Coral Vue Hydros

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

StinkyBunny

You're going to get intermittent clouding because of die off in the rock love, don't worry about it. Keep the skimmer cranking and do a water change in a week or so. A word of caution about the skimmer if you haven't figured it out yet. It's gonna smell HORRIFIC, I mean the nastiest smell under the sun. I would recommend flushing the toilet, when it's rolling, dump it in, otherwise your house is gonna smell like rotting sponge.

• Like 3

Cant wait to see it stocked! Hope you are enjoying the light!

Ha, I just sent you an email. I'm needing your help if I may.

*PICS* We want PICS!!! :wub: B) :P

Working on scape, no pics yet!!

• Like 1

You're going to get intermittent clouding because of die off in the rock love, don't worry about it. Keep the skimmer cranking and do a water change in a week or so. A word of caution about the skimmer if you haven't figured it out yet. It's gonna smell HORRIFIC, I mean the nastiest smell under the sun. I would recommend flushing the toilet, when it's rolling, dump it in, otherwise your house is gonna smell like rotting sponge.

Yeah, my first 10 days smelled nasty, happy I got past that stage!!! I can breathe again.

Just got home, it's change into shorts, eat dinner, take some more rocks out of Gertie's tank. I need more substance underneath for my scape. I am leaving the skeleton of the dead gorg in there, maybe it'll come back. If not it still makes it look natural.

• Like 3

Yeah, my first 10 days smelled nasty, happy I got past that stage!!! I can breathe again.

Or U Became "Nose Blind" to it!! :P lol! :rolleyes::oB)

• Like 1

Look at the rose coral! Has tentacles now & filling in more & more.

20160419_201250_zpsg69ku2co.jpg

Some pics before I do my water change. There are still some rocks I'm not keen about but I'll have to work on it.

20160419_194415_zpsmoigcxhn.jpg

20160419_194420_zpsiquhlqri.jpg

20160419_194430_zpsauiraand.jpg

20160419_194440_zpsth8lya6f.jpg

• Like 8
Snow_Phoenix

If you can find them, get about 2 to 3 electric blue legged hermit crabs. They'll finish off all that microalgae in no time. You can return them to the store or pass them on if you don't feel comfortable keeping them. Halloween hermits are alright as well, but they tend to be less active.

• Like 2

I'll have to think about that, might not be a bad idea. I know this was just a bloom and some of it will go away on its own too for lack of nutrients.

• Like 2

Damn, had something 3/4 decent & then I decided to try this here instead and put that there and flip it over and now its all shades of screwed up. :angry: And I have to finish it. Good thing I'm not tired right now. I have a long way to go.

• Like 5

Ha! Please hold. Your comments are important to me. I'll be with your shortly. Your hold time while we're experiencing landscaping difficulties is....I'm sorry, there is no eta.

• Like 7

Put 2 c of carbon in the Aquaclear70 filter and some floss. Going to bed. Maybe I'll like it better when I wake up in the morning. I can't even replicate the pics I put up. :wacko:

• Like 2

Ha! Please hold. Your comments are important to me. I'll be with your shortly. Your hold time while we're experiencing landscaping difficulties is....I'm sorry, there is no eta.

:lol:

I've never had any luck keeping the red leg hermit crabs. M and I both have a pair of blue legs that we've had for 4 years.

I've got one small blue leg and he's been a model citizen, mowing down the microalgae and leaving everything else alone.

• Like 4

omgomgomg I cried again. Feeling really blessed. And I've adopted Teenyreef's nem, it's in the mail!!

20160420_184345_zpsbpxn90fg.jpg

20160420_183829_zpsfwerjfaq.jpg

This! Mostly with whites on. Never have I seen one with subtle colors of purples, green, blue.. :bowdown: Kudos to the ocean for making this jewel.

20160420_184056_zpsxlfagwni.jpg

20160420_184254_zps8md2abjr.jpg

20160420_184318_zpshx5awez8.jpg

Viewed eye level.

20160420_202054_zpsmfukv4ff.jpg

Viewed top down- it's grey, it's the weirdest, most awesome thing ever.

20160420_202751_zpsufqalfeh.jpg

So...should I add in the leathers also tonight???

• Like 10
My tiny reef

I really like your scape...it has depth and interest and still leaves a lot of sand bed for the RFAs. And am I counting 12-13 new RFAS?!!!?? i'm so happy for you, but also a little jealous!! ? I love the grey one you highlighted, very unique!

• Like 3

I really like your scape...it has depth and interest and still leaves a lot of sand bed for the RFAs. And am I counting 12-13 new RFAS?!!!?? i'm so happy for you, but also a little jealous!! I love the grey one you highlighted, very unique!

Yes, 13, soon to be 14. I couldn't have done it without this group's generosity. It'll have rfas, softies, leathers, gorgs & macro.

• Like 5

Found out I can't turn the light off for the night or put the leathers in yet . The nems weren't ready yet and when the light went out they pulled themselves up, some into balls. I'm like, NOOO. I can't turn the pump on low as it'd be tumbleweed season and leathers need flow. So light back on, flow off, and I just want them to attach to the tank bottom. It's only 3/4 - an inch of sand right there. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

They can climb on the rocks later after I've set the leathers in.

• Like 4

I just put some substrate on top of some of the nems that prefer to pop back up. Have it on the lowest setting and directed straight through the water instead of facing up to help it fizzle out some.