Cultivated Reef

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

Yeah but not shipping for a few days and I want it hooked up now........

That's what I bought and well wont hook up and once plugged in for 5 mins I think you could light a smoke with it :blink: it was hotter than a 20 dollar pistol........

• Like 1

Yeah but not shipping for a few days and I want it hooked up now........

That's what I bought and well wont hook up and once plugged in for 5 mins I think you could light a smoke with it :blink: it was hotter than a 20 dollar pistol........

I felt the same way. I actually got mine using Prime Now, it took two hours and an extra $5 driver's tip :P

• Like 3

I felt the same way. I actually got mine using Prime Now, it took two hours and an extra $5 driver's tip :P

I ended up at Best Buy and bought a netgear product.........will see what happens in a few hours. Need to bbq some grub and drink a few beers :lol: fish geek meeting today and just got home with a few more corals :wacko:

• Like 3
righttirefire

I ended up at Best Buy and bought a netgear product.........will see what happens in a few hours. Need to bbq some grub and drink a few beers :lol: fish geek meeting today and just got home with a few more corals :wacko:

Bring me something pretty from the meeting

• Like 2

Well Aex is now running and connected to the spectra world wide network ;) even an old dog can figure out a new trick once in a while...................I hate computers.........but will say that fusion is way better than the old crap you had to do on the Apex. At least I have a heater working now.......off to the DOS tomorrow maybe :blink:

• Like 4

Where are the photos of the new goodies???

You saw the plate :lol: plus the chili and the jerky........I have been busy ;) tank is dirty but will post a few later on. I am waiting for a fish geek to stop buy and grab some zoas.

Where's the pictures Jack?

Page 8 :P

Spectra! Awesome tank! I aspire to have a tank this size some day... The dimensions are great!

Are the doors held on at the top only by magnets? I see they sit on that little piece of angle at the bottom.

Love the pukani. After getting this stuff I can't say enough about how much I like the textures and the flow of the grooves and holes. Did you get it at BRS? I got mine there and was impressed at the size of the chunks they sent me - it looks like yours are pretty large.

Trying to think of a cool question or comment but instead I think I'll sit tight and watch as things progress. Keep up with the pics!

• Like 2

Spectra! Awesome tank! I aspire to have a tank this size some day... The dimensions are great!

Are the doors held on at the top only by magnets? I see they sit on that little piece of angle at the bottom.

Love the pukani. After getting this stuff I can't say enough about how much I like the textures and the flow of the grooves and holes. Did you get it at BRS? I got mine there and was impressed at the size of the chunks they sent me - it looks like yours are pretty large.

Trying to think of a cool question or comment but instead I think I'll sit tight and watch as things progress. Keep up with the pics!

Thanks first!

Yes on the magnets only. Just found some nice sized ones at the local hardware store. They work out great as the doors are pretty heavy. I did not have a way to rip down the barn wood so doors with plywood are about 1 1/2 thick.

And yes all rock came from BRS. I had to cut a few down as they would have stuck out of the water. I do like the fact the rock cuts so easily.

Your stand looks awesome and I love the lagoon style rock scape. How fish heavy do you plan to go?

It looked like you went with a synergy reef ghost overflow - is there any reason you went with that one instead of the ones oceans by design makes? I just put in an order for a tank and overflow from them, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I overlooked :).

• Like 1

Your stand looks awesome and I love the lagoon style rock scape. How fish heavy do you plan to go?

It looked like you went with a synergy reef ghost overflow - is there any reason you went with that one instead of the ones oceans by design makes? I just put in an order for a tank and overflow from them, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I overlooked :).

As of now I have about 12 to 14 fish in it. Biggest fish is a foxface about 2 1/2 inches long. The others are all nano fish and some chromis. The purple tang will grow eventually but right now there are bigger chromis in there than the tang.

Went with the synergy overflow as I had it already. I actually like the way it worked out. I think OBD uses glass and it does not come off so it would have been a pain getting it into the house.

And thanks!

• Like 1

As of now I have about 12 to 14 fish in it. Biggest fish is a foxface about 2 1/2 inches long. The others are all nano fish and some chromis. The purple tang will grow eventually but right now there are bigger chromis in there than the tang.

Went with the synergy overflow as I had it already. I actually like the way it worked out. I think OBD uses glass and it does not come off so it would have been a pain getting it into the house.

And thanks!

Ahhh I see, that makes sense. I haven't actually seen their ghost overflows in person, hopefully I like it. My tank will be smaller so hopefully I won't have too much trouble getting it in my house.

Ahhh I see, that makes sense. I haven't actually seen their ghost overflows in person, hopefully I like it. My tank will be smaller so hopefully I won't have too much trouble getting it in my house.

I do like there coast to coast overflow they do. Is that what you got or ?

I know of a few OBD tanks by me as they are kind of close.

No, mine will be a 16 inch ghost overflow style, on a 48 x 24 x 16 peninsula.

I used to visit their store a lot when they were in Tukwila, was sad to find that closed once I got back into the hobby.

• Like 1

No, mine will be a 16 inch ghost overflow style, on a 48 x 24 x 16 peninsula.

I used to visit their store a lot when they were in Tukwila, was sad to find that closed once I got back into the hobby.

Yep Mike is now working for the shop he sold it a while ago.

I have never been up that way as its a 4 hour drive.................not for me.

8 total

Slowly coming along.......moved over a few pieces of SPS tonight out of the beater tank......not sure how many I will go with as I like the flow of the gorgonians in there.......

IMG_3124.jpg

• Like 7

Well RTF came over tonight :o no beers and he would not even take a zoa home :blink: Figured out what was up with the light and its up and running 100% so can fry an egg on the sandbed now :lol:

IMG_3157.jpg

I will say I love the T5s and now have color I did not see before.........

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

I will say I need a better camera :lol: I am going to have to treat myself to one this Christmas ;)

• Like 6