Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

it could be a bubble that got trapped under the chamber. The middle chamber, where the pump is, runs all along the bottom of the other chambers. See if you can get a turkey baster (full of water) and blast it out. it literally could just be a bubble stuck from when you first set up the tank, or if your skimmer put off some microbubbles that collected.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, dvs1986 said:

it could be a bubble that got trapped under the chamber. The middle chamber, where the pump is, runs all along the bottom of the other chambers. See if you can get a turkey baster (full of water) and blast it out. it literally could just be a bubble stuck from when you first set up the tank, or if your skimmer put off some microbubbles that collected.

ohhhh I forgot lol. wow I feel like an idiot. I haven't thought about that little space in so long. makes perfect sense, now im really glad I didn't waste time and water draining it and sliding it off the stand for no reason. feel so much better now.  thanks a lot!

Hey guys I've been reading this forum for weeks now and ordered my IM 25 on cyber Monday. So far I have the tank and 2 of the InTank media baskets, a finnex 100w titanium heater, the IM media reactor, IM ATO and pump, ecotech XR15w pro gen 4 and the Reef Octopus NS-80 Skimmer, Nothing is setup right now as I am building my stand hopefully will be able to start the cycle soon so I can transfer all my stuff out of my evo 13.5.

• Like 1
flatlandreefer
1 hour ago, Wash1987 said:

Hey guys I've been reading this forum for weeks now and ordered my IM 25 on cyber Monday. So far I have the tank and 2 of the InTank media baskets, a finnex 100w titanium heater, the IM media reactor, IM ATO and pump, ecotech XR15w pro gen 4 and the Reef Octopus NS-80 Skimmer, Nothing is setup right now as I am building my stand hopefully will be able to start the cycle soon so I can transfer all my stuff out of my evo 13.5.

Looks like a pretty good list so far. What are you going to use for in tank flow? Also I tried using the ns-80 for several months and I could never get the microbubbles to completely go away, if it was me I would spend a little bit more money and upgrade your skimmer or go skimmerless for now but there are a few people that have had luck with them. 

id like to get a mp10wqd for flow but will most likely use my hydor power head to start. what skimmer do you recommend? on my bigger tank I always used reef octopus with great success.

flatlandreefer
10 minutes ago, Wash1987 said:

id like to get a mp10wqd for flow but will most likely use my hydor power head to start. what skimmer do you recommend? on my bigger tank I always used reef octopus with great success.

I don't have any first hand expierence with anything else, maybe somebody else can chime in. I agree that reef octopus skimmers are good but the ns-80 doesn't necessarily reflect the rest of their skimmers. You may get along ok with it, for me the micro bubbles were too big of an issue that I couldn't solve. 

20 minutes ago, Wash1987 said:

I have the pump planned but am debating on a single 1.5 or dual 1.0's

I was in the same boat but went with the 1.5 mostly because they were running a sale and had it for $40

Completely silent for me. Love it.

only been installed a few days but I also pulled the trigger on the sicce 1.5 for cheap and I must say I have been very impressed with it so far.

now if only I could calm down my ns-80 I would be content with the tank......for a moment anyway......

Here is my tank stand in progress. With a sealed black pipe light mount. still nee to add the panels to the sides and back and make the door for the front. i might make the light mount a little shorter, im gonna judge that when i mock up hanging my xr15 from it. 

5a29514e3491b_tankstand.thumb.jpeg.0f46c7cdebcfa8edeb9bb87f3d06825e.jpeg

• Like 2

I started my 14 peninsula and got a crazy good deal on a new IM 25 and jumped on it I put it under some boxes so the wife dosent suspect anything as of yet lol. Slowly gana start getting stuff for this tank to get her up and runing Can’t wait to start it up!!  

CD532E96-A5EF-4E36-B974-9AEEAB5A04C3.jpeg

flatlandreefer

Here is my tank stand in progress. With a sealed black pipe light mount. still nee to add the panels to the sides and back and make the door for the front. i might make the light mount a little shorter, im gonna judge that when i mock up hanging my xr15 from it. 

5a29514e3491b_tankstand.thumb.jpeg.0f46c7cdebcfa8edeb9bb87f3d06825e.jpeg

That looks great! Any plans for some shelves or dividers in the stand?

31 minutes ago, flatlandreefer said:

That looks great! Any plans for some shelves or dividers in the stand?

Yeah there will be at least one shelf in the bottom and custom mounting for my ATO and controllers. 

also i plan on drawing it in 3D and creating a print, material and cut list if anyone wants the plans for it.

• Like 2
flatlandreefer
5 hours ago, Wash1987 said:

Yeah there will be at least one shelf in the bottom and custom mounting for my ATO and controllers. 

also i plan on drawing it in 3D and creating a print, material and cut list if anyone wants the plans for it.

Wow, much better than I could do! That's great!

1 hour ago, Biglex said:

I wana see the completed build!! maybe I can see those plans when I start up the other tank

Yeah i still have to make the panels and the door but will post progress pics when i get a chance to work on it again. And i have the majority of it modeled in solidworks, so i can send you the print for the stand whenever. 

okay so i have another question, to mp10 or not to mp10 for my lagoon 25? I have read a ton but am still not sure if the 285.00 price tag is worth it.

I really want that pump when I start my lagoon up. In my peninsula 14 had a hydor 240 and was good I just got the Jebao SW2 and works good so far. I recently saw the new aqamai KPS WiFi pump. That looks cool to try out and only 120 at marine depot maybe when I get the lagoon up and running I’ll put that pump 

I recently sold my MP10. I wanted one for years, but after 6 months of use I was kinda like, "meh". I always had to have it on the lowest setting, so it didn't really do any of the cool things that you pay the premium for.  Plus with it being on the outside of the tank my kid was  tempted to pull on it (luckily she never did!). 

With this tank I am opting to upgrade the return pump and add 2 RFG's.  I'm excited about having no equipment in the tank. 

• Like 1