Pod Your Reef

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Cencalfishguy56

Not sure why i'm telling you all this but I thought the foam that went around the overflow pipe was there for a reason, turns out its just packaging, took it off and its 50% quieter. Still getting a gurgle so I'm gonna make a stockman standpipe and give it a whirl.

looks good man, the plumbing really doesn't even bother me that I can see it, not to be a bother but can you take a pic of the inside of your sump i'm interested to see it in action!

looks good man, the plumbing really doesn't even bother me that I can see it, not to be a bother but can you take a pic of the inside of your sump i'm interested to see it in action!

Off to work at the moment, ill post a pic of the sump tomorrow, no skimmer yet. Just sand and return pump, gotta find a good fuge light and throw some macro in there

Your tank is really nice. I love it.

Thank you so much :)

Cencalfishguy56

Off to work at the moment, ill post a pic of the sump tomorrow, no skimmer yet. Just sand and return pump, gotta find a good fuge light and throw some macro in there

Thank you so much :)

no problem, I actually just ordered macros for my sump off of ebay, I have a finnex marine+ light ill use for my fuge right now but i think im gonna get an actual fuge light as well

no problem, I actually just ordered macros for my sump off of ebay, I have a finnex marine+ light ill use for my fuge right now but i think im gonna get an actual fuge light as well

Which macros did you order?

Cencalfishguy56

Which macros did you order?

it was a nano pack, included red razor, codium, it had caulerpa but since I live in california I switched it out for some chaeto, and also has dragons breath, total was $7.99 shipped

Danner Mag pumps have no problems with their outputs valved down - the same physics applies to the pump as if you were pushing more head height. The pump actually uses less power (and therefore less heat), as well :)

O wow, all these years I thought I could not throttle down my pump, ha ha! I was going to try and cut back its flow a little with a valve anyway, (because my drain make some noise too) so now I wont worry as much. I have had it since 2007. Mine is a Supreme Mag drive but I think they and Danner are pretty much the same, aren't they?

jedimasterben

O wow, all these years I thought I could not throttle down my pump, ha ha! I was going to try and cut back its flow a little with a valve anyway, (because my drain make some noise too) so now I wont worry as much. I have had it since 2007. Mine is a Supreme Mag drive but I think they and Danner are pretty much the same, aren't they?

Danner Manufacturing is the manufacturer, Supreme Mag Drive is the product line, I believe :)

• Like 1

Danner Manufacturing is the manufacturer, Supreme Mag Drive is the product line, I believe :)

Ha ha, then that explains why the pumps look exactly alike!

Well I went to get some salt and a temp probe today and ended up with a Flagtail Goby/Randalls Pistol pair. Pretty cool to watch them. Already have a burrow made on the right side of the tank. Perfect viewing spot from the couch.

image_30.jpeg

• Like 3

Well I went to get some salt and a temp probe today and ended up with a Flagtail Goby/Randalls Pistol pair. Pretty cool to watch them. Already have a burrow made on the right side of the tank. Perfect viewing spot from the couch.

image_30.jpeg

Nice score :)

I am waiting for our lfs to get a Pistol shrimp Goby pair in. Love watching how they interact.

Nice score :)

I am waiting for our lfs to get a Pistol shrimp Goby pair in. Love watching how they interact.

Love them already. Although the goby has taken full advantage of the shrimp and is just hiding in the hole, not keeping watch as it should lol

• Like 1

Looks like everything went well with the sump. Way to go!

Thanks! It all turned out pretty great. Im impressed. Next I gotta make a lid to make sure my new goby doesnt jump out on me!

• Like 1

Two days with sump running and the water is super cloudy... Nothing is fully extended, mushrooms look unhappy, what could cause this?

• Like 1

Two days with sump running and the water is super cloudy... Nothing is fully extended, mushrooms look unhappy, what could cause this?

My tank did the same thing when I added my sump. It was cloudy about half a week and then one morning it was perfectly clear. I was guessing a bacterial bloom. If you have any nitrifying products like Dr Tim's or in my case I used Seachem Stability every other day or so to help out compete whatever it is. It did not do wny harm to my livestock so yours should be ok too.

My tank did the same thing when I added my sump. It was cloudy about half a week and then one morning it was perfectly clear. I was guessing a bacterial bloom. If you have any nitrifying products like Dr Tim's or in my case I used Seachem Stability every other day or so to help out compete whatever it is. It did not do wny harm to my livestock so yours should be ok too.

I have some of this. Is it similar to stability?

http://aquavitro.com/products/seed.html

• Like 1

Not sure why i'm telling you all this but I thought the foam that went around the overflow pipe was there for a reason, turns out its just packaging, took it off and its 50% quieter. Still getting a gurgle so I'm gonna make a stockman standpipe and give it a whirl.

Because it makes me feel better about how long it took me to figure out my plumbing :lol:

Sounds like a bacterial bloom. I had one a few weeks ago. I ended up changing out the carbon, doing a water change and it cleared up. What dawn said is a great idea. It will diversify the bacteria.

• Like 2

Because it makes me feel better about how long it took me to figure out my plumbing :lol:

Sounds like a bacterial bloom. I had one a few weeks ago. I ended up changing out the carbon, doing a water change and it cleared up. What dawn said is a great idea. It will diversify the bacteria.

Changed out chemi-pure and my phosphate remover. Picked up a par38 bulb and reflector today. Adding chaeto tomorrow and water change. Hopefully does the trick.

Yes, it sounds pretty much like the same thing I would use it every other day or so until the tank clears up. I use the Stability after any aquascape changes or when when I do big WCs.

Cool. Ill give it a try.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Changed out chemi-pure and my phosphate remover. Picked up a par38 bulb and reflector today. Adding chaeto tomorrow and water change. Hopefully does the trick.

Cool. Ill give it a try.

sump looks good man!

sump looks good man!

Thanks!

Picking up some macro today.

Havent seen the goby or pistol since tuesday. Lots of burrows along the edge of the rock but cant see them. Hope they are doin okay.

Tank is less cloudy today, mushrooms are open again but some of the euphyllia is still quite reserved. Time will tell.

Added some chaeto and 2 pounds of live rocn. Bonus the live rock had a cool red mushroom on it. Broke it off and put it in display.

image_32.jpeg

Not opened yet but its quite large.

image_31.jpeg

• Like 2