inTank Media Baskets

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
58 minutes ago, spectra said:

Shits getting real............looks like a crime scene in the tank........stripped rocks and smashed zoas........

Lights are still off so fish are going to wake to a murder scene.....but my cleaner shrimp is all over it already :lol:

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6286 - Copy (2).jpg

Good luck with it all. Hope it turns out just as you imagine :smilie:

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, righttirefire said:

Its a firebombed shit hole... well see if the Phoenix can rise

It sure as hell is..................just a clam and trachy left in there........I decided to take them to the LFS tomorrow as I just dont think they would survive the 25......

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, spectra said:

It sure as hell is..................just a clam and trachy left in there........I decided to take them to the LFS tomorrow as I just dont think they would survive the 25......

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

When are you gonna man up and frag me one of those bounces?

• Haha 3

Is that a yellow chalice in the background?  With pastel colored mouths?  

I got a frag of one and within 3 hours of it being in my tank 75% of it bleached from the middle outwards.  

Over a few months it reached 99% .  No clue why, since it was slowly acclimated in low lighting and alkalinity was always stable. It's still alive but looks terrible. If I didnt pay 80 bucks for it I would have taken it out already. 

1 hour ago, righttirefire said:

Wow thats it? I dont know why they wouldnt survive the 25 

i just dont wamt to chance it.......with all the fish still needing to head in the 25......its going to be a shit show in there :lol:

1 hour ago, patback said:

When are you gonna man up and frag me one of those bounces?

I dont frag them I let them split on there own.......I could probably frag my big one but as you can see its lost a little bit of its luster.......

47 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

I hope the yellow/glowing monti’s survived...

Yep its in there on the rack.

42 minutes ago, patback said:

Is that a yellow chalice in the background?  With pastel colored mouths?  

I got a frag of one and within 3 hours of it being in my tank 75% of it bleached from the middle outwards.  

Over a few months it reached 99% .  No clue why, since it was slowly acclimated in low lighting and alkalinity was always stable. It's still alive but looks terrible. If I didnt pay 80 bucks for it I would have taken it out already. 

You talking about way in the back? If so that a OME chalice. Its actually green on the body.

• Like 3

Today was the day..........was up at 5 and in the garage gluing rock together at 6 yes issues........:lol: anyway got the rock handled then it was time to drain the swamp......cleaned up the fuge / sump and am going without the fuge now will see how that works. May just run some chaeto in there will see. May just be a frag tank down there who knows..... I drained it entirely and removed all sand and scrapped all coralline algae from both the display and the sump. Replaced all the bulbs in the T5 figured its time and can burn them in while it cycles a bit.

Anyway here are a few pics and waiting for the the tank to clear.....

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Today was the day..........was up at 5 and in the garage gluing rock together at 6 yes issues........:lol: anyway got the rock handled then it was time to drain the swamp......cleaned up the fuge / sump and am going without the fuge now will see how that works. May just run some chaeto in there will see. May just be a frag tank down there who knows..... I drained it entirely and removed all sand and scrapped all coralline algae from both the display and the sump. Replaced all the bulbs in the T5 figured its time and can burn them in while it cycles a bit.

Anyway here are a few pics and waiting for the the tank to clear.....

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

Should be nice as long as you dont flub it up.. 😉.. decided to go back to work tomorrow I am going nuts at the house and liver has had enough.. been awake at 4 every morning juts staring at the tank and nano reef lol

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Should be nice as long as you dont flub it up.. 😉.. decided to go back to work tomorrow I am going nuts at the house and liver has had enough.. been awake at 4 every morning juts staring at the tank and nano reef lol

Yep been off since the 21st and havent slept past 6 am.......thats just wrong :lol: and as for going back tomorrow #### that........it will be there wednesday :wink:

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yep been off since the 21st and havent slept past 6 am.......thats just wrong :lol: and as for going back tomorrow #### that........it will be there wednesday :wink:

Got to go in tomorrow and do some invoicing but will probably be off early. Had a damn headache all day hoping that I can sleep well tonight and be ready for new years . Had some ####ed up shit go down yesterday and definitely need a case of beer tomorrow . 

• Like 3

I need to do this too . Tank is in rags at the moment . Massive vermetid invasion , rocks have fallen, corals have fallen. It needs help. 

I like the scape , now fill it back up !!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I need to do this too . Tank is in rags at the moment . Massive vermetid invasion , rocks have fallen, corals have fallen. It needs help. 

I like the scape , now fill it back up !!

It is filled......it was a cloudy mess so no pics.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Damn, @spectra  that’s some nice scape you got going there.  Is that caribsea LifeRock?

Thanks! and yes its the shape rock. Purchased 2 boxes and used everything except the rings.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, righttirefire said:

I looked at that shit at "all things" it was neat but $9/lbs and only a couple "caverns" 

Well when its on sale it can be had for 5 bucks and under shipped per pound. I saw he had some and was probably ordered for a customer who flaked........

Jeff had a skimmer for a customer who ordered then found out hey look I cant get it under my tank :lol: you think they would measure first......

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, righttirefire said:

It should be clear. Hows it look wet?

Its still a little hazy and making more dust myself the sand isnt flat enough for my ocd side :lol: glass needs a wipe to.......

righttirefire
18 minutes ago, spectra said:

Its still a little hazy and making more dust myself the sand isnt flat enough for my ocd side :lol: glass needs a wipe to.......

Diamond goby will help you sand... you damn Chinese Zen Gardener... i bet you have a bamboo rake...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1