Top Shelf Aquatics

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Ok here is a better pic IMG_1792.jpg

and a green one IMG_1818.jpg

Yep! I wonder if that one is going to be light green or yellow. Exciting to find out as it morphs.

• Like 1
So I have a dilemma, because I like both blennies and I have some time of course still. I'm going to let everything stabilize first.

If I do a Starry Blenny then I'd like to get another fish from the same Cebu region, perhaps a Flame Angel. And some kind of wrasse.

Borrowing Felicia's wonderful pic.

FeliciasStarry_zpsfu2wfltt.jpg

th-66271-Flame-Tahiti_zpse0tboiuo.jpg

The other part of me says stick to Caribbean as these are rock flower anemones and go with the Horsefaced Blenny, a Pygmy Angel and a Royal Gramma perhaps. Does the pygmy really need to be fed 3x daily says Live Aquaria? I guess I could get in the am, then right after work and bedtime.

My royal gramma was the only fish in with Gertie and while she wasn't afraid of Gertie at all, I walk by everyday like I did for 2 yrs and she'd hide. The other thought was a that Black Cap Purple basslet, but it says semi- aggressive but it says that with they pygmy angel also.

th-90038-horseface-blenny_zps5gs4wnlg.jp

th-66609-Pygmy-Cherub_zpsktn9jh8p.jpg

royal%20gramma_zpsobomkydc.jpg or

I love those royal blue chromis but seems like they always have that hierarchical thing and they kill themselves off so that's a no.

I just want the fish to look nice together and get along as best they can.

Is mixing regions a bad idea?

Doing a Starry from Cebu with Caribbean fish?

• Like 1

Awesome, I didn't even do a water change yet today and nitrate at 10 from 20 for the last 2 days or so.

I can't tell if it's a 10 or 5 but it's still really exciting to me. I have about 21 snails and a hermit working on the algae in the tank.

20160417_142034_zpsvgogh8ro.jpg

• Like 5

That's awesome FM! So glad that U will be rocking the joint soon with ur beauties!

Thanks. Me too I couldn't be more excited to get everything in this tank. And it's a beautiful day here, 71, supposed to be 73 and I need to hit up the grocery store.

• Like 1

I was just looking at "Got Corals" Website, Shar is really starting to take more interest in Corals and picking stuff out.

I Showed her a pic of a RFA, she said it was pretty, But I explained that it wasn't wise to have RFAs and BTAs as if they wander to close to each-other, the BTA would win a fight. We have a RBTA.

StinkyBunny

Flame angels don't come from Cebu, they come from The Marshall Islands. We had a Starry with a Royal gramma with no issues. My Royal Grammas don't bother much of anything but other Royal Grammas.

Flame angels don't come from Cebu, they come from The Marshall Islands. We had a Starry with a Royal gramma with no issues. My Royal Grammas don't bother much of anything but other Royal Grammas.

It appears they're coming from several places from Live Aquaria: Origin: Cebu, Christmas Island, Marshall Islands, Vanuat

My royal gramma was so shy, would hide when I walk in the room. I had it for 2 yrs and her hiding location was an inch or 2 away from my mantis burrow. Thanks, I didn't know if it was ok to mix like that.

Ya know, when I look at Fish, like from Live Aquaria, I look at their "Temperament" They also have, albeit hard to read, compatibility chart.

Our RG and Percula Clown interact all day, no aggression. If the Clown ventures to close to the Jaw Fish's "Lair" the Jaw fish will defend it's home turf :DB):P

• Like 1

Ya know, when I look at Fish, like from Live Aquaria, I look at their "Temperament" They also have, albeit hard to read, compatibility chart.

Our RG and Percula Clown interact all day, no aggression. If the Clown ventures to close to the Jaw Fish's "Lair" the Jaw fish will defend it's home turf :DB):P

See, I was also considering jaw fish too. Are basslets more mean? They look more intimidating.

DAMN! That is an Eye Catching Beauty! Like my RG and Perc Clown, it is listed as "Semi-Aggressive". Even with that said, I would pull the trigger on it :) And keep an open eye on things.

I know, isn't it? it says subdued lighting, I just don't want it hiding all the time. It's gorgeous though and since I've already had a gramma before I was thinking something else. Just saw a video, very shy, guy was saying its hard to get him on video because he hides so much. I'm not gonna pay that much for a fish that hides. Might as well pay for royal gramma, 2/3 less.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

In 20 years of transshipping, I've never seen a Flame angel come out of Cebu nor have I seen them on an availability from there. I'm not saying they couldn't stray there, but I've never seen it. Sometimes I think LA just copies info and doesn't edit out the last locations correctly. Right now, if you have a Flame angel, it came out of The Marshall Islands.

Black cap basslets are about the same as Royal Grammas except 3x the price, lol.

• Like 2

Ur still going to aquascape the tank? If so, u could always have some overhangs for it to use? That would be cool. B)

Yeah, I just put the rocks in there spread out for cycling. I still have to scape. I wanted the algae to get eaten up some before I do.

In 20 years of transshipping, I've never seen a Flame angel come out of Cebu nor have I seen them on an availability from there. I'm not saying they couldn't stray there, but I've never seen it. Sometimes I think LA just copies info and doesn't edit out the last locations correctly. Right now, if you have a Flame angel, it came out of The Marshall Islands.

Black cap basslets are about the same as Royal Grammas except 3x the price, lol.

Thanks. I wish they'd get their facts straight. Thanks confirming about the black cap too. So I was thinking. Then I'll go with royal gramma. I believe I've decided then. Starry Blenny, Pygmy Angelfish, Royal Gramma. Maybe later a pair of Jawfish.

• Like 3

Which jawfish? I REALLY need to do a Haiti order soon. All of those fish are available out of there, the black cap, jawfish and Royal Grammas

I Know ur askin' FM about the Fish, but, I like our Pearly Jaw Fish. Quite a character.

I use those for picture reference but I'll be going through a friend here that's in the beginning stage of their tank maintenance and supply shop for the Carbbean fish.

Question though, is it ok to get the top 3 and later get the jawfish? or vice versa, get jawfish first established and then the others?

Also very grumpy and it seems to be hit or miss who they tolerate. If my little yellow tang wasn't so spunky he would have killed it. Mine BCB is 2 years old so maybe it's an age thing??

They do look grumpy, mean. I decided against it after all.

• Like 1

They do look grumpy, mean. I decided against it after all.

Well, they are a sexy fish. Maybe just an order added thing. Him, a tailspot Blenny, and a little pygmy wrasse are my most fun fish combination. Oh, also likes the taste of shrimp, apparently.

uhQXrdP.jpg

• Like 2