Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Of course might it be too bright? they've only had 1 full day in my tank so far. I don't know how to change anything yet manually. I'm not very techy.

• Like 1

Thank You Teenyreef! She's huge and pretty! She will have many friends!!!! I also have a video coming up but for some reason it's not saving the music.

20160422_173824_zpsoeoscq8l.jpg
20160422_175738_zpsprpwtgcf.jpg
20160422_180431_zpsp7bxa6bz.jpg
20160422_205350_zpsfnxnzfvj.jpg
  • Like 8

You're welcome! I'm so glad she made the trip without any problems. And I'm even more glad she's not in my tank, engaged in the "no coral shall go unstung" campaign. I think of her as the Big Green Coral Stinging Machine :lol:

She'll be MUCH happier with a good FlowerMama :)

• Like 7

My setting was too high. Came home to some diatoms. I'm changing to a different location tomorrow. May put back to default.

But here's the video, in white, barely blue...just gotta learn.

• Like 3

I was helping another member in relation to their nem not eating, when It just dawned on me that the electrocution happened 3 MONTHS AGO.

And I got all teary and sniffly. And Prince yesterday, and Gena's dog, my friend's step-dad & uncle 2 wks apart last month in freak accidents, and WTF, you look at everyone you know, and EVERY single person I know these last 2 yrs has had job, home or family losses and unusual illnesses, and the craziness of politics, and overflowing corporate greed, and our weather not what it should be, and I tell you what......how much more can any of us handle????? I don't know anyone that's not on anti-anxiety or anti-depressant meds. I know we're all trying to get by and THIS is what this hobby does, keeps me happily distracted the moment I walk through the door. :wub:

Not to be a downer, but is anyone else feeling just as freaked out as me??? It doesn't help that I haven't been eating right, aren't exercising, have financial debt, getting about 4 hrs asleep nightly, I still haven't eaten dinner, and .....I miss my husband, and I can't do a damn thing about that either. And I don't need to be thinking about all this shit at 12:52 am. AND...I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow cuz it's Saturday and I can relax for 2 days.

And hell yeah, I pray for our sanity and know that I can feel focused here. THANK YOU NR!!!!

• Like 5

AND THIS IS WHY HOBBIES ARE IMPORTANT! My mother never had a hobby. You don't have the privilege in communist Poland back then to even know what that would be. She cried with me on the phone when I read her what you all had done. She finally understood that even people far away, that you've never met, can be so supportive. That we share a bond here. And yeah, I have friends here in NC. Just wanted you to know. :grouphug:

• Like 7

I'm sorry for all of your sorrows, and happy that you can find some comfort in the things and people that you surround yourself with(tanks NR peeps and all that touches your heart one way or another). I get it. Sometimes life just sucks, but if we can find just a little joy from something simple, than we can continue to grow and live. Kudos to you for recognizing where you find joy and utilizing it.

• Like 4
StinkyBunny

AND THIS IS WHY HOBBIES ARE IMPORTANT! My mother never had a hobby. You don't have the privilege in communist Poland back then to even know what that would be. She cried with me on the phone when I read her what you all had done. She finally understood that even people far away, that you've never met, can be so supportive. That we share a bond here. And yeah, I have friends here in NC. Just wanted you to know. :grouphug:

We Americans are a generous lot. We're usually the first ones to lend a hand when the chips are down or to kick your ass if you step out of line, just ask the Kaiser and Adolf.

My great great grandmother wrote something that helps me through tough times.

"Grandfather, the path you have chosen for me is hard, but I will see it through. For I know the soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears."

Margret Running Crane

• Like 7

20160423_164239_zpsax3shmm0.jpg

20160423_202650_zps1t3qfcap.jpg

My toadstool is going through his first skin molt but the devils hand is done. Yuck. Diatoms left and then came back.

• Like 6

been a while since i've been on, tank's coming along very nicely. Looking great! glad to see some the sponges survived. Nems are freaking sweet!

• Like 1

OMG that nem from Teeny IS A MONTSTER!!! So big!!

I know, I also had the wrong idea in my head. It goes to show that without perspective, it's hard to guess!!!! Now looking back, mine used to be that big.

• Like 2

been a while since i've been on, tank's coming along very nicely. Looking great! glad to see some the sponges survived. Nems are freaking sweet!

Thank You. It's been a work in progress. Researching and learning about leathers, getting some here n' there & keeping them hostage in Gertie's tank, then the 10 from VIPReef, and Teenyreef's LARGE nem which I love, and the pipe organ from the 10. Next week I'll put in the rock of grandis paly from the 20. Diatoms left and came back. And I also have a previous NR member who is sending me her nem w/in the month as she's taking down a tank.

Just call it Momma! :lol:

Or BIG BROTHER, we don't know the gender but I'm guessing female as he hadn't seen it spawn. Hopefully soon I can make a confirmation.

• Like 4

The acros in my tank just called her "Terminator". Or "Ma'am". :lol:

Well, she's here now. We'll see if she behaves and keeps to herself or corrupts the male youth.

• Like 3

I was just looking at "Got Corals" Website, Shar is really starting to take more interest in Corals and picking stuff out.

I Showed her a pic of a RFA, she said it was pretty, But I explained that it wasn't wise to have RFAs and BTAs as if they wander to close to each-other, the BTA would win a fight. We have a RBTA.

I have a RBTA that split(so now 2 of them), and a RFA in a 6g, never had any issues with them moving close to each other and stinging, the RFA moved around at first to find a spot in the stand, and the RBTAs are up on a rock.

93367119-C9D6-4AFC-B1FA-66A87A6D854A_zps

I was just looking at "Got Corals" Website, Shar is really starting to take more interest in Corals and picking stuff out.

I Showed her a pic of a RFA, she said it was pretty, But I explained that it wasn't wise to have RFAs and BTAs as if they wander to close to each-other, the BTA would win a fight. We have a RBTA.

I have a RBTA that split(so now 2 of them), and a RFA in a 6g, never had any issues with them moving close to each other and stinging, the RFA moved around at first to find a spot in the stand, and the RBTAs are up on a rock.

93367119-C9D6-4AFC-B1FA-66A87A6D854A_zps

• Like 2