Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

I started a thread over in Dave's section Stella. Let's see what he can come up with. I think I could modify the stock light bar with one of his pucks. I've seen a few for damn near $400 for a 27w system, screw that. I wanna grow stuff, NOT boil water, lol.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

OK, ordered enough clear 4" PVC to make 4 reactors, 2 sulfur and 2 calcium to use up the sulfuric acid the sulfur reactor makes. This is gonna be a fun project! Combines 2 things I love, chemistry and machine work. I think I'm going to use cleanouts and caps for the top to facilitate media addition and degassing.

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

Called in some favors from the business, I have 6 sheets of 15mm thick by 6x12" PVC coming. I've fixed enough of their broken shit at a decent price that they can give up the goodies or the next time, the bill will be one of the unlubed kind. Hopefully I'll be able to mess around with the new mill. Bought it from a re seller, never used. He wanted my WW2 Bridgeport so we traded. My Bridgeport mill had the prints and go/no-go gauges in it for M1A1 Tommyguns.

• Like 2

Looks like we're gonna be replacing our TV, it decided to shit the bed 15 minutes ago.

Well that sucks. But at least the value per dollar for new TV's is way higher than it was even a couple years ago.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Well that sucks. But at least the value per dollar for new TV's is way higher than it was even a couple years ago.

Yea, we watch shows from the 70s, BBC America and a few nature shows. We got last years model Samsung 32" for $200, LG and Vizio are shit in my opinion, neither lasted 4 years. My old Magnavox CRT TV was 24 when it finally died.

• Like 2

Yea, we watch shows from the 70s, BBC America and a few nature shows. We got last years model Samsung 32" for $200, LG and Vizio are shit in my opinion, neither lasted 4 years. My old Magnavox CRT TV was 24 when it finally died.

I have yet to have a TV actually wear out. They just become obsolete after about 15 or 20 years. But I've only ever bought Samsung LED's.
  • Like 2
StinkyBunny

I've had 2 LG phones and they were the BIGGEST pieces of shit to ever have been made. That last LG TV was nice, but 3 years is not good. I also bought a sound bar for it as well, we'll see how this pans out. My luck with ALL things electrical is not stellar, lol.

I did buy an LG for my garage TV. But that was based on my assumption that the 90 degrees temps in there every summer will destroy pretty much any TV I put in there, so I got the cheapest one I could find. I'd rather replace a $150 TV every other year instead of a $600 TV every third year.

Good luck with the new one!

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

I was looking on Jet at TVs, $9999 for a TV?!?!?!?!?!? This little Samsung has a damn nice picture. Teeny, you be careful, the weather's shit all around us bro.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's amazing what $200 will buy now in the TV department. I'm sure that $10K TV is nice and all but, seriously???

It's pouring down rain here. About time, though. I think it's worse up your way...

StinkyBunny

I was just talking to a kid in chat that lives down on the Rappahannock river and he said that he catches Lined seahorses all the time. Looks like a road trip is coming up in a few weeks. M wants to try her hand at them. We're going to put a 30g display refugium on her tank and put some seahorses, pipefish and mandarins or scooters.

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

Everyone was about the same price on the TV Penny. I had a $25 credit from Best Buy and they're right around the corner from here. I usually buy from Costco, they have a store right over in Delaware and I usually go over there for big ticket items to beat the tax. My little diesel Golf doesn't burn much fuel on the 70 mile round trip and I pick up alcohol over there too, Maryland has a 9% sin tax on booze.

As for the rain, we got about 3" here in Bel Air, they got 6.5" out in Howard county. That was all in a 1-2 hour period.

• Like 1

Everyone was about the same price on the TV Penny. I had a $25 credit from Best Buy and they're right around the corner from here. I usually buy from Costco, they have a store right over in Delaware and I usually go over there for big ticket items to beat the tax. My little diesel Golf doesn't burn much fuel on the 70 mile round trip and I pick up alcohol over there too, Maryland has a 9% sin tax on booze.

As for the rain, we got about 3" here in Bel Air, they got 6.5" out in Howard county. That was all in a 1-2 hour period.

9% tax in Maryland. Geez. I grew up in Annapolis. Glad I'm not there anymore. It would be hard to continue my wiley ways!

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

9% tax in Maryland. Geez. I grew up in Annapolis. Glad I'm not there anymore. It would be hard to continue my wiley ways!

As soon as I can get out of this shithole of a state, I'm gone. I hate Maryland with a passion that keeps me warm on a cold winters night. :rant:

• Like 1

As soon as I can get out of this shithole of a state, I'm gone. I hate Maryland with a passion that keeps me warm on a cold winters night. :rant:

I lived in IL most of my life, moved to MD for 13 years (still have a house there in Pasadena,) and now am back in IL for the last 2. Outside of the fact I can actually concealed carry in IL, I'd rather be in MD than here. Not that I like either state, but my property taxes in MD are about 40% lower than here and the house in MD is worth almost 33% more. That said once the kids are out of school, we are out of IL and hopefully I can dump the MD house long before that too. Most people I know in both states can't wait to get out.

StinkyBunny

We have property on Big Pine Key in The Keys, you can see why we want out of here. My folks are up in age and I'm staying put for a while.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Sound bar for the TV arrived today and the love of my life already had it installed when I got home. I'm gonna turn her into a repair woman yet, lol. This thing sounds AMAZING!!

If anyone is into nature shows, The Hunt on BBC America is TOP NOTCH!!

• Like 1