Top Shelf Aquatics

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Strong light is no bobles cus it only blows up the bobbles to get more light to hit it so low light big bobbles, but flow has something to say too.

Thanks for the advice.

Well i think my aquascape i getting a little stale. Im going to remove the rock with the xenia on it as its starting to spread like crazy. Once its gone im going to mess around with some more rock and fill in the middle a bit more. Looking forward to something new.

Sharbuckle

First of all Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian homies!

I got free coral! Woooo, I wanted to get some more rock to fill in the middle and on this day an angel appeared. Saw on my local salty group that somebody was getting rid of a monti rock with a riccordea on it. Well I went and picked it up for FREE! Unfortunately the big beautiful monti broke apart in transit but its still quite large, the ric is huge and beautiful. I even got a free hermit crab, two green palys and some brittle stars! woop woop.

Oh the Montipora is my first SPS. Pretty pumped. Okay all thanks for looking.

Heres an FTS. I think it really fills out the tank nicely.

image2.jpg

Mushroom

image3.jpg

Red Monti

image4.jpg

• Like 4
Sharbuckle

Very cool! What camera?

Thanks for watching

iPhone 5. App called Wirecast, its pretty great.

My cleaner shrimp is harassing my anemone for food at this very moment, watch as it may meet its demise...

Sharbuckle

Make that 10 trochus.

On another note, picked up some Seachem Reef Glue. This stuff works pretty well so far. Mounted some of my zoas up front and my rics on a rock. Trying to keep the sandbed empty.

Ive got a few big accidentall frags of red monti from when i brought it home. Gonna glue them up high somewhere. Have a $0 coral budget for the next little while. Adopted a puppy! So gonna let this tank grow in. Excited to see it move forward.

Very happy about the new rock in the middle, dont have to mess with scape anymore.

Will post pics tomorrow. Pics of the puppy too!

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Make that 10 trochus.

On another note, picked up some Seachem Reef Glue. This stuff works pretty well so far. Mounted some of my zoas up front and my rics on a rock. Trying to keep the sandbed empty.

Ive got a few big accidentall frags of red monti from when i brought it home. Gonna glue them up high somewhere. Have a $0 coral budget for the next little while. Adopted a puppy! So gonna let this tank grow in. Excited to see it move forward.

Very happy about the new rock in the middle, dont have to mess with scape anymore.

Will post pics tomorrow. Pics of the puppy too!

do you dose man? Or just WC?
Cencalfishguy56

Strong light is no bobles cus it only blows up the bobbles to get more light to hit it so low light big bobbles, but flow has something to say too.

id say flow is the biggest factor, I've noticed tanks with a lot of flow have long tentacles while tanks like mine with moderate to low flow have bubbly tentacles, lighting makes more sense to be bubbly under intense light since they are more retracted while the opposite would hold true for stringy tentacles since they are reaching for light, just like coral, but now that you mention it I think flow plays the biggest factor

Just WC. 10% weekly.

nice! I do 20% WC a week, makes me hopeful haha
Sharbuckle

id say flow is the biggest factor, I've noticed tanks with a lot of flow have long tentacles while tanks like mine with moderate to low flow have bubbly tentacles, lighting makes more sense to be bubbly under intense light since they are more retracted while the opposite would hold true for stringy tentacles since they are reaching for light, just like coral, but now that you mention it I think flow plays the biggest factor

nice! I do 20% WC a week, makes me hopeful haha

Ive been debating on upping to 20%. Moved some corals around today. Going to keep an eye on growth for a month at 10% and than a month at 20%. Ill post observations

Sharbuckle

Few photos after I attached the broken monti in a few spots. Also glued zoas up front.

Torch with monti in background

image_57.jpeg

Alveopora

image_59.jpeg

Gold/Orange hammer. Hard to get true color in photo

image_60.jpeg

Zoas now up front on right rock. Flagtail goby.

image_58.jpeg

FTS July 4th

image_56.jpeg

Girlfriend with our new Puppy. His name is Jasper.

image_61.jpeg

• Like 3

Astinus you're too sweet lol. Thanks :P

lol! I Love the way it "Flows"...What is that Big White Fluffy thing? Is it a Pulsing Xenia?

lol! I Love the way it "Flows"...What is that Big White Fluffy thing? Is it a Pulsing Xenia?

Ya its pink pulsing xenia, way more pink in real life

• Like 1