Top Shelf Aquatics

Leather is for Lovers Thread!

FlowerMama

jedimasterben

Pretty sure that green one is a devils hand leather :wub:

The 'devils hand' Sinularias usually have longer 'fingers' than that, so it might just be a 'finger leather' sinularia. I know, big difference :lol:

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Right - the Fiji yellow leather, Sarcophton elegans, doesn't fluoresce at all and really only looks good without a lot of blue light. Harry's leather has a dark base and fluorescent green polyps, so not quite the same. ;)

I wasn't comparing to his because they're different corals, I just liked the light yellow though, and it was more open than wavy.

jedimasterben

I wasn't comparing to his because they're different corals, I just liked the light yellow though, and it was more open than wavy.

Sorry Annette, I'm getting my threads mixed up, that reply is relevant only to other threads lol.
HarryPotter

I wouldn't be concerned. It's a pretty coral, don't feel like you have to defend yourself to anyone.

True, thanks. I'm happy with it and no matter what the hell it is do not regret my purchase. The insinuation that I was either editing photos or color blind was annoying me ;)

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

I know, the whole thing, fish and scape is gorgeous. What's the green toadish looking thing below the large toadstool? I love it's waves. I've watched this video and the one that Gena found several times now. And I can't believe the chunk of yellow on the left, I thought those were NPS?

The green toadish looking thing is a short polyped toadie, the yellow/orange thing is a Sun coral. It is indeed an NPS. There's a short polyp green and a long polyp green toadstool. That short polyped one sometimes ships poorly.

I"m loving all these videos you're finding, Annette!

I traded in a bunch of stuff I didn't really want yesterday and came back with a stereonepthya and this toad. It finally is starting to open this morning although I noticed the flow and the weight of the cap tipped it over overnight :blink:

qjprLvp.jpg

• Like 7

STOP. Stop it now. Y'all are killing me with these videos and pics and after seeing Annette's toadstool (and Gertie!), while I stare at 75 gallons of water, sand and rock. I feel like Godot, waiting on the cycling to be done while my wish list just keeps growing.

• Like 4

Here's a gorgeous tank with a sprinkling of leather that's spawning. I love how it just stands out.

That's pretty cool! I had a really big toadstool a few years ago and never noticed it spawn like that!

• Like 1

I always loved the big toadstool in the club presidents 180 gal.

_MG_5397.jpg

look at that beast

_MG_5345.jpg

I went over there for some frags other day and was disappointed to see the leathers where no longer in there.

_MG_5353.jpg

• Like 3

STOP. Stop it now. Y'all are killing me with these videos and pics and after seeing Annette's toadstool (and Gertie!), while I stare at 75 gallons of water, sand and rock. I feel like Godot, waiting on the cycling to be done while my wish list just keeps growing.

At least you're cycling!!!! You saw my empty black tank! ha ha ha. I didn't get myself out of bed early enough today. I was going to empty the last 4-5 c of gravel and then take a razor to the back of it to remove the black. But I realize Easter is at the end of this month. I need to stop at the Petco tomorrow after work and find out if they're having a $1 per gallon sale and then sell this one to a member in the local club. I know I get more interested as I look at these flowy videos. Even my gsp I like on the lone rock it's on because it's flowy. I wonder will leathers and rock flowers be ok together? toxicity issues when it's sloughing.

• Like 3