ReefCleaners.org

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

I haven't seen any yet but I did see them in my 8g back when.

Yeah, I'm going to to an lfs tomorrow out of town and am going to ask for some. For now I have maybe 5 snails I can take out of Gertie's tank and a couple from the 10g. They're big ones, just can't remember what they're called. It's not to soon to put them in if I'm at 20 on nitrates? Or should I put them in after one more water change? I probably won't do another until Sun or Mon night since I did one today, but even if I get some snails I can put them in Gert's tank for the moment.

U should be fine with Nitrates like that. Our Tank had a Nitrates above 40 and below 80, closer to 80 the other day. Did a 9 gal water change. U have no Nitrites and no Ammonia, so, I would toss them in. Maybe they'll help plow some Diatoms out as well.

Well I'm gonna grab some and see what work they do overnight and through the day when I come home from this nearby roadtrip. Helping a friend pick up a car she may buy and the lfs is 1.2 miles away.

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan. I honestly believe ur Snails will be fine :) And, don't forget to get some RFAs ;) or at least get something from the lfs for ur Tank(s) ;) for ur efforts ;)

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan. I honestly believe ur Snails will be fine :) And, don't forget to get some RFAs ;) or at least get something from the lfs for ur Tank(s) ;) for ur efforts ;)

The RFAs are covered ;)

• Like 2

The RFAs are covered ;)

lol! I Know, I have been following a few threads :) It's awesome that somebody (Forgot who) are generously donating some RFAs :)

I was trying to make a funny :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I have 3 in the 10g waiting to go in, I have 7 leathers in Gertie's tank ready to go in. And the kindness of Frank at VIPReefs who's donating 10 rfas. I'll email him tomorrow and let him know my tank is ready.

• Like 2

I got 16 snails at the lfs, $22 but I'll still probably make an order for more online because I borrowed the other 8 snails from Gertie's tank and the 10g. So, hope they do some good work for me. Then I can move some back later.

Nitrates wont hurt them at all but they have to be "Turbo snails" (preferably Mexican) to really clean up hair type algae and even bryopsis. I can't speak for other species.

BTW, on my last tank I had a frag of Zoas that was covered in green hair algae and this Turbo drove right over the top of it and perched on it for about a half hour. I thought the Zoas were goners and it was killing them. checked back the next morning and the Zoas were great looking with not a trace of the algae on their plug.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have 3 in the 10g waiting to go in, I have 7 leathers in Gertie's tank ready to go in. And the kindness of Frank at VIPReefs who's donating 10 rfas. I'll email him tomorrow and let him know my tank is ready.

omgomgomg

We've all been waiting a long time for that order to get placed :D

I'm so happy things are going well!

• Like 4

omgomgomg

We've all been waiting a long time for that order to get placed :D

I'm so happy things are going well!

So strange, when I opened those 3 that I did purchase from him, I wanted to say thank you some how for his charity, also bought a pump, it felt like an old friend when I saw the nems. Just the comfort/joy from seeing them.

I pointed out a few I like but otherwise told him it's his pick. I'm not gonna be picky, I'm just grateful, unless he comes back and says pick the ones you want. I'm so thrilled for everyone who's enjoying their nems and their newfound babies. Soon I can say I'll be there too.

• Like 4

Today- it's the clearest I've seen it. I've not been running a skimmer or any carbon yet. I need to find some old pantyhose to house some carbon for the AC70. I'm hoping that and my skimmer will be enough, along with some macros to help keep it clean enough. I found a little orange speck of a sponge I think. Picture didn't turn out.

20160416_231024_zpsoqvtcasw.jpg

20160416_231032_zpsxeys0oxe.jpg

20160416_231037_zpsjyfa2jrx.jpg

20160416_231045_zpszejewn5w.jpg

Is this a mexican turbo?

20160416_231000_zpsngn4ylvm.jpg

i don't know what was making the crackling noise.

• Like 4

Nice and Clean! So Sweet!

Don't know if it a Mexican Turbo or not...I can say this...It does look like a Snail :DB)

Good God! ha ha. I just showed the lady my pics and said, I need snails. She said she'd give me a mix. I didn't specify at the time cuz I don't know my snails really well, esp since some look like they all have turbans, etc. And I'm happy that she gave me no ceriths because they just end up looking like turds in the tank and mine never did much that I saw in my other tank. Later I'll get some nassarius. You know what I am looking forward to??? A simple little pleasure. Colonista snails. Love those guys.

So strange, when I opened those 3 that I did purchase from him, I wanted to say thank you some how for his charity, also bought a pump, it felt like an old friend when I saw the nems. Just the comfort/joy from seeing them.

I pointed out a few I like but otherwise told him it's his pick. I'm not gonna be picky, I'm just grateful, unless he comes back and says pick the ones you want. I'm so thrilled for everyone who's enjoying their nems and their newfound babies. Soon I can say I'll be there too.

You will have nem babies soon enough ;) I am surprised to see what pops up in my tank everyday.......I have some that are teenagers now.....

• Like 2

You will have nem babies soon enough ;) I am surprised to see what pops up in my tank everyday.......I have some that are teenagers now.....

That's wonderful Spectra. Aren't you just amazed by it all? I really am. I'm happy that i've always been a person that just appreciates nature and I'm just blown away by their beauty. Everything else has to be cut, and heal, which certainly is awesome too in its own right, the generative nature is incredible, but when you have spawning in your tank...guess I like the unexpected surprise by the process at every turn. You don't now when he's gonna spawn, when she will, when, when, when, surprise!!!

• Like 3
HarryPotter

That's wonderful Spectra. Aren't you just amazed by it all? I really am. I'm happy that i've always been a person that just appreciates nature and I'm just blown away by their beauty. Everything else has to be cut, and heal, which certainly is awesome too in its own right, the generative nature is incredible, but when you have spawning in your tank...guess I like the unexpected surprise by the process at every turn. You don't now when he's gonna spawn, when she will, when, when, when, surprise!!!

I saw one today! Orange. White skirt.I think there are more but the glass is dirty around that area (RFA garden) and I don't want to disturb them :)

• Like 1

I saw one today! Orange. White skirt.I think there are more but the glass is dirty around that area (RFA garden) and I don't want to disturb them :)

Yeah, I saw that in your post. Isn't it just so cool? I'm just easily pleasantly pleased when it comes to rfas. I had that orange & white combo too but I don't know how it changes after that as I never got that far with my tank issue. It'll be fun to see how it changes. I guess some of mine were weak, sometimes I wouldn't see them past 4 days- a week. Don't know where they went off to.

Yes it is amazing how things work.....I have some that are small spots but yet have a few that are about the size of a dime.......not sure if those came in on other ones or ?

• Like 1

That light setting is just what I have now for Photo Mode, I have nothing I have to showcase yet to see how it looks under the right light. But I'm happy with the shimmer I'm getting with the light and my Jebao RW-4. I'm hoping that once I have more blue added my Samsung3 can still take care of the pic. I did find the way to do it with my Kessil, it was turning the blues almost totally off to still in the end make it look right. We'll see, maybe same principal but I sure love having this Photo Mode. It'll bring wonderful consistency to pictures. Another thing I'm so happy about it.

Yes it is amazing how things work.....I have some that are small spots but yet have a few that are about the size of a dime.......not sure if those came in on other ones or ?

A dime, that's enormous! I'm saying that seriously and not sarcasticly cuz I only had babies a few mm big. Maybe it was born early on and hidden and you didn't notice?

• Like 2

That light setting is just what I have now for Photo Mode, I have nothing I have to showcase yet to see how it looks under the right light. But I'm happy with the shimmer I'm getting with the light and my Jebao RW-4. I'm hoping that once I have more blue added my Samsung3 can still take care of the pic. I did find the way to do it with my Kessil, it was turning the blues almost totally off to still in the end make it look right. We'll see, maybe same principal but I sure love having this Photo Mode. It'll bring wonderful consistency to pictures. Another thing I'm so happy about it.

A dime, that's enormous! I'm saying that seriously and not sarcasticly cuz I only had babies a few mm big. Maybe it was born early on and hidden and you didn't notice?

Could be but not sure.....I have a lot of them from that one to a few mm. I posted this alien pic and you can see 2 baby nems you need to know what you are looking at but.....IMG_1814.jpg

Well, Bivalve is happier- it's open like 1/2" at its widest. I've not seen this one yet ever open this much. Must be happier, You can see the sliver open of the other one to the left.

20160417_011745_zpsagdbiakk.jpg

And this pretty red sponge it appears will make it, I think has a little baby spot growing beneath it at the moment.

20160417_011801_zpsd4nukahl.jpg

Yeah, having a hard time seeing.

I know how hard it is taking pics of those! Not easy. That's why I mostly didn't put any up, could barely see to tell what it was and then well, the cyanodino bomb hit.

• Like 4