Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

If I cut mine any shorter, there will be scalp showing. ;)

LORwbOE.jpg

Yeah, you don't need to scalp yourself.

I said I'm done w/ coloring! Unless I want to something for fun later like blue or purple, I'm no longer a slave to dyeing!!!! And I'm lovin' it.

• Like 2

Meet my Starry Blenny, who's finding himself a very comfortable perch w/ the rose coral.

20160825_222826_zpsnivrre8e.jpg

20160825_223044_zpsbsrdfnzg.jpg

20160825_223440_zpseoxzlkg8.jpg

And my Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse.

He's not doing so well. Was pretty still but breathing heavy in the bag as I did temp and salinity acclimation for 1 hr 15 mins. When I let him out he had a few moments where he zipped from one place to another out of nervousness and then breathing heavy again.

I hope he makes it overnight.

20160825_222552_zps0kffxi97.jpg

20160825_230018_zpsrgvzl6q8.jpg

• Like 7

He's really pretty!!! Hope he makes it. I never acclimate my fish except to temp unless the salinity isn't close. The bag really stresses them out. Flasher wrasse's are known to "play dead" though. I am not sure about fairys.

My LFS just got a Lubbock's in this week. I may have to go check him out after seeing yours.

• Like 1

Sadly, the lubbocks fairy was dead in the tank this am. The water in the bags was very different. 1.017-1.019. I keep mine at 1.026.

I added water slowly over 1 hr 15 mins but he was looking stressed in the bag when I got him. He was breathing heavy and moving little.

While the Starry who was from the same facility and picked up at the same time is swimming around, laying up against rocks. I'm thawing some mysis and mincing it up so even the tiny cherub can get some.

Sadly, the lubbocks fairy was dead in the tank this am. The water in the bags was very different. 1.017-1.019. I keep mine at 1.026.

I added water slowly over 1 hr 15 mins but he was looking stressed in the bag when I got him. He was breathing heavy and moving little.

While the Starry who was from the same facility and picked up at the same time is swimming around, laying up against rocks. I'm thawing some mysis and mincing it up so even the tiny cherub can get some.

Aww, Damn FlowerMama...Sorry to hear this :tears:

• Like 1

PM me your address and I'll send you an IV dripset to use for acclimation. I use plastic bins that I get from the Dollar store for acclimation, we probably have 50 bins of different sizes to acclimate new arrivals. This is what one of my shipments looked like, 73 bags.

xZc3Yeu.jpg

95TNrY7.jpg

• Like 5

Sorry about your fish :( Makes sense about the drip then. Fairy and Flasher wrasse's stress easily in my experience but sounds like yours was perhaps not doing well to begin with. My flasher wrasse was the only fish death I had from moving and it literally died from the stress. The small females/juvies seem to fair better.

Glad your starry is doing well though!! Those fish are so unique and cool looking.

Found this cute little bivalve on the bottom of the rock with the rose coral. To the left of the rose coral is actually a big bivalve, must be like the other 2 in the back of the tank. I've still never found the big ones mouth, it must be facing down. This one is so small and I love the zig zag. Again, just fun finding out about another hitch hiker almost 5 mos after.

20160825_183128_zpszg0afyrf.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, and the colors are turning down in the tank and it all looks the same in the camera. I did have a funny moment a little bit ago. Bowie, the tang, just pecked on the side of the Starry as if were part of the rock landscape, maybe cuz of his stars. Blenny's like what the?? He adjusted his stance.

Guess it'll help if I say only his gorgeous blenny eyelashes are visible.

Well the only thing I could see that looked possibly like a starry blenny is behind the kenya tree? I thought I should be looking for an entire body so I didn't even say my guess LOL.

• Like 1

Well the only thing I could see that looked possibly like a starry blenny is behind the kenya tree? I thought I should be looking for an entire body so I didn't even say my guess LOL.

Look at the xenia, the antenna/bunny ears!

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix

Sorry to hear about the wrasse, Flower. Mine died in QT several days back as well. They seem awfully sensitive and stress out easily. That blenny is adorable! It's a starry, isn't it? Love it when it dons its camo-colors.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the wrasse, Flower. Mine died in QT several days back as well. They seem awfully sensitive and stress out easily. That blenny is adorable! It's a starry, isn't it? Love it when it dons its camo-colors.

Yes, I didn't know wrasse had such a "bag" reputation when bagged. I'm trying a different variety in a few wks, more red/dark pink. My friends are going to a closer wholesaler like 3 hrs away. These last 2 fish came from FL or GA. Hoping for better and StinkyBunny said he'd send me a drip acclimation set. Hopefully this next one deals with it better. And yes love the starry. In general I love how blennies think you can't see them, they're like the CIA or FBI.

• Like 1

Sorry about the wrasse, they ship HORRIBLY. I wait till its cool to move any wrasses, if the water goes up over 82ish degrees, it seems it does them in.

The bivalve is a Cock's Comb Oyster.

• Like 1

Sorry about the wrasse, they ship HORRIBLY. I wait till its cool to move any wrasses, if the water goes up over 82ish degrees, it seems it does them in.

The bivalve is a Cock's Comb Oyster.

cool. So it's just like the others I have in there, just tinier scale. They picks up the fish in either FL or GA but in that drive home to NC it got too stressed apparently.