Cultivated Reef

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

Looks like we should have the gravel come Thursday. Went to my least favorite place in the world today and got 4x45 elbows, 2x 1" male adapters, a stalk of 1" PVC and a stalk of 1/2" PVC. I should have enough now for my tank as well. This should work well. There's some wild ass looking Halimeda growing on the live rock from Indo and I have a tuft of Dragon's breath back there too.

• Like 1

OK, tank is leveled and plumbed. There's something going on in her cube and I don't know what it is so when we plumb in the fuge, we're gonna redo the main tank. My theory is that the pistol has piled the sand up in the back about 7" and we have a hydrogen sulfide pocket in there. Everything checks out fine.

• Like 2

You know you're day is shit when you wake up at 0230, it's storming and the dogs need to go out. The rest of the gravel is supposed to be here this afternoon so we'll get it partially filled and put a filtre on the tank to get it cleared up before I cut it lose into the main system.

• Like 2

Got some light action going, water's SLOWLY trickling into the tank and we'll turn up the volume in a few hours. We decided to use the old VIPER metal halide fixture over it. I have a 10k bulb in it. I do know this, that 70W metal halide makes leather corals have an orgasm, lol.

• Like 3

OK, Porites is one tough coral in my book. Those 2 little tiny colonies on that rock got hauled out of the ocean, pressure washed with a hose, slapped in a box and shipped across the world. The PE on those was amazing, I'll put the macro on the camera tonight and shoot a few pictures.

• Like 2

OK, Porites is one tough coral in my book. Those 2 little tiny colonies on that rock got hauled out of the ocean, pressure washed with a hose, slapped in a box and shipped across the world. The PE on those was amazing, I'll put the macro on the camera tonight and shoot a few pictures.

I have found this to be true. Unless it's a yellow variety. Brown and green are almost indestructible. Yellow not so much.
  • Like 1

I have found that a lot of U folks and especially the Sponsors of this Forum are Great!

All Very Helpful or Try their best to get ya pointed in the right direction.

• Like 1

I have found this to be true. Unless it's a yellow variety. Brown and green are almost indestructible. Yellow not so much.

I want some of the red Porites. This fall I WILL have some off the WYSIWYG Kupang list. I just wanna wander around the South Pacific for a few months on my own collecting from a PBY as I go. I'm going to try some of the yellow Porites out of Fiji too, their stuff seems to hold up MUCH better than the Indo stuff.

• Like 1

Did a total rescape on M's cube. We found that the pistol shrimp had, somehow, "glued" for lack of a better term, all the sand in the back of the tank together. I'm at a loss as to what the hell is going on in her tank. Her LED system is the oldest and all I can think is that it's somehow drifted. We removed 1/2 the rock, did an 80 gallon water change over the last 4 days. I moved corals over to the new fuge and they're open, WTF? It's all plumbed together and goes into the same sump so I don't have a frickin' clue. Same damn water different lighting. Anyone with an idea, I'd like to hear it, @Jedimasterben, any insight on the LED drift?

Vermetid snails effing SUCK when you break one off in your hand and you don't realize it for 2 days, Mother Fletcher!!! I have a 1/4 knot in the web of my right hand from where one got me doing the rescape. I'd rather get spined by a lionfish.