Top Shelf Aquatics

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

I would probably just join local clubs, fish clubs, hiking clubs, biking clubs, ect. Whatever interests you. I'm not saying to go hit on men there lol... more just if you put yourself out there, maybe something will find you. Plus its fun.

• Like 3

I would probably just join local clubs, fish clubs, hiking clubs, biking clubs, ect. Whatever interests you. I'm not saying to go hit on men there lol... more just if you put yourself out there, maybe something will find you. Plus its fun.

^this. A great way to find friends who will be interested in you is to find friends that share similar interests. Of course the percentage of eligible partners is lower but like Tamberav said, it's fun anyway. Unless it's ski club. Then the percentage of eligible partners is very high. At least that's what I heard. Ahem...

^this. A great way to find friends who will be interested in you is to find friends that share similar interests. Of course the percentage of eligible partners is lower but like Tamberav said, it's fun anyway. Unless it's ski club. Then the percentage of eligible partners is very high. At least that's what I heard. Ahem...

Ha! I was in my high school ski club.

True all, get some weirdos & pervs but I also know 2 people who have found their significant others so win some/lose some and some you have no words for! And sometimes you just wanna/need to get to know more intimately.

And a couple pics of the pretty Cherub angel. I love the highlighted outline on them especially.

20160819_181751_zpsmnydtl5r.jpg

20160819_181758_zps2mbgxn5o.jpg

20160819_181248_zpskpu28zfb.jpg

• Like 7

Still my first 2 wks have been rather adventurous. I weeded out a perv foodie who right away wanted to bring me to his house because he wanted to make bouilabaise. One guy listed status as "living together" when he was married and having problems. Another I told didn't feel we were compatible after a phone conversation the day before and he made a threat so I called the police and they did nothing as it wasn't a big enough threat. The next day he called me mule dung. No wonder that one's having a hard time finding someone. Quite interesting so far. Some people I can tell by email are so needy you run in the opposite direction. I had a date Tues and he was the most normal so far.

Is perv foodie a thing???? Sounds interesting :lol:. At least he was trying to appeal to your love of fish :).

Such a pretty cherub :wub:.

Is perv foodie a thing???? Sounds interesting :lol:. At least he was trying to appeal to your love of fish :).

Such a pretty cherub :wub:.

He sounded arrogant in emails and and wanted me to come immediately to his little farm and stay over. One of those people that had like 1 post from a person on his FB page, the rest showed his farm animals and like no women. Had something to say when I mentioned I had eaten some graham crackers with milk. Implying that wasn't very "foodie" when I mentioned it's nice to have something simple like that. He wanted me to let him know early so he could rearrange his week. Just the more I heard in his emails the more I was not going there. He wrote his memoirs on dating women. No..I think not. Said he had enough for a 3rd book now. Um. No.

• Like 5

He sounded arrogant in emails and and wanted me to come immediately to his little farm and stay over. One of those people that had like 1 post from a person on his FB page, the rest showed his farm animals and like no women. Had something to say when I mentioned I had eaten some graham crackers with milk. Implying that wasn't very "foodie" when I mentioned it's nice to have something simple like that. He wanted me to let him know early so he could rearrange his week. Just the more I heard in his emails the more I was not going there. He wrote his memoirs on dating women. No..I think not. Said he had enough for a 3rd book now. Um. No.

Oh...gotchya. I thought he wanted to do perverted things with food but you meant he's a foodie that is a pervert :).
  • Like 3

Oh...gotchya. I thought he wanted to do perverted things with food but you meant he's a foodie that is a pervert :).

Yeah, I'm glad I clarified that!!!

• Like 2

I am careful and I also tell everyone if we're messaging on the site that I do have a tazer. And I go to a public place.

Tell them your big brother the Ranger is VERY protective of his little sister and might snap if something happened to you. ;)

Nix the yellow wrasse. If you get one, kiss your snails goodbye.

• Like 3

Tell them your big brother the Ranger is VERY protective of his little sister and might snap if something happened to you. ;)

Thank for the support!

I have few in there at this point. Maybe 3 or 4. What kind of snails do they like?

ANY snails, they're not picky. M's melanurus attacked the reef abalone so I moved it over to my 50. Some wrasses don't mess with anything, others are just little shits. I got a Philippine tusk in the last shipment and he was a gentile giant and I'd heard they would bite you and anything with a shell. Now he did like crunching his crab legs, but other than that he was cool. I was sorry to see him go, might order another one to keep for a while.

Thanks. I'll see first if she leaves them alone. If not I"ll give her back and get a credit with my friends. I'm sure they can sell her.

There used to be a transshipping broker in Asheville, I'll see if I can find Rob's contact info. I bought from him back in the 90s. I need to go through old paperwork from the shop and get rid of a bunch of stuff.

my friends who started a shop out of their garage are going to a wholesaler in NC this week so hopefully they'll bring back some fish for me

My melanurus would grab snails and smash them against the rock to break the shell to chow down. Was gruesome but interesting to watch the fish exhibiting its natural behavior. I had a yellow coris awhile back and it did not bother the snails but was a juvenile whereas the melanurus was a huge super male.

I really love your choice in fish. A wide range of beautiful shapes and colors.

• Like 1

My melanurus would grab snails and smash them against the rock to break the shell to chow down. Was gruesome but interesting to watch the fish exhibiting its natural behavior. I had a yellow coris awhile back and it did not bother the snails but was a juvenile whereas the melanurus was a huge super male.

I really love your choice in fish. A wide range of beautiful shapes and colors.

That's what I'm hoping for, a mix of colors w/ the wrasse and then the pattern for the kole tang and body of the starry blenny.

• Like 1
SquishyFishy

Wow, I didn't realize my yellow wrasse Nanner was eating my snails, now the disappearance makes sense! I don't much like Nanner anyways, have always wanted to get rid of him. But it'll take a super effort to catch the little devil. Would love to replace him with a Black Cap Basslet, my lfs has a beauty! Maybe I'll just leave the top off the tank and wait for him to jump....I know evil.

• Like 1
SquishyFishy

Annette, the dating thing worries me. My best friend married a man she met through one the most well known sites and I used to site them as an example that the process works.....now...not so much.

It finally surfaced that she is pretty much emotionally and verbally abused, he turned out to be somewhat of a tyrant, but after 4 marriages my friend is very reluctant to leave him. She is not the problem, she just usually picks men who end up using her to take care of them. In this case, they started off pretty financially stable, but now due to some very poor choices, they have lost nearly everything they had, Sticky situation...there are no guarantees anyways I guess but please BE CAREFUL!

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realize my yellow wrasse Nanner was eating my snails, now the disappearance makes sense! I don't much like Nanner anyways, have always wanted to get rid of him. But it'll take a super effort to catch the little devil. Would love to replace him with a Black Cap Basslet, my lfs has a beauty! Maybe I'll just leave the top off the tank and wait for him to jump....I know evil.

You can make a simple tube trap or chase him up out of the sand after dark. Wrasses are easy peazy to catch.

Annette, the dating thing worries me. My best friend married a man she met through one the most well known sites and I used to site them as an example that the process works.....now...not so much.

It finally surfaced that she is pretty much emotionally and verbally abused, he turned out to be somewhat of a tyrant, but after 4 marriages my friend is very reluctant to leave him. She is not the problem, she just usually picks men who end up using her to take care of them. In this case, they started off pretty financially stable, but now due to some very poor choices, they have lost nearly everything they had, Sticky situation...there are no guarantees anyways I guess but please BE CAREFUL!

Your friend needs to see a shrink and get her shit sorted out. We had a friend like that and even after I stomped her then boyfriends ass but good, she continued dating him until he hit her a second time. Then I hit him about 50 times, that shit doesn't fly with me. After she saw the doc for about 6 months she got herself sorted out and found a great guy. I agree, be VERY careful out there.

• Like 3
Kellie in CA

I did the online thing for a couple of years. It honestly is a lot of work to find good people, but they are out there. I eventually created a system for weeding through all the ones who were married or just looking for one night stands. I really limited the amount of time I spent talking to them before meeting, because honestly all the phone calls and texts are a waste of time and just build up too much pressure for it to work when you meet and things get awkward. I would usually just offer to meet for a quick coffee or a drink and then call it a night. If you like each other, great, you can set up another time to get together. If not, no biggie!

I actually met my boyfriend online and we now have a beautiful 1 1/2 year old daughter. So it CAN work out.

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm being careful certainly. It's not something I even look at daily. And if all they can say is "Hi There" or "Hey Sexy" then they're off the table anyway. If you can't say a few sentences after reading someone's profile or have some questions...you're really not that interested in knowing someone.

How's the chalice doing? pic?

• Like 2

Just make sure you have a nice dark cave for the Black Cap, they come from deeper water and bright lights WILL blind them. I've had 6 or so over the years, damn nice fish.

Still my first 2 wks have been rather adventurous. I weeded out a perv foodie who right away wanted to bring me to his house because he wanted to make bouilabaise. One guy listed status as "living together" when he was married and having problems. Another I told didn't feel we were compatible after a phone conversation the day before and he made a threat so I called the police and they did nothing as it wasn't a big enough threat. The next day he called me mule dung. No wonder that one's having a hard time finding someone. Quite interesting so far. Some people I can tell by email are so needy you run in the opposite direction. I had a date Tues and he was the most normal so far.

I met Jeff on match.com - 14 years ago :) I had met up with a bunch of nice people and then a bunch of creepers, almost called it quits then met Jeff! you never know what's going to happen!

• Like 3

I met Jeff on match.com - 14 years ago :) I had met up with a bunch of nice people and then a bunch of creepers, almost called it quits then met Jeff! you never know what's going to happen!

I'm going to do eHarmony or Match next. Creepers everywhere for sure! I'll even pay for a a few mos at this point, try to get a better group.

Oh, and lots of changes. You know in May was this picture when I cut my hair. Lighting wasn't the best in the 2nd pic I took a few moments ago.

20160530_162910_zpswnnkmgje.jpg

And this today. It's not all around my head, it's still mixed brown/grey everywhere else on my head. I'll have to do it all spiky sometime!

20160825_175146_zpstzv5fqfs.jpg

Oh, Shortly I'll be going to pick up my 2 fish! They are still being driven back from GA and FL as we speak. I'll be able to pick them up right away in their own bags and float them in my tank. They were just picked out of the tanks today. So It will be the Starry Blenny and a wrasse. I chose no on the Yellow Coris due to size and that it would've eaten too many snails. Hoping w/ this one it won't happen as it should only be 3-3.5" max.

• Like 6