Cultivated Reef

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Rut roh raggy!!

All is well. girlfriend is the best. Unplugged everything, plugged in powerheads and put apex in rice. Shes a keeper.

Wow, good thing she was home to tell you! Hopefully everything turns out ok!!!!!!

Good thing for sure. Apex is fine, all is plugged back in as normal. Dog was able to get behind because i had the 65g pulled out and started plumbing. Overlooked the fact that I have a 7 month old husky/shepherd .... Doh

• Like 4

Yes, the 29 did evolve into a beautiful tank and I understand why you feel a bit conflicted. I think that you will do fine with the transfer. I always add biospira to help with the mini cycle. I have done 3 transfers with softies and LPS and never lost coral over it. I would shake in my boots with sps however.

Good luck! I'm excited ot see what heppens with the new tank!

Thanks!! So am I. Off to get two small pieces of pvc and the plumbing will be finished tonight!

Good luck! PS: pictures please :D

Thank you! There will most certainly be pictures.

Yes, the 29 did evolve into a beautiful tank and I understand why you feel a bit conflicted. I think that you will do fine with the transfer. I always add biospira to help with the mini cycle. I have done 3 transfers with softies and LPS and never lost coral over it. I would shake in my boots with sps however.

As always thank you for the positive words Dawn. I can't get biospira here in Canada but have used an aquavitro product that is similar. I believe its called seed. Maybe I'll look into that. Luckily I dont have a ton of livestock to transfer. My euphyllia haven't been looking so hot lately so i'm hoping they adjust well. I had some brown jelly on my octospawn that killed about 6 heads...

• Like 1

Thanks!! So am I. Off to get two small pieces of pvc and the plumbing will be finished tonight!

Thank you! There will most certainly be pictures.

As always thank you for the positive words Dawn. I can't get biospira here in Canada but have used an aquavitro product that is similar. I believe its called seed. Maybe I'll look into that. Luckily I dont have a ton of livestock to transfer. My euphyllia haven't been looking so hot lately so i'm hoping they adjust well. I had some brown jelly on my octospawn that killed about 6 heads...

Back when I had euphyllia I had good luck but sadly the one coral that got brown jelly I was unable to save. I wonder if probiotics could help with brown jelly though?

Noooooo. I bought the wrong fittings. Arrrrrg. Well this build is pissing me off haha. Back to the store tomorrow. Transfer may not happen until mid-week now..

Noooooo. I bought the wrong fittings. Arrrrrg. Well this build is pissing me off haha. Back to the store tomorrow. Transfer may not happen until mid-week now..

I remember those days :( lol
  • Like 1