SaltCritters.com

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Sharbuckle

Glad the Fan helped :)

You da best Astinus!

So I got some zoas. One small colony and two frags, dont know the name. Not a designer name coral kinda guy. Theyre super pretty though, will post some pics when they open up.

• Like 1

Eh, I wouldn't say that...I am still very new to the game. I too was having temp issues a little while ago..just passing on the same "Emergency" help I was given.

Sharbuckle

I Enjoy Zoas :) Those look nice :)

Thanks. I like them alot. Used to have quite the collection in a 20gal about 6 or 7 years ago. I miss that tank.

Sharbuckle

Well as temperature is being somewhat controlled by the fan I think i'm going to temporarily turn my attention towards an ATO. My girlfriend and I are taking a two night camping trip next week. I did an experiment, I have approximately 26 hours from a full return chamber before my water level drops to the point my return is blowing air. This means I need somebody or something to top off for me.

ATO coming next week. Unless somebody here lives in Ottawa and wants to top off for me?

In other news, damn I want to upgrade to a 40 breeder...

blizzardscout2

You have a very nice tank. Good feng shui!

As for cameras, I have a Canon Vixia HFR400. Has image and optical stabilization, has touch screen, battery life is good, SD card slot, 32x optical zoom, HD. It blew me away the first time I used it with how smooth the video is even when moving. It significantly reduces hand shakiness. This is the newer version of mine from Costco where I bought mine.

http://www.costco.com/Canon-Vixia-HFR700-HD-Camcorder-Bundle.product.100288869.html

Sharbuckle

As for cameras, I have a Canon Vixia HFR400. Has image and optical stabilization, has touch screen, battery life is good, SD card slot, 32x optical zoom, HD. It blew me away the first time I used it with how smooth the video is even when moving. It significantly reduces hand shakiness. This is the newer version of mine from Costco where I bought mine.

http://www.costco.com/Canon-Vixia-HFR700-HD-Camcorder-Bundle.product.100288869.html

Thanks!

Ill check that camera out. I want to be able to get a good video so I can start doing weekly updates and what not.

Thanks!

Ill check that camera out. I want to be able to get a good video so I can start doing weekly updates and what not.

Sharbuckle

Seems as though my tank is filled with unknown hitchiking coral! Found this today on a rock i've had for quite a while. Small tight group of polyps, i thought hydroids at first but the polyps are quite small. Looks like some sort of encrusting sps maybe? I dunno, have a look and tell me what you think.

image_46.jpeg

Its only about 1cm x 1/2cm

Sharbuckle

hard to tell from the photo - any way you can get a closeup? Looks like maybe a leptastrea or a cyphastrea...

Best closeup I can get with iphone...

Its tiny, like really tiny

Sharbuckle

So we've go an ant problem and the landlord has told us that we have to exit the unit for two hours along with all pets. Im so worried about the aquarium. Do i cover it up? Do i have to tear it down??? Ahh.

So we've go an ant problem and the landlord has told us that we have to exit the unit for two hours along with all pets. Im so worried about the aquarium. Do i cover it up? Do i have to tear it down??? Ahh.

What kind of treatment are they doing. Calmly ask before vacating your apartment. Not sure what the laws are like in the great white north but here you have some rights, especially when someone is putting down or applying poison in a living area.

Sharbuckle

What kind of treatment are they doing. Calmly ask before vacating your apartment. Not sure what the laws are like in the great white north but here you have some rights, especially when someone is putting down or applying poison in a living area.

I imagine the laws are similar. Emailed the landlord. Told him the situation, said he will talk to exterminator and discuss options. Hopefully It wont risk my livestock. Worried

We have an exterminator. We have 4 Parrots and a 75g FW and of course the Reef.

We and they know that we have to be very cautious, especially around the Birds. We had an ant issue and the treatments were "Targeted", using a syringe filled with gel. Also some Boric Acid (Borax) Powder.

We haven't had any issue! However, it doesn't hurt to take an ounce of prevention and cover the tanks, just in case. We do this, sometimes.

Sharbuckle

Well my temperature swings are still going nuts. Decided to get apex jr sooner than later. I need help with these swings, corals are looking upset. Cant really afford it so I have to get rid of some coral to offset the cost. Xenia, riccordea, Alveopora, and red shrooms will be going. Better get rid of some to save the rest....

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Good news, exterminator is using a contact solution. Not airborne. Still going to cover up the top i think. Also cover the sump as its close to the baseboards.

Other news,

Painting the background black today.

Looks awesome already.

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Going to take Video of new background. First coat anyway. Im so happy you can no longer see plumbing and wires.