Coral Vue Hydros

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

Well RTF came over tonight :o no beers and he would not even take a zoa home :blink: Figured out what was up with the light and its up and running 100% so can fry an egg on the sandbed now :lol:

IMG_3157.jpg

I will say I love the T5s and now have color I did not see before.........

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

I will say I need a better camera :lol: I am going to have to treat myself to one this Christmas ;)

Tank is looking great, Sugar-Tits!

• Like 5

damn man this thing is coming along! More tangs!!

I am good with the one Purple.........I did have a sail fin that was about 4" long at well it is now in a Reefer 525 at a local store. Also a Tomini that a local reefer has now in his tank. I love my tangs but I want to grow them out and send them of to a bigger tank......

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

I am good with the one Purple.........I did have a sail fin that was about 4" long at well it is now in a Reefer 525 at a local store. Also a Tomini that a local reefer has now in his tank. I love my tangs but I want to grow them out and send them of to a bigger tank......

i can't argue with that! What other fish plans do you have?

i can't argue with that! What other fish plans do you have?

Not much right now. I have the purple tang, 5 or 6 chromis, randalls goby, a mini geodsic hawk, starry blenny, opossum wrasse, fairy wrasse and a full size about 3 1/2" fox face in there now. Plus I have a few that could go in from another tank........they were all together at one time in my garage tank.

Are you really offended? Make me a Togo baggy. I'll swing by on my way out of town

Sorry no Uber in front of my house :P

I will deliver at midnight with my clown mask on.......................

• Like 3

Sorry no Uber in front of my house :P

I will deliver at midnight with my clown mask on.......................

im done with uber and other assclowns in front of my house
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well bored and decided to update with a few new pics........tank is all set up on the Apex now and even have the ATO running. Picking up a 25 gallon container hopefully tomorrow from a local supplier as tank seems to op off about 2 gallons a day. Doser is hooked up but still hand dosing as I need to update the Apex.......anyway off to a few pics.....

Control center......IMG_3100_1.jpg

Utter Chaos......IMG_3158.jpg

Moved over a few acans from the garage tank.....IMG_3193.jpg

Picked up a nice clam.....IMG_3194.jpg

The Fuge......IMG_3197.jpg

And last a full frontal shot :oIMG_3199.jpg

Pics are to yellow need a better camera :rolleyes:

• Like 7

Wow this is coming along great! What's the second pipe hanging over the fuge? Emergency overflow?

Yes emergency overflow there. Pipe on the right of that into the skimmer chamber is the other return. I broke them up so I would not get all the flow going through the refugium.

Added the sand to the fuge as I just like the look so much better......only issue was a little dust storm and well nuked my strawberry shortcake :wacko: woke up to a skeleton..........glad it was only a 10 dollar frag but it was actually growing and a good 2 inches tall with 4 stalks coming off the plug......

All other SPS doing fine...........

• Like 2

Ok bored again its a lame Sunday :lol: glued a few down and picked up another gorgonian.............I even glued some xenia in there :blink:

IMG_3218.jpg

Also pulled this out of the wifes 30......well it was not this color in there :oIMG_3216.jpg

• Like 5

Nice. More pics!

Careful with the Xenia .. I could never grow it in my big tank ... and now it won't stop spreading. I do like the look, but man is it aggressive. Fortunately nothing seems bothered if a end up smoking a few trying to remove them from rocks. I need a better pair of tweezers.

• Like 1

Nice. More pics!

Careful with the Xenia .. I could never grow it in my big tank ... and now it won't stop spreading. I do like the look, but man is it aggressive. Fortunately nothing seems bothered if a end up smoking a few trying to remove them from rocks. I need a better pair of tweezers.

Tank looks pretty much the same as you see right now.

As for the xenia well I nuke it in my 40 breeder :lol: not sure why but if I put it in there it melts in 3 to 4 days.....

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I see growth tips! The tank looks great :)

There are actually a few and it surprises me :lol: I have lost a coral or two but hey its the hobby...........trying to keep the SPS to a minimum but brought home two more today :o

Things are looking great, Spectra!! Love the clam and all the polyps!!

Thanks! and clam is growing......I saw a nice new set of white ridges on it today while cleaning the tank. Some of those polyps coming your way ;)

Looks great man

Thanks! How is yours coming along ?

You have a very happy Dendro! Looks like in no time all you will see is polyps, no rock......

Yep that was my single dendro purchased a year ago from ASD and now have 4 or 5 polyps on there. That thing is a pig :lol: it eats anything I feed it............

• Like 3

Well bored and decided to update with a few new pics........tank is all set up on the Apex now and even have the ATO running. Picking up a 25 gallon container hopefully tomorrow from a local supplier as tank seems to op off about 2 gallons a day. Doser is hooked up but still hand dosing as I need to update the Apex.......anyway off to a few pics.....

Control center......IMG_3100_1.jpg

Utter Chaos......IMG_3158.jpg

Moved over a few acans from the garage tank.....IMG_3193.jpg

Picked up a nice clam.....IMG_3194.jpg

The Fuge......IMG_3197.jpg

And last a full frontal shot :oIMG_3199.jpg

Pics are to yellow need a better camera :rolleyes:

Is that a Crapper Trapper I see in your sump :)?
  • Like 2

Is that a Crapper Trapper I see in your sump :)?

Yup :P I saw yours and liked the idea................. ;)

I do have a sock on the other return to the right but in the fuge I like the trapper.......so far so good.........

In my garage tank I run no socks at all......am hoping once the fuge takes off I can ditch the trapper as I will put a fish in there and that way food just makes its way down.

• Like 1