Innovative Marine Aquariums

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

Shrimp scampi done. Salinities are coming back up, 1.0235 right now, should be good to go tomorrow. If you ever find yourself in this pickle, just replace your top off water with mixed water or NSW and you're good in 2-3 days.

• Like 1

The weather is OK here today. We managed to score a JBJ 45 tank that we're going to use on Ms tank. Very well thought out tank, the silicone work is a tad sloppy though, but other than that, very nice. Gonna work on drilling it and getting it set up for her refugium.

• Like 4

Because it was $50 and I'm a cheap SOB. :D I just happened to be looking on CL yesterday and found it. The guy's moving to a house and he going to be putting in a larger tank, I think we have another customer. He had a 10g with about 8 gallons of beautiful Aussie frogspawn.

• Like 2

Because it was $50 and I'm a cheap SOB. :D I just happened to be looking on CL yesterday and found it. The guy's moving to a house and he going to be putting in a larger tank, I think we have another customer. He had a 10g with about 8 gallons of beautiful Aussie frogspawn.

Um, yeah, for $50 I'd drill an AIO too!

• Like 1

Well, no drilling, it's tempered so I'm gonna build an overflow box for it.

Edit:

Just did the test for it, it passed the test so we're gonna take our time and drill it. If it breaks, I'll replace the glass with a drilled piece. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :D

HOUSTON WE HAVE A HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pictarz in a few when I dry off, had to play hosingz with teh pups for being good and Beetle Berries needed a baffies in a BAD way. IR soaked, lol.

It's gonna be a NASTY winter here in the northeast folks, Kate and Benny haven't gotten it wrong yet.

srHuOi8.jpg

• Like 4

Almost 2100 hrs and it's still 87 degrees, yea, this week's gonna suck immensely.

This summer has been brutal. One of the hottest I can remember!!

• Like 1

Now I need to decide whether I want to rip out the AIO filtre and just put in one of my overflow boxes or leave it. What say the masses?

I'd take out the false wall and put in an overflow box. Less buildup of detritus and more room for corals. You've already done the hard part anyway :)
  • Like 2

Drilling that hole was the hard part, not even hard, nerve wracking, waiting for BOOM, GLASS EVERYWHERE!! I have parts cut for 2 more overflow boxes, I'm just going to build both tonight while I have the syringe loaded with solvent. I need to build another rack for 2 more 40B tanks for this fall.

• Like 1

Overflow box is done, the 45 is no longer an AIO, pictars coming after I get a shower. I smell like the north end of a southbound polecat. Sufficeit to say I will NEVER use black silicone on any tank I build. It came off the glass WAY too easy!!

• Like 1

One of the funniest moments I remember is Pryor and Gene in Stir Crazy. Gene coming out w/ a boom box on his shoulder face black w/ shoe polish. I hope I remembered that scene right. Been a looong time.

• Like 3

OK, pictures as promised of the filtration removed and the overflow box.

JrtovQV.jpg

DZkoxeR.jpg

And a HUGE public thank you to Jeff @ Marine Depot for trying to help me find out if that RM45 was tempered.

• Like 6