inTank Media Baskets

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

I know that Cyano happens, I am not saying Bad Tank Care Sharbuckle, but, tbh, I am glad to see that I am not the only 1 with it.

I have seen threads about it, and I am doing my best to keep on top of it, as I am sure u are as well. Just Saying.

Thankfully, I have seen it mostly on my sand bed. Easy Siphon.

Mine came in on the octospawn coral.... Its sitting on the sand so easy removal but i'm running rowaphos and hoping the chaeto will help get rid of the source. Lights arent on too long and i most certainly dont overfeed so we shall see.

• Like 1

Mine came in on the octospawn coral.... Its sitting on the sand so easy removal but i'm running rowaphos and hoping the chaeto will help get rid of the source. Lights arent on too long and i most certainly dont overfeed so we shall see.

As the chit is our Bane, I am in the ring with ya. Hoping u can beat it down and out for the count! :owned::slap:

Finished my gurgle buster today, its a tiny bit quieter but not by much. I think maybe my pipe isn't long enough. Did a nice big water change today and everything looks happy. Haven't seen the shrimp goby in a few days, although it never leave the burrow. Pistol shrimp is making a mess of the sand under the right island. No big deal though. Not much to report other than that. ATO may be added next, looking at the Tunze Nano Ozmolator.

Oh and the tank is officially two months old today, 6 months if you count when it was a 16g.

I know I posted an FTS five days ago but another one cant hurt right?

image_35.jpeg

Thanks for looking. :)

• Like 4

Finished my gurgle buster today, its a tiny bit quieter but not by much. I think maybe my pipe isn't long enough. Did a nice big water change today and everything looks happy. Haven't seen the shrimp goby in a few days, although it never leave the burrow. Pistol shrimp is making a mess of the sand under the right island. No big deal though. Not much to report other than that. ATO may be added next, looking at the Tunze Nano Ozmolator.

Oh and the tank is officially two months old today, 6 months if you count when it was a 16g.

image_35.jpeg

The tank looks awesome! nice photo with your angel right in the center!

Looks good sharbuckle. I have the tunze nano. Seems to work sufficiently, but sometimes I have to readjust it. Kind of wish I just paid the extra and got the universal instead. my main worry is if I go out of town for more than a couple of days

Cencalfishguy56

image_35.jpeg

I have the smart ATO micro on my tank and love it, dont know if you have considered that ato or not but everything looks amazing man

The tank looks awesome! nice photo with your angel right in the center!

Thanks stella. The coral beauty is quite photogenic. Always hangs out for a good shot.

Looks good sharbuckle. I have the tunze nano. Seems to work sufficiently, but sometimes I have to readjust it. Kind of wish I just paid the extra and got the universal instead. my main worry is if I go out of town for more than a couple of days

Ill have a look into the universal. I go camping generally every week for one to two nights in the summer (which will be here soon in Canada) ... Hopefully, so I need something super reliable. I have been very impressed with Tunze's products so far so they were my first choice.

• Like 2

I have the smart ATO micro on my tank and love it, dont know if you have considered that ato or not but everything looks amazing man

Thanks for your continued support! Makes me happy that people are following along, isnt this hobby awesome?

Ill look into smart ATO. Definitely a must for the hot summer months up ahead. Ever since I installed the fuge the evaporation has doubled.

Also, the gurgle buster is more of a BUST than a buster. Its louder than before now, tried adjusting flow from return, didnt work. Ill try again next week when I have time.

• Like 1

Thanks for your continued support! Makes me happy that people are following along, isnt this hobby awesome?

Ill look into smart ATO. Definitely a must for the hot summer months up ahead. Ever since I installed the fuge the evaporation has doubled.

Also, the gurgle buster is more of a BUST than a buster. Its louder than before now, tried adjusting flow from return, didnt work. Ill try again next week when I have time.

I am really loving how your tank is progressing. It looks great and I also like seeing the angel in the center of your last FTS.

Have you thought about trying a reverse durso drain in the sump? Like you I had a lot of drain noise. I tried a diy hofer gurgle buster and it helped a bit but not enough. So I tried a reverse durso and it along with the hofer gurgle buster worked a lot. I still get an infrequent flushing noise but mostly a steady trickling noise which is pleasant. My sump is a 20L in my basement so the drain chamber is pretty big. It might not be an option if your drain chamber is too small. It was easy to make though and cheap.

I am really loving how your tank is progressing. It looks great and I also like seeing the angel in the center of your last FTS.

Have you thought about trying a reverse durso drain in the sump? Like you I had a lot of drain noise. I tried a diy hofer gurgle buster and it helped a bit but not enough. So I tried a reverse durso and it along with the hofer gurgle buster worked a lot. I still get an infrequent flushing noise but mostly a steady trickling noise which is pleasant. My sump is a 20L in my basement so the drain chamber is pretty big. It might not be an option if your drain chamber is too small. It was easy to make though and cheap.

Ill check out the reverse durso. Thanks!

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about them getting out of control. They're great snails and if you get too many, you should be able to sell them quickly because a lot of people want them in their tanks! One of my co-workers has had them spawn in her tank as well and it's a neat process. Thanks for sharing!

So my girlfriend says that something cool should live in the fuge... Any suggestions?

I put feeder shrimp in my fuge - they eat detritus and whatever settles in there and are fun to watch :)

• Like 1

I put feeder shrimp in my fuge - they eat detritus and whatever settles in there and are fun to watch :)

I have a damsel and zoas along with a bunch of macro. Only reason I did not want it in the display.

I like the shrimp idea.

• Like 1

I have a damsel and zoas along with a bunch of macro. Only reason I did not want it in the display.

I like the shrimp idea.

I definitely like stellas shrimp idea. Maybe a peppermint or camel or something.

• Like 2

Exciting news.

Long story short I bought a pair of binoculars at an estate sale for $4 CAD. Quick internet search and it turns out they're worth about $250 USD.

On ebay. Fingers crossed, daddy needs a new skimmer :)