Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

Aussie Trachy, they're about as bulletproof as it gets. You kill one of them, sell the contents of the tank, then take an axe to it because reefing isn't for you, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, spectra said:

I think so but still not sure............

@Cannedfish is another :lol: just giving you guys shit........not that I dont like sharing I am just to lazy to take pics..........next time I clean I will take a pic of the beer on the ledge and the murky water..........last weekend I had one hell of a cloud in there when the sand got stirred searching for a fish.........

First off, by no such means have I been “whining!” Assuredly, I have been nagging.  Certainly, I would be found guilty of some bellyaching. And I fully and completely admit to all manner of grousing, grumbling, bemoaning, and lamenting. But whining! Call me a kvetcher or even a niggler (that’s a dangerous word to mistype), but I will not stand, no sir, to be called a whiner. With that being said “why don’t you post more of your tank? We want more of your tank? Come on update your tank thread...”

Putting down the thesaurus (which I’ve recently learned is not actually related to the brontosaurus, but a boring book), in all seriousness your tank is amazing! The diversity of colors and growth patterns are amazing, and we are right to demand more of it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 1 month later...

Well tank was looking good :lol: key word was..............now going for a re boot in a month or so...........tank was having a few issues and saw I had no CAL in the 2 part container.............insert mr bill OH NOOOOOOOO..............well ALK was at 13 or so and corals were pissed.......lost a lot of the SPS and one plate coral. Parameters are back to normal but just not happy with the look.......time to pull all the pukani and go another rout.....anyway look for updates maybe :lol:

Ended up changing out 80 gallons of water in a 4 day period............

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Get some Tonga branch from Aqua Cave. They're about the only ones that have any of the good stuff left. I love it, I use it as base and put the good Manado wild rock on top. There's something to the super dense nature of it bro. The tanks that I have 50+ lbs of it in have never had any algae issues like the ones with that fukn Pukani shit. Make sure you ask for some log shape pieces as well as thick chunks.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Get some Tonga branch from Aqua Cave. They're about the only ones that have any of the good stuff left. I love it, I use it as base and put the good Manado wild rock on top. There's something to the super dense nature of it bro. The tanks that I have 50+ lbs of it in have never had any algae issues like the ones with that fukn Pukani shit. Make sure you ask for some log shape pieces as well as thick chunks.

I havent had any algae issues really like others do with the pukani. I just want to change the look and just have a few rocks only. Trying to keep it minimal as my clam is growing well and want it to have its own little area......

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Dang, sorry to hear about the dosing disaster. But I'm excited to see the rescape! What kind of look are you going for? 

Well my neglect is what it was really........hell I just havent paid much attention to the tank.

As for look not really sure yet have seen a few that I like. Just want it pretty simple really.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, jack1978 said:

I need some of that ...... just tossing it out there......

Oh just wait.........I have your address now so was going to send you a few things once shit settles down........was going to stick a specimen cup in the foam but wasnt sure......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Did the clam suvrvive your mishap?

Yep and thats whats funny........clams love calcium and thats what was lacking........it wasnt even phased in the event. LFS had a anniversary sale a few weeks ago so I picked up a little aqua cultured guy for 29 bucks......there both doing fine......

Just trying to clean up the hair algae as I dont need it in the new set up. Going to be a fun swap :rolleyes:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Are you done yet? Do you have frags for me?

I will when its all done..........and yes I have 2 of those jackawhatever its called corals in there.........cant kill the thing as it as stinging something so stuck a screwdriver on the rock and popped it off.......well it grew back where I took it off :lol:

Contain yourself shits free so you can wait :tongueout: maybe I can get you a nice frag of hair algae to :lol:

• Haha 2
righttirefire
20 minutes ago, spectra said:

I will when its all done..........and yes I have 2 of those jackawhatever its called corals in there.........cant kill the thing as it as stinging something so stuck a screwdriver on the rock and popped it off.......well it grew back where I took it off :lol:

Contain yourself shits free so you can wait :tongueout: maybe I can get you a nice frag of hair algae to :lol:

Its not free. You get the opportunity to see me

• Thanks 1

Shits getting real............looks like a crime scene in the tank........stripped rocks and smashed zoas........

Lights are still off so fish are going to wake to a murder scene.....but my cleaner shrimp is all over it already :lol:

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6286 - Copy (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2