Top Shelf Aquatics

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

I woke up about 0200 and was sitting here in the chair when Eyegore decided to do a lap around his tank, lol. He/she hides well. I'm gonna start on the install of the Nanobox retro this week, I need to get some acrylic to make a splash guard.

• Like 2

Wow. Calling the police about big genitals. Wonder why that offended her? But maybe like Ron White says, "looks like he had a squirrel in there!"

I heard the mantis shrimp down that way were so big you could eat them and that they serve them in restaurants.

• Like 4

Wow. Calling the police about big genitals. Wonder why that offended her? But maybe like Ron White says, "looks like he had a squirrel in there!"

I heard the mantis shrimp down that way were so big you could eat them and that they serve them in restaurants.

She was probably a lesbian, that's the only thing I can think of.

Catching mantis shrimp for dinner in The Christmas Islands. North American mantis shrimp can reach a foot.

• Like 2

Well, last night the lights over the 93 decided to shit the bed so I'm looking around for something else. Sent Dave an email, I'm damn impressed with that little retro, I call it the sun the size of a hot dog bun, lol. Damn nice work Dave, it's great to have someone that takes pride in their work in our corner!

• Like 1

It's far too hot and humid this week

When I texted you earlier, I was in the car. Right before that I was finishing up welding the last oven, it was 143 degrees in there today. For those on the metric system, just under 62C. I drank 10 litres of water and I'm down 2 lbs from this morning. :huh:

F me in the A with a telephone pole, ALL the salinities are off by almost 4 points at home, low. So the refractometer might just die of copper and lead poisoning, I just calibrated the goddamn thing a week ago too. Checked all 5 systems with my 30 year old swing arm and 40 year old bobber and came up with the same thing, 1.021. Something to be said for old skool technology, I'm gonna stick with old skool.

• Like 1

F me in the A with a telephone pole, ALL the salinities are off by almost 4 points at home, low. So the refractometer might just die of copper and lead poisoning, I just calibrated the goddamn thing a week ago too. Checked all 5 systems with my 30 year old swing arm and 40 year old bobber and came up with the same thing, 1.021. Something to be said for old skool technology, I'm gonna stick with old skool.

That sucks, what brand is it?

Sybon, I'm going to look around for another one. I got that from a guy that was breaking down his tank. He bought it, the tank sprung a leak and I inherited everything he had.

86 lbs of shrimp deheaded and frozen. Found another guy since my buddy wasn't going out and he off loaded everything he had on us, glad I took extra coolers, lol. Smalls go to make fish food, larges go to make people food.

• Like 2

86 lbs of shrimp deheaded and frozen. Found another guy since my buddy wasn't going out and he off loaded everything he had on us, glad I took extra coolers, lol. Smalls go to make fish food, larges go to make people food.

Nom nom nom :P

Sorry about the salinity. I have a super cheap temperature correcting one I got from Amazon and it's still going strong. I've got a little bottle of reference solution so I just check it once a month. It's always right on. I guess I just got lucky.

OMG yes!!! Yum!

We just had 2 lbs, the rest was processed and vacuum sealed into large shrimp and small shrimp. Smalls are going to be processed into food, larges will be eaten. Tomorrow will be scampi. I made some food a while ago, shrimp, scallop, mussel and clam. This time I'm going to add soft crab.

• Like 2