant wrasse........beautiful fish........

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

ro.jpg

thumbna.jpg

Very nice! 😊

• Thanks 1

Have a order coming either this weekend or next from Battlecorals...........6 new sticks showing up...........cant wait as I just sent some money and said surprise me this is what I like..........

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

You need a online hug? 

Um nope am good..................

Hugs are only good with a reach around and well I dont need one.............

• Haha 3
19 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um nope am good..................

Hugs are only good with a reach around and well I dont need one.............

Nobody needs one ....... but do you want one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, spectra said:

Depends whos reaching around.......................

Well, I'm not drunk enough, Sanchos arms are too short ...... looks like it's up to RTF.  💄

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, spectra said:

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

ro.jpg

thumbna.jpg

Looking very good 🔥🔥 👍👍

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Scape is badass man! Really dig the tank,Im a wrasse man myself.🤩😍

Yup...........love my wrasses...........have the radiant, blue star, melanurus and a yellow and black one........looking for another chaoti.......I lost that one a while ago and well there hard to find......

And Thanks!

• Like 1