Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Scape looks great. Tank is so clear. And your Nems are really something special. I'll have to give VIP some business when I'm ready for more RFA's

I'll have to take some more pics once they're settled, hopefully tomorrow. I love his nems and he has divers that go out. I've seen a cool Go Pro video he had.

Love this purple mouth.

20160420_184024_zpsdijgn5wp.jpg

20160420_184037_zpss82vuc0i.jpg

20160420_212445_zpsyjfdpc2c.jpg

20160420_212451_zpsbzmdmuf0.jpg

Scape looks great. Tank is so clear. And your Nems are really something special. I'll have to give VIP some business when I'm ready for more RFA's

Definitely do. And, he gave me 3 clove polyps. A freebie with freebies and he overnighted them to me. I can't tell you how good it feels to sit 2 -3 ft from this tank. I'm really enjoying this. I missed my nems when they were in the 60g shallow in the basement.

Algae is doing better. I didn't have the lights on today while I was at work today or yesterday.

• Like 5

I've never taken such nice pics yet of nems in a white mode. Love this photo mode! I'll probably change that mode a touch and add a little blue later but it was fun to tweak and see the differences of what was happening when I was changing it up to create it for myself. My phone makes it more difficult though, it doesn't give me sliderules, it gives me a plus and minus, that's all.

Right now it's

Royal Blue 20%

Warm White/Lime 60%

Warm White/Lime 60%

Violet 20%

Blue/Cyan 30%

• Like 1

You win. Love the scape.

Shoot, it'll probably change it up a little depending on leather placement and fish. The first one I made was too symmetrical. Then I made this one here and then finally settled on the last one, when it's too late already and you're flustered.

This was the 2nd option.

20160419_070943_zpsaa9dwsbd.jpg

You guys like the skeleton of the gorg in there? I wanted to add interest but also hope it comes back, if not maybe coralline will grow on it and it'll still be a unique purple gorg!

• Like 3

Shoot, it'll probably change it up a little depending on leather placement and fish. The first one I made was too symmetrical. Then I made this one here and then finally settled on the last one, when it's too late already and you're flustered.

This was the 2nd option.

20160419_070943_zpsaa9dwsbd.jpg

You guys like the skeleton of the gorg in there? I wanted to add interest but also hope it comes back, if not maybe coralline will grow on it and it'll still be a unique purple gorg!

I love it! The gorg skeleton makes for a great focal point and its position helps tie the scape together. It pulls the eyes vertically and adds some flair, in my opinion. :) The 'scape reminds of Amano-style freshwater planted tanks.

• Like 2

I love it! The gorg skeleton makes for a great focal point and its position helps tie the scape together. It pulls the eyes vertically and adds some flair, in my opinion. :) The 'scape reminds of Amano-style freshwater planted tanks.

Thanks. I thought it needed more dimension and someone else posted their coldwater tank reminiscent of Amano and I liked it. It started because the nems only need .5-1" on the bottom so I thought I'd slope it up for more interest. It really would have been better for me to build it up w/ some rock underneath, then put substrate on top. I wanted to make some cave features. It ended up having about 5 holes in the rock work for some flow or a small fish to go through. Now, if something digs out the substrate I may have a falling scape somewhere. I will be getting some crushed coral/shell bits to use too.

• Like 1

Wow, they look fantastic! And I agree, the scape is really nice and the gorg skeleton anchors it very well :wub:

Hopefully Big Green will survive the trip. She'll make a nice contrast with the others, and hopefully she'll stay put for you!

• Like 1

Wow, they look fantastic! And I agree, the scape is really nice and the gorg skeleton anchors it very well :wub:

Hopefully Big Green will survive the trip. She'll make a nice contrast with the others, and hopefully she'll stay put for you!

They can go anywhere they want really. I won't have anything that will sting it. No brains to fall into if it gets loose!

Here's the pic of the one nem again. I just love it.

20160420_184056_zpsxlfagwni.jpg

• Like 2

I put the skimmer on for a day and put 2 c of carbon in the mesh bag in the Aqua Clear 70. I hope to be able to keep it this clear. I'm going to be religious about changing the carbon and never going more than 2 wks without a water change. From last August onward I was so busy with house plans. Not having a refugium I really have to rely on the water changing, the carbon & floss, macros and my skimmer. Sensible feeding of the nems. I know I just changed out 12 g on Tues night but I'll be doing another change on Sunday, considering I just put in 13-14 nems, 6 leathers, 1 xenia, 1 branching gsp and a green macro.

Don't know yet if they're permanent spots but since the nems behaved and finally settled, around 12:30am I put the leathers in. I'm glad I started collecting some when I did keeping them in Gert's tank. I'm hoping tomorrow to be able to turn up the flow a teensy bit more.

20160421_000913_zpsgm14jona.jpg

20160421_000928_zpsrp4qa22c.jpg

I'll probably just put the Xenia on it's own stand-alone rock like I did the gsp in Gert's tank. I just have no room for that beautiful rock in here like I thought I might.

20160421_000946_zpsbbipvybo.jpg

20160421_001036_zpsn9c2xkgw.jpg

I put the branching gsp on the left side but now I realize the best place for it might be right under the gorg!!!

And this, so glad it made it. I love this yellow sponge.

20160421_001124_zpssd2lhmev.jpg

I also have a red sponge underneath below front with the rock that has the rose coral.

20160420_201822_zps4gosamr3.jpg

• Like 6
Mr. Microscope

Here's the pic of the one nem again. I just love it.

My word! I really like the white on that nem. Such a pretty opaque marshmellowy yummyness!
  • Like 3

too bad you weren't canada side, I'd let you adopt my Rockflower. She's pretty and boy was she sticky the other night, I was using a pipette to drop some noms onto her and she stuck fast to the tube, she would not let go.

• Like 1

Really pretty nems!!

Thank You. I still plan on buying more. I'm sure I'll have less than before due to space limitations but I'd at least like to have 30. 16 more to go!!!

• Like 1

My word! I really like the white on that nem. Such a pretty opaque marshmellowy yummyness!

What happened was this. I was zoomed in on something else, moved my cell phone over and I wasn't sure what I was seeing honestly. I've never seen such a nem like this that looks glorious in whites and then just brown under blues but looks grey from above. I told Frank I was in love. And I love your description. I can't see what it looks like once it's had some mysis and grows. And the pimples! Love the brown/gold pimples! I'm going to feed each a piece of mysis tomorrow and do a water change on Sunday.

too bad you weren't canada side, I'd let you adopt my Rockflower. She's pretty and boy was she sticky the other night, I was using a pipette to drop some noms onto her and she stuck fast to the tube, she would not let go.

Yeah, I'd adopt it probably.

• Like 2

The tank is looking GREAT! I love the scape and those nems :wub: that green one with the purple mouth is beautiful and your sea gem one is so pretty and unique. This is going to be so much fun to follow.

Love the gorg skeleton too!

• Like 1

Damn nice job!! I always loved getting fresh rock out of Florida, so much life on those rocks.

Even though I certainly had die off you can see it earlier on in this thread just the bright colors. I'm finding little bits of yellow sponge, black sponge, red sponge, love the sponges. And this evening so far I noticed more baby green halimeda and also little feather dusters that are peaking out. And then there are those spots under the rock where you can see substrate was moved away, you just don't know what did the moving. I can't wait to see what kind of pod explosion I may have.

I'm just so pleased with how it's turning out. I won't need much more as far as leathers go. I want room for the ones I have to grow, a couple more to be coming in the mail down the line. I'm even just excited about these cock combs. Now that algae left I see the same shape of the comb.

awesome nems! i picked one out with an orange mouth just because of the orange mouth, similar to your purpple mouth one.

I love details and you love each one for different reasons.

Love it Annette!!!! I'm gonna have to get some of those, but dang, I need a bigger tank!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Squishy. I hope I'm giving it the natural look I wanted. I'd love to be shrunk down like the Incredible Shrinking Man and walk around my reef.

• Like 3

The tank is looking GREAT! I love the scape and those nems :wub: that green one with the purple mouth is beautiful and your sea gem one is so pretty and unique. This is going to be so much fun to follow.

Love the gorg skeleton too!

Wonderful. I'm glad I included it. I put the branching gsp below it, we'll see what happens.

20160421_191716_zps9deuxchd.jpg

20160421_191558_zps8xckfq0i.jpg

• Like 3

I did wake up this morning to find the smallest nem, a green one, in the back of the tank, the flow had brung it around to left side back..I'm thinking of maybe using a piece of clear acrylic and put if vertically like a right angle to the back wall so it can't fall back far and the wall can catch it, then I can just lift it and move it to the front. I think it's a pretty good idea. I think I'm out of glass of any kind.

I just remembered, I need to take out the white pipe organ from from Nameless & Shameless. I'll wait a little bit on moving the red serpent star and harlequin stripe star. Oh, and I'll wait also a little on the pin cushions as well. Unless you guys think I should put them in now. They're doing so well. Are noticeably larger.

• Like 1