Cultivated Reef

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

FlowerMama

I love the pic of the tank beside the double door. So relaxing looking.

Oh, and I see you have a required piece of equipment on the right side of your tank stand. And I thought I was the only one that kept a magnifying glass next to my tank.

Oh yeah, had to borrow it from my parents from the first tank in 2012. I just kinda never gave it back.

Finally, I was getting worried about it. Shedding but it took over a week and I was getting concerned.

20160508_204252_zpsrjvmgbkq.jpg

FlowerMama

OOPS. One of his legs became shortened when I got him. Much more room for him here than in the 10g.

More room the harlequin too.

Not terribly exciting but you can see one of the 2 jawfish! And of course they have to be in the back part of the tank. And of course I found an aptasia there that I can not get to!!! This is the most I was able to see them since they were put in yesterday evening.

20160508_204319_zpscc3kzsy6.jpg

And more pretty green on the rose coral!

20160508_203628_zpswifo5iy7.jpg

• Like 4
FlowerMama

It's dark in the tank the last 46 mins but right now I'm seeing one bob up & down watching me. I don't know where the other is. Oh, and it's throwing sand with it's mouth. I worry some as it's just sand underneath then the few rocks on top so I don't want the landscape to fall, it's already sunk some I think, I just don't want one get get hurt, or trapped since I can't see the other. Not sure if I'm naming.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Great looking tank! I love the crisp look of the lighting. May I ask what your nano box settings are? Thanks

I take a picture under......with my Samsung3

Royal Blue 30%
Whites 75% both
Violet 20%
Blue/Cyan 30%
  • Like 1
teenyreef

I love your little ski resort! I hadn't noticed all the little hills and moguls until you pointed them out. Also, congrats on all the Nanobox love on Facebook :)

FlowerMama

I love your little ski resort! I hadn't noticed all the little hills and moguls until you pointed them out. Also, congrats on all the Nanobox love on Facebook :)

Thank you! yeah, lotsa love. Feels good! I really appreciated it.

Thank you! yeah, lotsa love. Feels good! I really appreciated it.

They only appeared overnight with these 2 jawfish but I don't know if it's just one that built or two.

• Like 1

Looks wonderful! I saw your pics on FB too :). It was a few days ago, or maybe last week, but did you see the RFA's that reef gardener posted on FB? They looked gorgeous!!! I instantly thought of you :).

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Looks wonderful! I saw your pics on FB too :). It was a few days ago, or maybe last week, but did you see the RFA's that reef gardener posted on FB? They looked gorgeous!!! I instantly thought of you :).

Yes, I did see them. Pretty! I need to check out the site again. I forgot about that post. I was busy here the last couple evenings w/ some important HOA stuff. We had a town council meetin to get to and now my side of the street can have parking (and you can't on the other side) so now I can have a friend come over and park in from of my driveway, or my 80 yr old dad/mom,, etc. They didn't build this 53 unit complex w/ the idea the area was going to grow so fast. Now I might be able to have a social life.

• Like 3
FlowerMama

Oh, look at the tiny cute little limpet I found this morning next to the rose coral. Never saw it and the tanks been going for just about 6 wks now. I love new discoveries.

20160510_070732_zpsrkty1udr.jpg

• Like 4
FlowerMama

Well, my superglue was stopped up so I couldn't get the aptasia with it. So I used the aptasia Rx. Hope it takes are of it, really do, or one day I may have to invest in a caribbean file fish.

Anyway, I need some help with wild identification, for these zoas on the rock. Brown like a crayon, there are maybe 2-3

20160510_184112_zpstfurpkjk.jpg

Also what is the brown macro above the rose coral.

20160510_184145_zpspao28iw0.jpg

And I do have some sponge that is coming back that I thought died off. Some of the burnt sienna colored sponge and a lovely yellow ball sponge again.

20160510_184204_zpsofnrpwq2.jpg

and the pic before of it.

20160401_190606_zpsstmn4clb.jpg

Lastly, here's that jeweled rfa again. It's like it changes colors every once in a while. Too cool.

20160510_183920_zps71gew1a0.jpg

and before....

20160420_184254_zps8md2abjr.jpg

• Like 4

Brown agar looks like dictoya (check my spelling). Everything looks great! Personally I would superglue over the brown zoas. I had some on a live rock and they grew out of control

FlowerMama

I've never seen these, they have coral skeletons so it's not a zoa I don't think. But I agree w/ the dictyota after seeing pics.

FlowerMama

Either way it's a cute baby :wub:

I totally agree! Whichever it is, I'm leaving it alone,,, to grow. More people have been successful not feeding them and leaving them alone than trying to feed them, bother them and have them disappear on ya.

• Like 1

20160505_195103_zpsjatlnncr.jpg

20160505_195055_zpsqdoqalwz.jpg

20160505_195039_zpsrmmgbzxm.jpg

20160505_195024_zps8x2wu3lu.jpg

20160505_194943_zpslkrysxii.jpg

20160505_194036_zps1kefemqf.jpg

20160505_194016_zpswm0q9b6p.jpg

20160505_193954_zpswo1xw50u.jpg

20160505_193924_zpseckil7qj.jpg

WOW!!!! I really like your tank... I'm a big fan of the 40breeders IMO the dims are perfect!

Also, one of the things that really caught my attention in reef tanks is relation in the beauty of the display tank and the filtration system. Can you explain more about your filtration system and why you choose that way?

Thanks and definitely following this thread!

• Like 2

Yes, I did see them. Pretty! I need to check out the site again. I forgot about that post. I was busy here the last couple evenings w/ some important HOA stuff. We had a town council meetin to get to and now my side of the street can have parking (and you can't on the other side) so now I can have a friend come over and park in from of my driveway, or my 80 yr old dad/mom,, etc. They didn't build this 53 unit complex w/ the idea the area was going to grow so fast. Now I might be able to have a social life.

I think she was asking like $80 each for some of them but the nice thing about her RFAs is they are large. Not quarter sized for that price :).
  • Like 2
FlowerMama

WOW!!!! I really like your tank... I'm a big fan of the 40breeders IMO the dims are perfect!

Also, one of the things that really caught my attention in reef tanks is relation in the beauty of the display tank and the filtration system. Can you explain more about your filtration system and why you choose that way?

Thanks and definitely following this thread!

Just a Reef Octopus Classic BH90 HOB skimmer and an AquaClear 70 with some carbon and floss. And a heater hidden back there. I have some macros in the tank but not enough yet. It's hard for me to get back to the left back side so thats probably a good spot for some more macros. I'v had refugiums before and I just wanted to go simpler. What I will miss though is not having an ATO when I leave for a vaca so a friend will need to come by to top off but I'm sure it won't be hard to find someone in the condo complex here. I mean how often can you go on a vaca anyway. I don't mind top offs every evening.

The light certainly makes it look light and lively. I need to an water change this weekend. I wasn't able to the last 2 weekends so I am behind. I only have 2 fish right now. Plan on 3 more in the next month and that's it. I'll let the leathers grow in and hopefully have rock flower babies. It looks so natural due to the live rock I bought from Gulf Live Rock, many sponges showing up now and macros here & there. Group effort here and it turned out my favorite tank.

Thank You so much!

FlowerMama

I do though want to get a crafted top from Smiz as the screen netting is good but I can't make allowance for the equipment that hangs into the tank w/o losing the integrity of the netting. Right now I'm really only covering the front part of the tank w/ the net.

I think she was asking like $80 each for some of them but the nice thing about her RFAs is they are large. Not quarter sized for that price :).

I looked the other day and so only a few.

• Like 1

I do though want to get a crafted top from Smiz as the screen netting is good but I can't make allowance for the equipment that hangs into the tank w/o losing the integrity of the netting. Right now I'm really only covering the front part of the tank w/ the net.

I looked the other day and so only a few.

His tops are REALLY nice!!!!! I highly recommend...love mine :).

Did you see her ricordea pictures?????? omgomgomg I think she said she sent all of those in the pic to Unique Corals.

• Like 1

So I decided it has to be some kind of trumpet as they have a skeleton. Brown mini trumpets.

I would bet they are hidden cup corals. I had some small red ones on a live rock... the skeleton makes me think that's what they are. do you see feeders out?

• Like 2