inTank Media Baskets

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

FlowerMama

Great video! Things are looking good. I see the Green Terminator is doing well. And staying in one place :)

Yes, he's sitting off to the side. Model citizen so far. I wanted to give room for the others to grow in. I think one of mine on the left will soon be climbing a rock Not sure how I feel about them doing that, yet.

Looks AWESOME FM :)

Thank you Astinus. So far, this is my favorite layout of coral. Usually by this time I would have copepods or colonista snails or something popping up. Maybe it has something to do wit gulf side rock instead of off Florida where I got KPAquatics rock. I dunno.

• Like 2
FlowerMama

My refractometer broke yesterday, the front part you twist. Luckily, I got a $25 gift card at work and applied to my Amazon acct, but since it was on my work email I have the password at work so instead of getting it Tues I'll get it Wed, I guess no biggie but still. After I ate earlier today I had a headache & felt nauseas so I deal with that by taking a nap upstairs in my bed. Nap was longer than anticipated. I didn't make my tank screen either today.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

A side shot for something different! I just moved some of the leathers around to see how I like it better so they're not all sporting their best show right now.

20160503_200548_zpskl3vyg3p.jpg

Looks like those 2 rock flowers are heading towards the rock. I'm just gonna see what they do, after all I'll need more room on the sand.

20160503_201551_zpskhshbpyg.jpg

20160503_200913_zpsikoojrgi.jpg

20160503_201540_zps05lvwdce.jpg

20160503_200849_zpsfcl2cous.jpg

20160503_201545_zpsrd2dysxx.jpg

Little toadstool already shed, don't know why closing up.

20160503_200843_zpso0fvxr0o.jpg

20160503_200835_zpsldwh7lla.jpg

• Like 8
FlowerMama

Ha! Charleston SC is having a thunderstorm. It's flickered lightning. SO I just checked the weather channel. Sure enough! Severe thunderstorms 10pm onward. Anyone find what coloring you like for your lightening?

• Like 2
ReefWeeds

Ha! Charleston SC is having a thunderstorm. It's flickered lightning. SO I just checked the weather channel. Sure enough! Severe thunderstorms 10pm onward. Anyone find what coloring you like for your lightening?

Everything's looking really good!!! Love the new photos and video :)

I just left the lightening settings at whatever that came at. I love surprise storms :)

FlowerMama

I changed my timezone 3 hrs so I could enjoy my tank til midnight. I don't know how all these locations differ from one another, daylight in your Virgin Islands versus Charleston, SC or the Bahamas or Florida.

Everything's looking really good!!! Love the new photos and video :)

I just left the lightening settings at whatever that came at. I love surprise storms :)

I think the same, I'm using the size of my friend's nepthea to judge where to put things if they all grow big like that. Trying to work in the space they need around each other. It's my favorite scape so far and I'm definitely more further along in this tank per time and coral obtained than any previous tank. It's just come together so nicely. I just still need to find a setting so my sand isn't blue but everything is colorful when I take a picture.

• Like 3
FlowerMama

Yep, this one made it!

20160504_174739_zpskg6us93g.jpg

Just to the left of the sponge tunicate thing.

20160504_174830_zpsj7dbypoy.jpg

Just fed the nems and rose coral. In just a moment I'm gonna try the circulation a little harder as the small toadstool and Devil's Hand are still having a time. At least the toadstool had 1/4 of its polyps out.

• Like 2
ReefWeeds

Yep, this one made it!

20160504_174739_zpskg6us93g.jpg

Just to the left of the sponge tunicate thing.

20160504_174830_zpsj7dbypoy.jpg

Just fed the nems and rose coral. In just a moment I'm gonna try the circulation a little harder as the small toadstool and Devil's Hand are still having a time. At least the toadstool had 1/4 of its polyps out.

Toads and leathers can be so frustrating can't they? I've been messing around with my flow trying to find a happy medium.

FlowerMama

Yeah, I'm like, uh, why isn't it opening. It's one thing for 3 days but when it's a week you kinda wonder but I did have more flow at the time in Gertie's tank so I just upped it. I got my refractometer today so I'm happy with that.

It wasn't an announced race but I was curious to see who would get to a rock first.

I'm wondering if I should put my my red sea star and harlequin in now or wait til I have some fish. Because everyone's going to want to find their own territory. I think I'll wait. They're handling it fine in the 10g right now.

Made it slightly bigger than the tank, had to, since I have equipment on the left side hanging over. I still may come some slits in the metal frame so the equipment doesn't stop it from being on the left edge of the tank. Or, if I mess it up I have enough mesh still to make another thankfully. I bought for the 60 but it ended up on the 40.

20160504_203022_zpsbfs8k3zr.jpg

20160504_203034_zpshlxscahh.jpg

• Like 4
FlowerMama

I love how beautiful the tank looks in your room! That Nanobox really adds a nice clean look too.

It turned out so wonderful. The light is sleek and beautiful, so perfectly minimal. I couldn't be any more pleased and the equipment really doesn't detract that much from the inside of the tank. Considering no sump on this I am very pleased with myself at the decisions I've make so far. Macros that came in on the rock are growing. I lost the green fern macro. The red rare branching macro is very much a slow grower so far.

Now is the time I'm seeing more little feathers. I need to buy a corky finger next and one other fat gorg. I don't have much luck with them so I'll just stay with two.

I need to buy a turkey baster next, the squishy bulb doesn't work now.

• Like 4
FlowerMama

Just found my first aptasia in the tank. I'm going to superglue it since it's so small. It's to the left of the rose coral.

• Like 1
ReefWeeds

It turned out so wonderful. The light is sleek and beautiful, so perfectly minimal. I couldn't be any more pleased and the equipment really doesn't detract that much from the inside of the tank. Considering no sump on this I am very pleased with myself at the decisions I've make so far. Macros that came in on the rock are growing. I lost the green fern macro. The red rare branching macro is very much a slow grower so far.

Now is the time I'm seeing more little feathers. I need to buy a corky finger next and one other fat gorg. I don't have much luck with them so I'll just stay with two.

I need to buy a turkey baster next, the squishy bulb doesn't work now.

I lost my green fern macro and I think Spectra did - or is close to it. That was the second time I bought that algae, both times it just melted away. so frustrating.

Everything looks awesome, annette!

• Like 1
FlowerMama

I lost my green fern macro and I think Spectra did - or is close to it. That was the second time I bought that algae, both times it just melted away. so frustrating.

Everything looks awesome, annette!

I wonder what it is about it. It started out nice. Maybe it was too bright? I dunno. I have the branching gsp but I'm not sure where to put it. Not so sure about having this gorg carcass as it's collecting algae on its branches and flying like a kite.

• Like 1

No, I have no fish in this tank right now. Only my 20g w/ Gertie has a 6line.

I meant a pink zebra RFA :).

Loved the video! Great idea of just cutting a hole in the screen for the equipment. I didn't think about doing that when I had my DIY lid!!!! Looks like it's working perfectly for you :).

FlowerMama

I meant a pink zebra RFA :).

Loved the video! Great idea of just cutting a hole in the screen for the equipment. I didn't think about doing that when I had my DIY lid!!!! Looks like it's working perfectly for you :).

Well, I had to put some super glue on the aptasia on the left of that rose coral and it was hard to lift it up enough on the right side to get my arm in so I scratched up my arm some. I'm going to have to get the dremel and cut the frame on the left and back corner because I can;t keep scratching my arm. And, what about water change day or razoring the glass?. I need it to be able to come off completely. I'm going to have to cut it in 4 minimum places, the left side and then possibly the back 2 by the filter. If I can just do the left that would best.

FlowerMama

Well..screen has to be re-made. I took out the parts of the frame for the skimmer and filter and it totally messed up the shape and made it limp and fall in the water. Have to go to Lowes and buy some frame and just will have to make it shorter on that left side. Nothing more I can do. I couldn't open it fully so that wasn 't going to work even though it was the most secure.

FlowerMama

Can you guess what I have this evening? Hopefully have some pics tomorrow.

Left side

20160507_205929_zpsu0r67x6d.jpg

Right side

20160507_205922_zpsz0lpqdat.jpg

Front side & no pic of backside.

20160507_205837_zpsgsjklqw8.jpg

• Like 4
FlowerMama

Bought a turkey baster today and basted the rocks and spots in the substrate. Played with my light and mimicked what someone else had, I'll see how I like it and go from there. My first time not using a default and I know I just need to experiment. Hope to have some pics of the fish tomorrow for you all. I plan to get 3 more fish after this.

I did lose the bottom bubble trapper from my skimmer but I found a place on line I can buy a replacement.

• Like 1
aviator300

I love the pic of the tank beside the double door. So relaxing looking.

Oh, and I see you have a required piece of equipment on the right side of your tank stand. And I thought I was the only one that kept a magnifying glass next to my tank.

• Like 1