Top Shelf Aquatics

Leather is for Lovers Thread!

FlowerMama

sam_the_reefer

My tank used to only have toadstools. I think the massive base types are too big for my small tank though, so I had a fellow local reefer adopt one of my toadstools and I kept the long tentacle one which my clowns prefer to hang out in. Here it was a year ago before I fragged them.

post-80322-0-18993200-1457406700_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Baby toads are cuties.

They really are, aren't they??

My tank used to only have toadstools. I think the massive base types are too big for my small tank though, so I had a fellow local reefer adopt one of my toadstools and I kept the long tentacle one which my clowns prefer to hang out in. Here it was a year ago before I fragged them.

attachicon.gifDSC06880.jpg

Those are beautiful toads!

• Like 2

In this pic the leather to the left of the toadstool and the macro to the right? They look almost the same, that's crazy.

And the toadstool I got from you is it a neon green toadstool and is that the same as the Sarcophyton Umbrella Leather Coral on the aquariumcreations.com website?

20160303_211006_zpsmdn3yop2.jpg

UmbrellaLeather_zpsmvelvh99.jpg

Do you mean the gorgonian? I don't have any macro in this tank. The coral to the left of the toadstool is my pink kenya tree which looks very similar to the pink finger leather on the right side. There is a slight difference between them though. The polyps are different. But the similarity makes me think that kenyas could be classified as leathers. But I just don't know if that's true for sure. Not sure about that website. Is that the correct place? I don't see any coral...just custom aquariums builds.

I LOVE this!!!!! I hope my long tentacle toady looks like yours someday :wub:.
  • Like 4
sam_the_reefer

@stellablue: Thanks!
@gena: Thank you. I also hope my new candy canes will look like yours (in your pastel garden thread).

• Like 3

I have that same leather you can see it bottom right of this picture. I have had it for at least 5 years it's a little smaller than a volleyball

e773471d-66b1-47d8-ac6c-a01d2a54aa23.jpg

I am not sure what the name actually is.

I still want a piece of this...please :)

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Damn it, wish I had my tank up already. See something pretty and I can't have it. boo hoo. I'm working on a thread name in my head.

Well hurry up!!! Fiji comes in again in 2 weeks :D

Love that big fatty on the left side!
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

Here's a gorgeous tank with a sprinkling of leather that's spawning. I love how it just stands out.

good gawd. I want a herd of chromis and anthias like that!

• Like 2

I know, the whole thing, fish and scape is gorgeous. What's the green toadish looking thing below the large toadstool? I love it's waves. I've watched this video and the one that Gena found several times now. And I can't believe the chunk of yellow on the left, I thought those were NPS?

• Like 2

I know, the whole thing, fish and scape is gorgeous. What's the green toadish looking thing below the large toadstool? I love it's waves. I've watched this video and the one that Gena found several times now.

Pretty sure that green one is a devils hand leather :wub:
  • Like 2

You can have the fish that toad gave me a stiffy.

:lol:

I know, the whole thing, fish and scape is gorgeous. What's the green toadish looking thing below the large toadstool? I love it's waves. I've watched this video and the one that Gena found several times now. And I can't believe the chunk of yellow on the left, I thought those were NPS?

Good find on that video, Annette! That is awesome! I never knew leathers spawned like that.

• Like 1