Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Hapy tankiversary! Good luck with the move and the upgrade, nothing like doing it all at once :)

Oh, and I love that little yellow coris wrasse. I may have to put one on my wish list for my 40g to replace the tanaka's that disappeared.

Tankiversary! Haha i love it. Thanks so much. The yellow wrasse has quickly become my new fav. So much fun. Plus he took care of my remaining nudi problem. Bonus!

Happy birthday, tank!

Tanks stella?

Happy 365!!! Your puppy is adorable.

Thanks so much! He sure is adorable, except for when he poops in the living room.....

Also! Thank you for all the love and support nano reefers! You guys make this hobby what it is. The support and advice I take from all of you keeps me and the tank going. Cheers, heres to many more years of reefing!

• Like 3

I think my rock is done curing for the 65g. Ammonia is reading 0, nitrite is reading 0, nitrate at 30ppm. Going to do a 50% water change today and again tomorrow and monitor nitrate over the week.

Moving this sunday and plumbing on the 65g begins!

• Like 3

I think my rock is done curing for the 65g. Ammonia is reading 0, nitrite is reading 0, nitrate at 30ppm. Going to do a 50% water change today and again tomorrow and monitor nitrate over the week.

Woo hoo! Good luck!

O boy O boy O boy! Exciting times!

Cencalfishguy56

video update for the channel?! :D

I totally understand Sharbuckle! That is also what my tank looked like when I was moving everything into the 56 gallon. A conglomerate of coral all over the bottom of my 30 gallon tank with a few leftover pieces in my 10 gallon. It was also a mess but as long as the livestock is happy then I was too.

Good luck with the plumbing, (and hopefully no leaks) and transfer. I can't wait to see the new tank up and running!

How did the move go?

Pretty damn well. Freaked out the whole time and the lights were a bitch to take on/off. No losses though, just some unplanned fragging.

• Like 2

Whew, I'm glad it went well!

Thanks! Me too...

Although I forgot to plug apex in... Just had a quick look at the tank and the male clown was swimming end to end super fast... A bit alarming, Realized i hadnt hooked up apex, stuck finger in and the water was super warm, apex hooked up and it was nearly at 83. Hooked up now and temp is already down to 82... Scary , hopefully nothing got too stressed.

• Like 1

Thanks! Me too...

Although I forgot to plug apex in... Just had a quick look at the tank and the male clown was swimming end to end super fast... A bit alarming, Realized i hadnt hooked up apex, stuck finger in and the water was super warm, apex hooked up and it was nearly at 83. Hooked up now and temp is already down to 82... Scary , hopefully nothing got too stressed.

Fingers crossed, but things should be OK, I had my tanks spike to 83 once when my AC went out with no problems.

I control my heater with the Apex, and I set the actual heater thermostat to a degree or two higher than the Apex set point. That way if there's an Apex problem it still won't overheat.

• Like 1

Ya know what, healthy and safe is pretty even if its not organised. You have time for all that. I say its lookin' good, and I know its gonna get better!

So true dawn! Thanks :)

still stunning man

Thanks my dude! I challenged you to that youtube challenge by the way lol. So get on it

• Like 1

Okay so my 65g will hopefully be getting plumbed in by monday. That being said, i'm going to have room for more fish.

I've wanted a flame angel for sometime but I miss my coral beauty so I may add a dwarf angel.

Which of the tangs are the smallest? I saw a yellow eye kole tang on liveaquaria and it said 70g. Think it would be happy in a 65g?

Any other suggestions please dont hesitate and let me know!!

Picked up aragonite today for the 65. Also a coral beauty. I know there is way too many fish in the 29g but its bigger than the tank he wouldve been sitting in sooooo...

• Like 1

Yes, my son kept a kole tank in his 60 cube and it seemed happy. All the dwarf angels can be pickers so watch them. I never had trouble with my coral beauty but I did have major trouble with a flame angel I once had. New fish are so much fun to think about! I adored my midas blenny. They are jumpers so make sure you have a cover if thats on the list.

Yes, my son kept a kole tank in his 60 cube and it seemed happy. All the dwarf angels can be pickers so watch them. I never had trouble with my coral beauty but I did have major trouble with a flame angel I once had. New fish are so much fun to think about! I adored my midas blenny. They are jumpers so make sure you have a cover if thats on the list.

My old coral beauty wasnt a picker. Always a risk, theyre soooo pretty though. Saw a bicolor angel. Looks really nice, lfs said he was most likely to pick though.