SaltCritters.com

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

FlowerMama

Did something happen that you want a gun now?

No but I am slowly wanting to enter into the dating scene and at night NC is dark, they don't light the streets like they do in the suburbs of Chicago. I hope to never have to use it, certainly believe in the least force possible. I have a tazer too. But even hiking around here, I stopped doing that on a flat spot between 2 roads here, it's part of a longer trail called the Mountains to Sea Trail. I don't hike anymore because I was asked once by a guy if I ever wanted to change at his place right off the trail here I could after work. Ty. Creepy. And then another time my friend was in a dollar store by our workplace, guy starts following her, doing a bad job of concealing, comes up behind her and breathes on her neck. Too much creepy stuff. If ever anyone was to come at me & want to hurt me, for safety sake I want to be protected.

FlowerMama

Even walking through Walmart here one evening, a worker told me to be careful. I had my purse sitting in the front where the child sits. I always take it with me when I go to retrieve something so I don't just leave it there & walk away. Worker as she told me was moving her eyes, like scanning the place.

3 wks ago lady got beaten up in front of the grocery store nearby. Even though she may have known the person, the police came out & such, if he saw me trying to pretend not to watch and mind my own business, he could shoot me or beat me up too.

This is a small condo complex, like only 2 streets of condos. Next to us just went up a huge high living apt complex that's gated. Many more people than what I'm used to living around.

Single, 45 and want to feel more confident. I don't have anyone to protect me. Hopefully, there's never a situation that I have to use it for real. But I do want to have the knowledge and skills if I ever need to. Of course I prefer it to be practice only. I've been thinking about it for about a year now.

I hear too that the range has some shooting skills classes too, geared towards women. I've thought also of a self-defense class for women too.

• 2 weeks later...

Now it's on the side of it, it's not as bad now for the snail but he's still irritated. It's just funny.

20160718_225149_zpsxzpjx7tb.jpg

nice hat!

Yeah, I thought it looked like a birthday hat.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, too long w/o a post.

I got a 16 oz package of Hikari jumbo mysis free when my friends got me a new Pygmy Angel and Royal Gramma to replace when they died 8 wks ago. The pygmy is an inch long and the royal gramma is 2 or so. I was fallow for 8 wks. He got the fish 2 wks ago and put them in a 10g separate from his main system that he had to restart to be fallow as well.

No picture of royal gramma yet but here's a pic of the little angel. Well, maybe not, Photobucket is not registering when I click on the link for it and while I still have half the amount of storage space left, it brings me to the advertisement to buy more storage space.

• Like 4

Well, maybe not, Photobucket is not registering when I click on the link for it and while I still have half the amount of storage space left, it brings me to the advertisement to buy more storage space.

If you are taking the pics with your phone, what I always do is just upload them to facebook but change the post settings so only I can see the pictures. Then I just copy/paste the image url.

I hate Photobucket. Site is slow and full of ads. Flickr is so much better and easier. Can't wait to see the pics of pygmy angel. I am debating between that it coral beauty.

The cherub is certainly inquisitive, it started checking the tank out, royal gramma's been much slower in doing so.

• Like 1

The cherub is certainly inquisitive, it started checking the tank out, royal gramma's been much slower in doing so.

Can't wait to see them!! Will you be getting jawfish again as well?

Can't wait to see them!! Will you be getting jawfish again as well?

No, I decided not as my landscape used to have a nice hill, then it fell.

Hard to get this cherub/pygmy angel. She's so quick!!!

20160804_202208_zpshaqodhem.jpg

20160808_181922_zpsrphdznop.jpg

20160808_182012_zpsdtsrf1np.jpg

20160808_182516_zpsf5ifb3ap.jpg

20160808_185910_zpshfdpgnqt.jpg

• Like 6

Too dark but that's the best I can get as they runaway. Just as bright is the royal gramma is the royal blue and sunshiny yellow pygmy.

20160809_204149_zps6xkmlvlo.jpg

20160809_204144_zpsy10ej1uc.jpg

• Like 5

They are so cute! It must be really nice to have fish in there again :)

It is really nice. 8 long weeks fishless. I think the rock flowers do better too if there's fish poop in the water. I like to think its fertilizer.

• Like 2

Nice fish! I've been drawn to the cherub and flameback angel lately. Not sure if my tank is big enough, though.

Flameback is pretty too. Guess I didn't notice that one, so just more yellow. I really love the royal blue w/ yellow combo on either fish.

Yes, Caribbean. LiveAquaria says gets to 3" and min says 55g, however many people do keep them in 40s. He hasn't touched any lps yet and I have the duncan, chalice and the beauuutiful hitchhiker rose coral.

The others are not Caribbean but are pretty too Flameback and FIreball. All say 3" and min 55.

Flameback is from Africa & Maldives

Fireball is orange & blue- Brazillian

• Like 2

Yes, Caribbean. LiveAquaria says gets to 3" and min says 55g, however many people do keep them in 40s. He hasn't touched any lps yet and I have the duncan, chalice and the beauuutiful hitchhiker rose coral.

The others are not Caribbean but are pretty too Flameback and FIreball. All say 3" and min 55.

Flameback is from Africa & Maldives

Fireball is orange & blue- Brazillian

I thought so but couldn't remember. I was trying to remember if I saw them on KPAs website. I knew the gramma was a Caribbean species. They should be best friends then :).

I thought so but couldn't remember. I was trying to remember if I saw them on KPAs website. I knew the gramma was a Caribbean species. They should be best friends then :).

The first day it was getting chased a little, royal gramma showing off his size however I believe this will turn around. Yesterday they were swimming around each other and less chasing by gramma.

• Like 2

Look who's come to stay with me! Many of you probably remember FlCandy. Long story but her kole tang has been rehomed to me. She hadn't seen him in a year. His name remains Bowie. He's just about 3"

• Like 6