Coral Vue Hydros

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

Hey everyone I have a question about the back chambers of peoples tanks, I currently run from left to right in the back...Intank custom caddy with only chemi-pure elite or either blue, heater in the next chamber with the sachem matrix in a filter bag at the body of the chamber, my middle chamber has two eheim pumps and a tunze 9001 skimmer modded to fit in there, next chamber has the Intank fuge basket with chateo in it. and the last chamber on the right I have a IM custom caddy with just an aqua vitro purifiltrum filter bag in it. Does anyone run something similar to this setup? I'm curious of the water level in the back of the tank and what other people keep theirs at, as well as what people use filtration wise in the their tanks, I've had the tank for about a year and love it just trying to get it to premium quality. Thanks!

GrumpyDaddy68
On 12/7/2017 at 10:28 AM, Wash1987 said:

Yeah there will be at least one shelf in the bottom and custom mounting for my ATO and controllers. 

also i plan on drawing it in 3D and creating a print, material and cut list if anyone wants the plans for it.

Hi,

I'm planning to build a similar stand for a future Lagoon; could you please share your material list and 3D files?

Thanks,

Just picked up the Icecap k1 nano skimmer at Indmas. Very unhappy with my Tunze 9001's performance. Will report back on how it's doing. First impressions are great, already seeing some skimmate collect and no micro bubbles from the start. Fits nice and snug into one of the side chambers. Althought you can't use the magnet attachment it came with, it's not really needed as the skimmer is just the right height to sit on the bottom of the tank.

MVIMG_20180317_193157.jpg

• Like 2
21 hours ago, eslatts11 said:

Just picked up the Icecap k1 nano skimmer at Indmas. Very unhappy with my Tunze 9001's performance. Will report back on how it's doing. First impressions are great, already seeing some skimmate collect and no micro bubbles from the start. Fits nice and snug into one of the side chambers. Althought you can't use the magnet attachment it came with, it's not really needed as the skimmer is just the right height to sit on the bottom of the tank.

Please update us on how this does!

• Like 1
SURVEYMAN46123
On 3/18/2018 at 1:03 AM, eslatts11 said:

Did you win this in the raffle, or did you purchase it at one of the vendor booths?

I was there all weekend but forgot if that was one of the raffle items.

805NanoReef
On 3/17/2018 at 10:03 PM, eslatts11 said:

Yes let us know later on how it does! Ive wanted a skimmer like this over my Tunze 9001. 

On 1/31/2018 at 10:23 AM, coreyisag said:

its it slightly larger but if you look at the measurements of the unit it should be an exact fit i already know of a couple of people with IM tanks that have already ordered this skimmer. This is also the measurements with the bracket on, so im sure you can modify the bracket if need be and i believe cad lights said the bracket is removable as well  

Do you know if this skimmer fits with the bracket removed? Hoping the people you know would have tried it by now.

My understanding is it was 3.25 x 3.5 without the bracket.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:03 PM, eslatts11 said:

Looks awesome.  I'm looking at downgrading from my HOB 1.5.  It might be overkill on my 25g Lagoon

805NanoReef
On 3/13/2018 at 4:06 PM, AnthonyZee said:

Hey everyone I have a question about the back chambers of peoples tanks, I currently run from left to right in the back...Intank custom caddy with only chemi-pure elite or either blue, heater in the next chamber with the sachem matrix in a filter bag at the body of the chamber, my middle chamber has two eheim pumps and a tunze 9001 skimmer modded to fit in there, next chamber has the Intank fuge basket with chateo in it. and the last chamber on the right I have a IM custom caddy with just an aqua vitro purifiltrum filter bag in it. Does anyone run something similar to this setup? I'm curious of the water level in the back of the tank and what other people keep theirs at, as well as what people use filtration wise in the their tanks, I've had the tank for about a year and love it just trying to get it to premium quality. Thanks!

I just use the filter socks on both end chambers with chemi-pure blue bags in them. on second chamber i have my heater and in 4th chamber i have my IM reactor running pellets. The return chamber I have it exactly like you. So far so good. I Dialed down the return pumps because i was having issues with my Tunze going crazy. SO the water sits about 1/4 below the baffle line.

19 hours ago, djorijun said:

Looks awesome.  I'm looking at downgrading from my HOB 1.5.  It might be overkill on my 25g Lagoon

I'd be interested in buying that HOB 1.5 off ya... :) since you looking to downgrade.

48 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I'd be interested in buying that HOB 1.5 off ya... :) since you looking to downgrade.

LOL,

I've gotten a few messages from people wanting it.  Guess I'll just stick to it.  :)

1 hour ago, djorijun said:

LOL,

I've gotten a few messages from people wanting it.  Guess I'll just stick to it.  :)

:P

Does it make noise? Would it be okay in a bedroom? How tedious is cleaning it?

I need to know these things before I drop 230 on one new.... :o

19 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

:P

Does it make noise? Would it be okay in a bedroom? How tedious is cleaning it?

I need to know these things before I drop 230 on one new.... :o

Mine is very quite.  The cleaning is super simple, removing the cup, washing it and replacing it like a boss.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, djorijun said:

Mine is very quite.  The cleaning is super simple, removing the cup, washing it and replacing it like a boss.  

What about cleaning inside, where the pump is?

On 3/19/2018 at 8:49 AM, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Did you win this in the raffle, or did you purchase it at one of the vendor booths?

I was there all weekend but forgot if that was one of the raffle items.

One of the vendor booths, I believe it was Premium Aquatics. I put in a lot of the raffles too and didn't win a thing :( There was that one guy that won like several things. I bet he ended up spending more money on raffle tickets than the cost of the items he won.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:51 AM, 805NanoReef said:

Yes let us know later on how it does! Ive wanted a skimmer like this over my Tunze 9001. 

Same here, I've never felt like my 9001 skimmed quite right... Will be sure to update the thread with my results!!

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

What about cleaning inside, where the pump is?

That's also a simple task, the only annoying part for me is where it's placed.  But actually removing the pump is easy. 

• Like 1
Kellie in CA
1 hour ago, dvs1986 said:

Is anyone using VCA random flow generators in their tank? What do you think of them if so?

There are a few, I think it's just a couple pages back.  I have them, but I'm still in the process of setting up. 

SURVEYMAN46123
15 hours ago, eslatts11 said:

One of the vendor booths, I believe it was Premium Aquatics. I put in a lot of the raffles too and didn't win a thing :( There was that one guy that won like several things. I bet he ended up spending more money on raffle tickets than the cost of the items he won.

Same here, I've never felt like my 9001 skimmed quite right... Will be sure to update the thread with my results!!

Guy in the green shirt?   Yea some people go crazy with the raffle stuff.  

• Like 1
ChristopherDido

Hey All!  Looks like I'm joining the Lagoon Club! :D

I posted in the AIO seeking a bit of build advice and got no replies, so I figured seeing this is much more active I would ask a more immediate question here.  So here goes, I will have my lagoon either tomorrow or friday, I was trying to get a head start and start building my stand. I have seen the dimensions of the Lagoon online but I am trying to make sure that my tank will fit snugly on top and It is not hanging off.  My question for you all with the tank, what are the exact length X width dimensions?  I know it says online 23.62in Length and 19.68in Width, I am just wanting to confirm that those dimensions are outside glass edges and not inside glass edges.  I am about to start making cuts and don't want to mess up.  Thanks in advance!

I would just wait on the top part and measure your tank. I say this because there can be a little variance between tank to tank but I suppose it depends how picky you are.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherDido said:

Hey All!  Looks like I'm joining the Lagoon Club! :D

I posted in the AIO seeking a bit of build advice and got no replies, so I figured seeing this is much more active I would ask a more immediate question here.  So here goes, I will have my lagoon either tomorrow or friday, I was trying to get a head start and start building my stand. I have seen the dimensions of the Lagoon online but I am trying to make sure that my tank will fit snugly on top and It is not hanging off.  My question for you all with the tank, what are the exact length X width dimensions?  I know it says online 23.62in Length and 19.68in Width, I am just wanting to confirm that those dimensions are outside glass edges and not inside glass edges.  I am about to start making cuts and don't want to mess up.  Thanks in advance!

ChristopherDido
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

I would just wait on the top part and measure your tank. I say this because there can be a little variance between tank to tank but I suppose it depends how picky you are.

Yeah I guess your right... it's just hard when you get excited! lol  Thanks!  I can wait a few more days :lol: