ReefCleaners.org

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

I am going to assume that hte RAF might have moved due to some stressful vibrations in my home... I mentioned the jack hammering, but she moved over a little. First thing I did when I groggily noticed her not being in her prominent location, was look at the power head. then I spotted her. She used to be in that area when I set the tank up 7 months ago, so it makes me wonder if it is a better spot for her.

Now there is an ugly open spot, but that spot was always meant for my zoas. I moved my gorgonian over to the side that as my rescues and favia because she was now touching it.

20160603_225636.jpg

• Like 2

I may have found an AEFW on glass nowhere near an acro. I removed it and trying to ID. it was rather large, but my acro seems unmolested - so I am looking at other possibilites.

This is cross posted.

I want to move it at some point, but I thought I would share my trumpet coral fighting it out with my lovely monti-cap

I was wanting to know, this is a 10 gallon fusion, does anyone know of where I can find a magnetic reef rock that would say be not much larger than 3 inches, the magnet on the other side can also get wet, so I can move this trumpet to one of the tank sides, but on something attractive? The trumpet can be moved, the monti cannot.

20160612_115648.jpg

I have removed the trumpet off the rock and have it in my frag tank until it hte putty hardens. Trying to do something that may not be super attractive, but hopefully will keep the coral from attacking the monti.

thanks. Its been holding up and the coral looks no worse for the wear. I was concerned about how much it slimed when I was attaching it.

let me see....

Before November: (when it was in the 1.5 gallon) I got the trumpet as a single head. In there is is about two - three.

IMG_20150731_185236.jpg

Around December

IMG_20160115_140421.jpg

it has gone from about 3 mouths to about close to 30 (hard to count) mouths in 7 months

• Like 1

Wow! I wish mine would have a growth spurt like that. You must be doing something right!

I almost want to say it's the light I used... Nanobox, because everything went nuts after that.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be taking photos later tonight, when its dark.

Lots of things have been stressing me out - not my reef tank - that has been a source of solace.

Just problems with dogs barking, being shut in due to balcony construction. just a nightmare of catastrophes last week.

So soon, pics...

July 1st 2016: Happy Canada Day! I will try to get a better pic in the morning. I forgot I had night time settings and things are closing up now.

1cc506d4-86e8-40cc-8cca-15db17e2c778.jpg

• Like 2
fishfreak0114

Happy canada day! I'm looking forward to fireworks tonight. As usual, your tank look great! :). I really like the trumpet on the mag rock.

• Like 1

RODI overflowed.... flooded my living room... soggy towels everywhere... everything is okay otherwise :3 I need a float switch

• 2 weeks later...

TFcon Weekend.

Weather has been incredibly hot and the Fan has been working hard to keep it cool. Very pleased with it so far.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

TFcon Weekend.

Weather has been incredibly hot and the Fan has been working hard to keep it cool. Very pleased with it so far.

What's TFcon?

Transformers Convention in toronto. =3 I get to meet frank welker <3 =3

I admit my tank may be having some issues due to the heat, its over 81, at night with fans on it. my Montipora has started to bleach... I am not oging to be around for four full days....

I just found something in the water that should not be in the water - stray current. the problem has been removed..... damage was done though