Pod Your Reef

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Love the Hawk fish. :) I need my shrimp, otherwise I'd get a Flame hawk.

I'm so glad I got him. Lights will soon come on but he's just perching so he seems happy.

Wow the tank is looking fantastic. That hawkfish sure is awesome.

Thank You, I really think the tank is coming together Looking forward to when the leathers have grown more and I have RFA babies!

FlowerMama! What can I say?

That Vid and Music was dead on!

I try my best w/ the music given what I see the fish doing and what's on YouTube.

Looking great. What fun

Thanks. After disaster I've had the most fun pulling this tank together. And I sure appreciate the help of everyone that came together for me.

love all your fish! they are so active. i been wanting to add more fish to my tank and based on your video, i will be adding a longnose hawk and a royal gamma =).

Thankfully this royal gramma has been active. The one in Gertie's tank loved his hideaway. I really enjoy that they swim together, all over, it's what I think of when I think back to freshwater tanks that I had. I loved seeing all the fish out n' about. Definitely with an angel and tang and hawkfish you get it. And the hawkfish has been very personable from the start.

• Like 1

My longnose and starry blenny always perch next to each other and people watch. Hopefully yours will team up together. Do you hand feed any of your fish? My longnose will eat mysis from my hand.

• Like 2

I just throw the food in. Right now the kole tang is kinda showing himself off, kinda flashing next to him like going on his side towards him. But the starry hasn't done anything yet. My friends though have a orange spotted long goby or something that likes to sit with their hawfish.

The hawkfish is a big guy!!!! And seems to have a ton of personality!!! It's so nice to see open water swimmers. I'm so used to fish hiding or hanging out in a corner :). I love the RFA row too :wub:.

• Like 1

The hawkfish is a big guy!!!! And seems to have a ton of personality!!! It's so nice to see open water swimmers. I'm so used to fish hiding or hanging out in a corner :). I love the RFA row too :wub:.

Well....I just ordered a couple rfas tonight on my credit card. Same card that has to buy me a garbage disposal at Lowes tomorrow. I had to balance a not fun purchase with something fun. ;)

Looking good!

Try and get the hawkfish a girlfriend; you won't regret it! Mine always perched together.

Unfortunately, 5 fish is enough in this 40. But the Kole tang is trying to establish dominance, he's like doing that side sashay up to him. The hawkfish could care less. Kinda funny to watch. Hopefully this behavior will be over soon. He seems so sweet I don't want the Kole bothering the shit out of him. He just goes to perch on another rock, then has to move, again, and again. Poor thing, I'm sure it just wants to perch and not be a rock jumper.

• Like 3

Well....I just ordered a couple rfas tonight on my credit card. Same card that has to buy me a garbage disposal at Lowes tomorrow. I had to balance a not fun purchase with something fun. ;)

:happydance:

KPA or VIP?

I saw a bunch of RFAs this past weekend and thought of you!!!! They had some really nice ones. Didn't notice what they were asking for them, should have looked.

• Like 1

:happydance:

KPA or VIP?

I saw a bunch of RFAs this past weekend and thought of you!!!! They had some really nice ones. Didn't notice what they were asking for them, should have looked.

VIP. I didn't know KPA had any except white or green or red.

AWESOME

Thanks Harry, it's coming together since 4/1. I'm still looking for some things. My friends who started their fish & maintenance business from their garage are looking for a few things for me. I still really want a yellow fiji leather, a blue bubble coral and last will be some gorgs. I'd rather place those last as they're skinny and can be put anywhere.

• Like 2

VIP. I didn't know KPA had any except white or green or red.

Sounds like you got some fancies :). Yeah, theirs are run of the mill...but those can be nice too! I like the plain old white zebras more than the colorful.
  • Like 2

Beautiful pictures and video! I love that hawkfish :)

And I just realized I don't have a royal gramma on my list for the last fish to put in the 10g tank. Hmmmmm....

• Like 3

Sounds like you got some fancies :). Yeah, theirs are run of the mill...but those can be nice too! I like the plain old white zebras more than the colorful.

A rainbow I didn't have and a yellow one.

Beautiful pictures and video! I love that hawkfish :)

And I just realized I don't have a royal gramma on my list for the last fish to put in the 10g tank. Hmmmmm....

The royal gramma the last couple of days was running up against rock. Today I haven't seen it yet. No one else is rubbing.

I loved the video and pics. What a nice fat, healthy looking hawkfish. You have a very nice selection of fish.

Thank You. That hawkfish is hungry. He loves the herbivore frozen from Rod's and he just perches everywhere. The tang is getting a little thinner though I see him eat and he is doing that sashay your butt in the hawkfish's face. I'm thinking the tang may be stressed by the hawkfish even though he's as docile as a lamb. He's unphased by the tang. So I think it's the tangs doing that he's getting like that.

• Like 3

This is one of them. I love the the thin streaks of red. I envision those maybe getting a little wider as it enlarges. I just so missed my big yellow one I had before w/ the white tentacles. It gave me that pop of yellow that every tank needs. I forgot to take a pic of the other before it was taken down.

I'm just finding this one interesting. I see red, pink, orange, maybe purple in those splotches. So I am curious to see how it develops.

DSC_5477__31149.1473717228.1280.1280_zps

• Like 4

A rainbow I didn't have and a yellow one.

The royal gramma the last couple of days was running up against rock. Today I haven't seen it yet. No one else is rubbing.

Thank You. That hawkfish is hungry. He loves the herbivore frozen from Rod's and he just perches everywhere. The tang is getting a little thinner though I see him eat and he is doing that sashay your butt in the hawkfish's face. I'm thinking the tang may be stressed by the hawkfish even though he's as docile as a lamb. He's unphased by the tang. So I think it's the tangs doing that he's getting like that.

I love the way all hawkfish perch, i think that is one their charms. Hopefully the tang overcomes its paranoia and just settles down and relaxes.
  • Like 1

I love the way all hawkfish perch, i think that is one their charms. Hopefully the tang overcomes its paranoia and just settles down and relaxes.

Hope so too, he's skinnier than he should be. I showed the previous owner. He is eating, tomorrow when I come home I'll find some rubber bands and pin down some nori pieces to a few rocks in various places to help out. The hawkfish shows no signs of frustration while he gets pushed from perch to perch. Every day they're getting pellets, mysis or Rod's Herbivore frozen mix w/ 3 different types of seaweed.

• Like 2

Hope so too, he's skinnier than he should be. I showed the previous owner. He is eating, tomorrow when I come home I'll find some rubber bands and pin down some nori pieces to a few rocks in various places to help out. The hawkfish shows no signs of frustration while he gets pushed from perch to perch. Every day they're getting pellets, mysis or Rod's Herbivore frozen mix w/ 3 different types of seaweed.

It sounds like you are doing the right things and it will just be up to your tang at this point. I have fed herbivores frozen Emerald Entree and they seem to like that. Its another option you could try.

Well, I can only think he stressed himself to death over the week with the hawkfish. I came home and he had passed.

I got my 2 flowers. Instead, this time I put them on rocks. Pictures hopefully the next couple days once they've settled.

I guess I do have room for a radiated filefish but I'm going to give it a little while. Let the leathers grow a little so he has more to swim around.