Innovative Marine Aquariums

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

5 hours ago, jldesign said:

do those water levels in baskets look good?

From what I can see it's not terrible.  Ideally the standing water level should be below the first, top shelf.  So the floss is out of the water and you don't get any water fall noise.  But with this being such a small intake chambered tank it may run a little higher.  Play with the water levels in the display, and rear chamber.  As well as the pumps intake gate.

• Like 1

turned the sicce 1.5 down to 3/4 open all night and removed couple cups of water from sump - "no bueno". still overflowed both baskets with smallest amount of floss. so now i closed the pump down to minimum setting which from sicce is 227.2gph which is a tiny bit more than stock pump. took a few more cups out sump and looks like a "better" keep up rate. going to run it like this and remove the media basket and just use another floss holder and hang my media bag down in chamber 2 as i use more than i feel comfortable stuffing in the media basket with flow issues like this. I have 2 other powerheads in tank anyway to make up for flow and i do not want to use socks anymore.

I can't see show i can get that water level to right around the first shelf it would be way to low - i know it is best to have the floss free floating not sitting in water but no way it can happen in this AIO chamber size.

i'd appreciate anyone else running this setup to chime in please and thanks

16 hours ago, StevieT said:

From what I can see it's not terrible.  Ideally the standing water level should be below the first, top shelf.  So the floss is out of the water and you don't get any water fall noise.  But with this being such a small intake chambered tank it may run a little higher.  Play with the water levels in the display, and rear chamber.  As well as the pumps intake gate.

1 minute ago, adamhicks1988 said:

What's everyone use for lights I was thinking kessil

2 media baskets heater skimmer and fuge basket n a ato think I could get it to all fit 

I just picked up this 25 lagoon off craigslist barely used for $75! Super stocked on the deal! 

I have a Nanobox Duo that is going to be perfect on it I think. 

IMG_9750.JPG

• Like 4
3 hours ago, kegz08 said:

I just picked up this 25 lagoon off craigslist barely used for $75! Super stocked on the deal! 

IMG_9750.JPG

Wow, talk about a steal. Nice pickup and welcome to the club!

• Like 2

very nice! the price makes the tank all the better. think mine was 65 out the door after my credit at my LFS.

its an amazing tank. don't think id trade mine for anything.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, kegz08 said:

Does the dead space under the rear chambers/baffles really annoy anyone else? I want to get one of these tanks but I'd have to put it up against a wall and it just seems like these dead zones are a terrible trap and impossible to clean. 

How does everyone else deal with that? 

Capture.JPG

It did annoy me at first, but now I just leave it. I utilize the right chamber 1 & 2 with bio-media, so I just let it get dirty and do it's thing. I've never had any issues with excess nutrients or algae. Tank has been up for about a year now.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:34 PM, eslatts11 said:

A bucket vacuum is pretty cheap and effective for cleaning these tight areas:

Bucket_Vacuum.JPG

Do you personally own one of these?  I remember seeing them at my local hardware store, but it'd be perfect to collect the excess detritus in my sump.  

On 2/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, TatorTaco said:

Do you personally own one of these?  I remember seeing them at my local hardware store, but it'd be perfect to collect the excess detritus in my sump.  

Yep. Home Depot has their own brand of it and its pretty readily available in all of their stores. Think it was only about $20 bucks. I bought some 1 & 1/4 inch hose attachments for it as well.

12 hours ago, eslatts11 said:

Yep. Home Depot has their own brand of it and its pretty readily available in all of their stores. Think it was only about $20 bucks. I bought some 1 & 1/4 inch hose attachments for it as well.

Good to know.  Yeah, I think I'd need to find a way to taper the intake to restrict how much water gets pulled, but it'd otherwise be terrific.  I might pick one up in the next few weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...

What does everyone use for heaters? I am using the 75w Cobalt Neo-Therm. It fits perfectly under my floss holder on the first chamber.

It used to keep my temp right at 78.0 and not move. Nothing has changed in my house, the temp around the tank has always stayed the same. But all of a sudden the last 2 months the water temp fluctuates between 76.5 and 79.0. 

I believe it has taken a toll on a few of my frags.

Could it maybe just be a messed up heater?

On 2/23/2018 at 8:02 PM, colinlevy said:

What does everyone use for heaters? I am using the 75w Cobalt Neo-Therm. It fits perfectly under my floss holder on the first chamber.

It used to keep my temp right at 78.0 and not move. Nothing has changed in my house, the temp around the tank has always stayed the same. But all of a sudden the last 2 months the water temp fluctuates between 76.5 and 79.0. 

I believe it has taken a toll on a few of my frags.

Could it maybe just be a messed up heater?

i use the 75W neotherm as well and have had zero issues with the heater. Maybe reach out to the company and see what they have to say about it? i keep mine in chamber 2 on the right side.

Getting my Lagoon 25 rolling....... going through cycle currently and quickly learning this tank drinks lots of water each day. When I wake up in the morning I am sucking tons of bubbles  from the modified Tunze9001 skimmer with my twin Eheim 600's in the same chamber. I wake up drop 2 cups of water or so in it, go to work, come home to a snow storm of bubbles again. Obviously a ATO is in order. One thing that is freaking me out is it seems that all of the ATOs out there carry all kinds of reviews from every website that sells them of them failing. After lots of research it seems the Tunze Osmolator 3155 is the gold standard. I would like to use it but my return pump chamber does not appear have the room in it for the puck to mount on the rear wall of the tank and still leave room for the Tunze 9001. Innovative Marine shows the center (pump return) chamber as the recommeded height of 1" below the adjacent chambers, but my thought was to raise the water level in the rear chamber so that chambers 2 and 3 are level with eachother and stick the Osmolator in chamber 2. Is anybody else doing this or is it possible/recommended ?

Equipment:

Innovative Marine Lagoon 25 on custom stand

Kessil A360WE on Kessil gooseneck

Real Reef live rock 20 lbs.

Finnex Titanium 100 watt heater in left side chamber 2

2 Eheim 600 return pumps 

Modified Tunze 9001 skimmer in chamber 3

Innovative Marine filter socks in both left and right chamber 1

On 2/10/2018 at 10:29 AM, kegz08 said:

IMG_9750.JPG

Wow, that's a steal! *Jealous* :)

On 2/27/2018 at 2:35 PM, Adrock15659 said:

Innovative Marine shows the center (pump return) chamber as the recommeded height of 1" below the adjacent chambers, but my thought was to raise the water level in the rear chamber so that chambers 2 and 3 are level with eachother and stick the Osmolator in chamber 2. Is anybody else doing this or is it possible/recommended ?

In order for things to work right, you need to follow IM's recommendation of keeping the water in the return chamber slightly lower that the baffles. 

The only place to put the ATO sensor is in that middle chamber because it is the only one that fluctuates when you lose water. 

Check out AutoAqua's smart ATO. I have their original (for 3 years) and the micro (2 years) never once had a problem.

Just ordered my 25 lagoon and am preparing everything I need.  I'm transferring from a 28g NC Bare Bottom into this unit so all of my equipment will be going into it.  One question I have is, what are the dimensions of the lid.  I purchased the IM clips that hang internally and want to hit Home Depot so I can go buy the mesh and supplies to build it before it gets here.  Okay I have two questions, I've been bare bottom on the current tank, but feel like adding a very thin layer of sand to the new tank.  Will this cause problems?

Equipment transferring

Aquamaxx HOB 1.5

Cobalt MJ900

100w Heater

Tunze Nano ATO

AI Prime HD 

Vortech MP 10

Adrock15659
On 2/28/2018 at 5:20 PM, kimberbee said:

In order for things to work right, you need to follow IM's recommendation of keeping the water in the return chamber slightly lower that the baffles. 

The only place to put the ATO sensor is in that middle chamber because it is the only one that fluctuates when you lose water. 

Check out AutoAqua's smart ATO. I have their original (for 3 years) and the micro (2 years) never once had a problem.

I pulled the trigger on the Osmolator and it did end up fitting in the return chamber along with the Tunze 9001 (barely). The optical sensor is pretty close to where the water cascades from chamber 2 into the return chamber and i had a high water level alarm within a hour of it being installed. I think that the turbulent water around sensor might have set it off. I pulled the Tunze 9001 out of the return chamber overnight and moved the Osmolator puck to the center of the back wall of the return chamber where its a little calmer and will see how it goes. 

I'm thinking of getting an Icecap 1k gyre for my lagoon. Anyone know if the outer magnet mount is safe to be submerged? Ideally I'd put it on the back wall which would leave both sides of the mount under water and give me a nice symmetrical look. I know the 1k is new but maybe someone knows about the 3k version.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:50 PM, nickyJ said:

I'm thinking of getting an Icecap 1k gyre for my lagoon. Anyone know if the outer magnet mount is safe to be submerged? Ideally I'd put it on the back wall which would leave both sides of the mount under water and give me a nice symmetrical look. I know the 1k is new but maybe someone knows about the 3k version.

i would imagine Icecap would be able to answer that question for you. 

47 minutes ago, dvs1986 said:

i would imagine Icecap would be able to answer that question for you. 

I actually did a bit more research and did in fact find a post from an Icecap customer support person confirming they were safe to submerge. But also read the pumps are noisy and now am more worried about ruining the silent tank I currently have with a loud pump.

6 hours ago, nickyJ said:

I actually did a bit more research and did in fact find a post from an Icecap customer support person confirming they were safe to submerge. But also read the pumps are noisy and now am more worried about ruining the silent tank I currently have with a loud pump.

If you do decide to get one please let me know how you like it, I've been on the fence about getting one for a while as well...

On 3/5/2018 at 10:31 PM, reef3r said:

If you do decide to get one please let me know how you like it, I've been on the fence about getting one for a while as well...

Pulled the trigger today and I'm gonna install it when I move my tank on the 24th. Will post an update after I run it for a few weeks