Top Shelf Aquatics

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Even though its a sad day im pretty happy the new wrasse is out and about!

image_83.jpeg

Went and got 40lbs of rock today, was sitting in water but it smelled real bad. Needs some curing in a bad way. Threw a piece of nice and live rock in it filled it with water, threw in heater/powerheads and voila. Few months of curing should be plenty right?

image_85.jpeg

• Like 2

Love that Yellow Wrasse. :wub: I'd like to have a Wrasse or 2 but, our tank is Topless and I haven't gotten a screen

for it yet. That's down the road. :rolleyes:

Tank turned 361 days old today. 4 days from one year. Crazy how time flies....

Big news, we bought a house. We get the keys in two weeks. Lease isn't up until the end of November so we have a full month to move everything.

The plan. Move the 65 gallon to the new place on Nov 1st. Plumb it, fill it and mix the salt in it for a few days. When the salinity is proper, add in sand and rock. This gives me enough time to make sure it is quite cycled before I add my livestock at the very end of november.

Damn this is exciting!

Also,

Crappy FTS taken today

image_86.jpeg

Cheers!

• Like 5

Thanks ! :)

One year FTSimage_87.jpeg

Yippee and Happy 1st Birthday! The tank looks great and I am very excited about your move and transfer into the 65 gallon. You and I are reefing a similar path. You are upgrading a 29 gallon to a 65 gallon and I am upgrading a 36 gallon to a 56 gallon. I hope to have my 56 gallon wet by Halloween, so our time frame is also similar.

Yippee and Happy 1st Birthday! The tank looks great and I am very excited about your move and transfer into the 65 gallon. You and I are reefing a similar path. You are upgrading a 29 gallon to a 65 gallon and I am upgrading a 36 gallon to a 56 gallon. I hope to have my 56 gallon wet by Halloween, so our time frame is also similar.

Great news Dawn. Looking forward to your 56 build. I've got the whole month of november to move so the 29g is gonna move last. My hope is to have the 65g plumbed and running by the 2nd of Nov so I can just transfer livestock when I move the 29. Originally planned to keep the 29g running for 5 years, that was the goal.... Upgrading is just so damn tempting isnt it

• Like 1

Great news Dawn. Looking forward to your 56 build. I've got the whole month of november to move so the 29g is gonna move last. My hope is to have the 65g plumbed and running by the 2nd of Nov so I can just transfer livestock when I move the 29. Originally planned to keep the 29g running for 5 years, that was the goal.... Upgrading is just so damn tempting isnt it

Yes it is! I also originally meant to keep the 36 forever, ha ha. Who does that, right?

I have an easier road ahead than you because I am already in my house and my plumbing is already done. I am putting the 56 in the exact same spot as the 36 is currently. I have a dedicated circuit just for my tank. Its just a matter of taking down the 36 while simultaneously putting up the 56 - a piece of cake, LOL. Actually if one has enough brute cans and 5 gallon fish buckets, it really is not that bad. This will be my 3rd time at doing it and the first 2 went off without a hitch. Of course I did not have seahorses then.

Yes it is! I also originally meant to keep the 36 forever, ha ha. Who does that, right?

I have an easier road ahead than you because I am already in my house and my plumbing is already done. I am putting the 56 in the exact same spot as the 36 is currently. I have a dedicated circuit just for my tank. Its just a matter of taking down the 36 while simultaneously putting up the 56 - a piece of cake, LOL. Actually if one has enough brute cans and 5 gallon fish buckets, it really is not that bad. This will be my 3rd time at doing it and the first 2 went off without a hitch. Of course I did not have seahorses then.

Well best of luck with the transfer, i love the background of adam! Ill post the process on here so you guys can see me succeed or fail lol.

• Like 1

Hapy tankiversary! Good luck with the move and the upgrade, nothing like doing it all at once :)

Oh, and I love that little yellow coris wrasse. I may have to put one on my wish list for my 40g to replace the tanaka's that disappeared.

Well best of luck with the transfer, i love the background of adam! Ill post the process on here so you guys can see me succeed or fail lol.

Thank you for the well wishes and the compliment on the mural. Best wishes to you as well. Hopefully we both will have thriving new tank set ups by the Holidays!

• Like 1