Coral Vue Hydros

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

1 minute ago, banasophia said:

Gorgeous torch, spectra. And what is that beauty in the upper right corner... love it!  Ah man, last post before I have to take over driving home from SF. 😩

E44B3C5F-131A-4DAF-8A06-D938C3361BF1.thumb.jpeg.cc7f2eeb81c61a909e37f87ff232f5eb.jpeg

That is a wild acro that is pretty much dead I think :lol:

It was doing pretty well then all of a sudden.......its the way it goes with sticks I guess.....

And you would notice it of course :lol: took the pic and was thinking well should I post it...........

I picked that one up along with this one.....its doing great and encrusting on the rock like that milli, I think I even got the milli the same day.....

IMG_6649.jpg

• Like 4
StinkyBunny
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

And you would notice it of course :lol: took the pic and was thinking well should I post it...........

I picked that one up along with this one.....its doing great and encrusting on the rock like that milli, I think I even got the milli the same day.....

IMG_6649.jpg

I have this pale pink Milli in the corner of one of the runs. Dunno where it came from, but it's been growing like mad. One of the fraggers has been trying to get it off me and I won't let them touch it. It's on a little 3" piece of rock, as it grows, I drop it loser in the tank. I told him when it gets close to the surface you can buy it, but I get the top to replant. That one, a piece of Green Slimer from Kat and a Bali blue Slimer are the only sticks I have. I have the odd volunteer of Montipora here and there, but these are my babies. I'm scared shitless to move them, lol. I sell a shittonne of them, but they're only here for a few days.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Corals have gone up quit a bit in my area too.. did get this little guy today for any too much $$ but damn I wanted something to add lol.. told it was a favia?? Is that what it is??

20190317_161620.jpg

Yep favia

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Gorgeous torch, spectra. And what is that beauty in the upper right corner... love it!  Ah man, last post before I have to take over driving home from SF. 😩

E44B3C5F-131A-4DAF-8A06-D938C3361BF1.thumb.jpeg.cc7f2eeb81c61a909e37f87ff232f5eb.jpeg

Charge your battery girl....that up there in the corner be SPS.....meh with the SPS 😂 although it probably has some really cool name like Walt Dinsneys Magic Green Dragon poop acro 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 5
StinkyBunny
54 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Charge your battery girl....that up there in the corner be SPS.....meh with the SPS 😂 although it probably has some really cool name like Walt Dinsneys Magic Green Dragon poop acro 🤷‍♂️

One of my customers has a 500g tank that he grows sticks in. He has this dark brown one with green tips he calls Monkey Squirts, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
A Little Blue
2 hours ago, Weikel said:

Corals have gone up quit a bit in my area too.. did get this little guy today for any too much $$ but damn I wanted something to add lol.. told it was a favia?? Is that what it is??

20190317_161620.jpg

Looks a bit like flashpoint favia. But favia is used for a lot of crap. It could be micromussa lord to be more specific. 

2 hours ago, spectra said:

Well all this torch talk.............

IMG_6647.jpg

IMG_6648.jpg

Even the regular torches went way up. This hobby is getting quite expensive lately. Need to form nano frag swap club or something to get around that insane pricing. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Looks a bit like flashpoint favia. But favia is used for a lot of crap. It could be micromussa lord to be more specific. 

Even the regular torches went way up. This hobby is getting quite expensive lately. Need to form nano frag swap club or something to get around that insane pricing. 

Well I will frag this once it grows...............

A Little Blue
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well I will frag this once it grows...............

I saw that one for sale anywhere from $30-60. Nice piece. I need to get more meaty corals for my tank while they’re still reasonably priced. 

Edit: price was for a little bit smaller piece tho. 

I got several torches tho. 

58 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I saw that one for sale anywhere from $30-60. Nice piece. I need to get more meaty corals for my tank while they’re still reasonably priced. 

Edit: price was for a little bit smaller piece tho. 

I got several torches tho. 

um no its my crappy photo...........that is the holy grail torch........there is gold and green in it.  You wont find it for 30 - 60........

You think I would stick a common torch in my tank :lol:

A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

um no its my crappy photo...........that is the holy grail torch........there is gold and green in it.  You wont find it for 30 - 60........

No, no. I was talking about that favia. 

Plain torch goes for around $60 per head. 

Gold one I saw earlier today was $190 but not sure if it was one or two heads. 

But it looked sad. Too risky. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

No, no. I was talking about that favia. 

Plain torch goes for around $60 per head. 

Gold one I saw earlier today was $190 but not sure if it was one or two heads. 

Ah ok the was Weikel I think with the favia.

Not even sure what my local sells regulars for. He had a bunch of the holy grail as it was a big colony that they cut up. Also a few heads of the gold with blue tips......I had 3 heads but lost it when my cal ran out.........pissed me off as they were indo...........

A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ah ok the was Weikel I think with the favia.

Not even sure what my local sells regulars for. He had a bunch of the holy grail as it was a big colony that they cut up. Also a few heads of the gold with blue tips......I had 3 heads but lost it when my cal ran out.........pissed me off as they were indo...........

I haven’t seen holly grail once in any of my LFS. Lucky you. The one with blue tips was $190 from one of the locals but I passed. Prices on this crap are getting out of hand. I guess ppl are willing to pay top dollar for this stuff....

26 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

How much was he asking for holly grails?

I paid 100 for the head. But I get decent prices to. 

He told me 75 for a Walt Disney in front of someone then says later oh cheaper I didn't want to say in front of them..

43 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hey now... don’t knock the common torches!!! 😂 My Nuvo torches are common, but pretty. 😊

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Weikel said:

So what happened to the battlebox?? I thought you pulled the trigger on some sps?

Yes I did. Look back I posted pics.

Mostly millis and there doing good..

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Yes I did. Look back I posted pics.

Mostly millis and there doing good..

Well shit I will have to search then...

• Like 1
A Little Blue
29 minutes ago, spectra said:

I paid 100 for the head. But I get decent prices to. 

He told me 75 for a Walt Disney in front of someone then says later oh cheaper I didn't want to say in front of them..

I got Walt Disney for $35 lol

You did mentioned that you paid $100 but was that what he was selling as Holy Grail? Or was it something else. 

I have seen few Holy Grails in person and they all looked a little different. To be honest, they were all nice but one stood out. It was Indo HG with amazingly long tentacles and even more amazing rainbow like coloration. I have seen it under Kessils that I am very familiar with so there was no chance that I could be fools with unfamiliar light. 

35 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Hey now... don’t knock the common torches!!! 😂 My Nuvo torches are common, but pretty. 😊

I’m not knocking. I have several of those and love them all. Since the price keeps going up, I am going to give them a little more love and attention. 🤣

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I got Walt Disney for $35 lol

You did mentioned that you paid $100 but was that what he was selling as Holy Grail? Or was it something else. 

I have seen few Holy Grails in person and they all looked a little different. To be honest, they were all nice but one stood out. It was Indo HG with amazingly long tentacles and even more amazing rainbow like coloration. I have seen it under Kessils that I am very familiar with so there was no chance that I could be fools with unfamiliar light. 

I’m not knocking. I have several of those and love them all. Since the price keeps going up, I am going to give them a little more love and attention. 🤣

Yes but what size was the frag?

Yes was selling as the hg and knowing the guy who had the tank I am sure it's correct...he had a lot of nice  corals. 

A Little Blue
21 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yes but what size was the frag?

Yes was selling as the hg and knowing the guy who had the tank I am sure it's correct...he had a lot of nice  corals. 

Booger size. An inch or so. 

Take good care of it. 

It might become a $ maker. Hell, I do buy that of you when you grow sick of it or get tired of counting heads. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well tank is still going and thinking of an anemone tank now :rolleyes: flippen aptasia everywhere and it was dry rock............:angry: I think there were some behind my overflow and well didnt take it off the tnk when I swapped everything..........now there coming in with a vengeance............been using aptasia X and wish I had my file fish back.............would love to toss some peppermints in there but the wrasses would eat them..........

Anyway a few pics..........some SPS are doing great others well died imagine that :lol: and Mitten Kittens the torch is loving life :wink:

IMG_6901.jpg

IMG_6902.jpg

IMG_6903.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6905.jpg

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6907.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
FISHnChix

If you knew how to take pictures I'm sure those would look bad ass🤣... not that I could do any better lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1