SaltCritters.com

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Exciting news.

Long story short I bought a pair of binoculars at an estate sale for $4 CAD. Quick internet search and it turns out they're worth about $250 USD.

On ebay. Fingers crossed, daddy needs a new skimmer :)

What kind of Binocs? Brand and Power?

I dont know what power means but they're Vintage Sears Discoverer 6827-A . 7x35 . Fully amber coated. If any of that makes sense to you lol .

What kind of Binocs? Brand and Power?

Sorry 6287-A

It Does :) I Googled them and, well, I Used to have a Nice (ish) Telescope. Binocs are the next best for astronomy. Although 10 x 50

Are better for this.

I was just curious on ur score :)

Cencalfishguy56

All my mushrooms are loking shrivelled up today. All other coral looking great. Any ideas folks?

ditch the mushrooms and stick to euphyllia lol

Sometimes my mushrooms look puny for a day or two and then look great again. Some times it is because they are expelling waste. :)

Sharbuckle

For the past week my coral beauty has been acting a little strange. He would swim very close to the rocks, when I came close the tank he would swim up and say Hi and act normal. Still eating like a pig. Today however, he is lying on is side in the cave where he sleeps. At this point I figure its probably too late. Did three 10% water changes in a row, thur,fri and sat. In case it was a nitrate problem. Will test today. I dont have a qt or the funds for it. Sad day, prepared for the worst.

Just put some food in and he swam out to get it. So confused

How long have you had him? It could be he was caught with cyanide and it destined to continue to decline? You tank looks great and all the euphyllias are happy, not an easy feat, so I doubt it's a water quality issue.

Back over 2 years ago I had a flame angel that developed popeye and some kind of fungus. I changed a lot of water, as you did, and also made sure he ate 2 to 3 times a day. He did get better.

Anyway, I'm here to say how much I like the tank, the euphyllia theme is going to look fantastic.

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Thanks Mark, ive had the angel for over two months. Going to do more water changes and continue to feed. Not super optimistic though.

Sharbuckle

Stanley the angel fish is no more. Very sad day. He was by far my favorite. Still didn't pinpoint the issue so no more fish will be added until I figure it out. Thats two losses in the same fashion within two months. Damn. Didn't think you could get this attached to a fish.

So sorry about Stanley - and I think a lot of us understand how you can get attached to a fish. They have such individual personalities, you can't help it.

I'm sorry, Sharbuckle. Some of these little fish have such personalities so I totally understand getting attached to them.

I'm Sorry Sharbuckle :tears:

I share the same sentiments as the posters above :(

We have lost 4 fish in 4 months. Gonna let the tank sit Fallow for 90 days or so.

It sucks to lose the activity in a tank.

Sharbuckle

So sorry about Stanley - and I think a lot of us understand how you can get attached to a fish. They have such individual personalities, you can't help it.

Sorry about Stanley.

I'm sorry, Sharbuckle. Some of these little fish have such personalities so I totally understand getting attached to them.

Sorry about Stanley, it is easy to get attached to those little guys

:(

That is the worst, sorry to hear.

I'm Sorry Sharbuckle :tears:

I share the same sentiments as the posters above :(

We have lost 4 fish in 4 months. Gonna let the tank sit Fallow for 90 days or so.

It sucks to lose the activity in a tank.

Thank you for all the kind words guys. You all rock. Moving forward I will be doing a large water change tonight and replacing all filter media. Monitoring my other inhabitants closely.

• Like 5
Sharbuckle

More losses today. Couldn't find my blue/green rics... pistol shrimp buried them. Two are pretty bleached out, one is looking okay. Damn you pistol shrimp. Lesson learned. no corals on the sand bed near his domain.

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

LFS from a few hours away drove a mobile LFS into town today! Pretty friggin cool. Picked up a nice zoa colony, a $15 golden torch frag and a wicked Australian Alveopora frag.

Thats the good news.

The bad news.

When i reached in the tank to place the coral. The water was much much cooler than usual. Checked the temp. 75 Degrees!!! I run it at 79..... Crap. Turned heater up a bit, hoping the heater didnt crap out on me or im off to the store. Monitoring temp over the next hour or so to look for any increase. Fingers crossed.... will post pics of coral if and when they open up. Corals arent happy today.

Most corals won't be bothered by 75.

Might consider getting a simple controller for the heater, it's well worth the price considering a failure could cost you $$$$$.

• Like 2