Top Shelf Aquatics

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

It seems to be eating a little now its settled in. Definitely eating. Although the pipette has to be up against its tiny maw - well not so tiny. it has a huge aft mouth.

• Like 1

Catching up on your thread- great FTS Loving that purple monti !!

Any idea of what that purple monti is? I was told l it could be a capricorn I had several tiny bits, I lost most due to RTN as the frags fell off their plug.(took me a while to get them home) I dipped htem, glued them onto the plug again, one fell off, I glued it to the rock and the other I moved off the rock to the rack. both are"massive" since I got them.

My gumdrop is taking food well. its little sides seemed pinched in. I suppose it was not getting much while at the shop, but it sure has made up for it. I am giving it a variety but it does ap pear to really like table shrimp. I am very glad it is eating well.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Any idea of what that purple monti is? I was told l it could be a capricorn I had several tiny bits, I lost most due to RTN as the frags fell off their plug.(took me a while to get them home) I dipped htem, glued them onto the plug again, one fell off, I glued it to the rock and the other I moved off the rock to the rack. both are"massive" since I got them.

My gumdrop is taking food well. its little sides seemed pinched in. I suppose it was not getting much while at the shop, but it sure has made up for it. I am giving it a variety but it does ap pear to really like table shrimp. I am very glad it is eating well.

Looks to be a Montipora capricornus. I was thinking Idaho grape but it's too bright of a color for it to be an Idaho grape. Your gumdrop is sweet! ?

It needs time to settle in. It was a fairly deep purp when I got it. not sure if I got any pics, then it browned after I got my light its adjusting now.

Poor quality, but mysis shrimp shots finally.

These shrimp are just teeming in my tank. I managed to get a pic of them while htey hung out with the float. I had one Female and one possible male. They are close to a centimetre in length. Maybe not even that.

I am planning on trying to capture some to seed my other tanks. I would very much like a supply of them.

Female. I think she is "saddled" since it seems her eggs are not where they are on the other female that hangs out by the BTA

7718bc60-22b9-4f7f-8ec9-21d7f936ac5b.jpg

Possibly male, and the female.

06b4f167-3b82-44ae-9aa3-36d3e1dd099c.jpg

Male

c265f5b0-3ccd-4ced-9d0b-9928912eccdd.jpg

• Like 2

Okay, I need to save some money for TFcon, AND in april a new Starscream figure will be coming my way - so I need to put cash aside for that.

So what is on my wishlist?

marc the shark has a powerbar in his sump area that has switches to turn off each thing - that is on my list. Not sure what it is called though.

1. Tunze Aquawind (Before Summer)
  2. Tunze Osmolator Nano (Around Summer)
  3. IM Ghost Skimmer (By year end)
  4. Avast Diaphragm pump (Around Summer)

(Current ATO and skimmer will go to frag tank.)

Ugh, I hate cycling tanks, it takes so looong... and my tank is just FULL of frags waiting to be moved.

• Like 2

I would need at least two since I have 8 things running. And that is french, how in the pit am I supposed to be able to read that :P

Can that one be hung on a wall?

• Like 1

March 28, 2016 12:00am

Water Change night. Lights are doing their last 15 minutes of ramp down for moonlights kick in.

It was a little more complicated/bumbling tonight. I dumped water on me, on the floor, dropped power cords(unplugged) into water... a right nightmare.

I cycled the water around tonight, full gallon out the 5 gallon, and a full gallon out the 10 gallon. I also moved the palythoas (easily replaced frags) to the frag tank, in spite of a .25% ammonia reading. those paly grow like weeds, so its no big deal if they keel over. (I hope they don't)

The mysid shrimp seem cross with me for having upset their territories in moving hte frag racks around. they DO seem to have territories or domains to occupy.

Anyway, I moved the frag racks about, the corner one I removed once more and put those frags into the tanks as I mentioned before. I tried to m ove the long rack, but it doesn't fir the other end of the tank, so it stays, but I did scrape off the glass on all three sides, leaving the back grungy. the small insect-creatures seem to enjoy eating the grunge - so let them eat grunge. I wish I had a better skimmer to deal with the overly dirty water.

I got a couple pics tonight. a(n) FTS, a zoanthid that chronically pisses me off, and my fluffy butt gorgonian "lola"

2bca2469-35cb-4639-b92e-9fc542520603.jpg

Lola as I call "her".

20160327_233126.jpg

It gets "sick" so fast, I do not know what to do with it.
20160327_233000.jpg

• Like 2
Marc.The.Shark

marc the shark has a powerbar in his sump area that has switches to turn off each thing - that is on my list. Not sure what it is called though.

Here's what I have....

http://www.amazon.com/ADJ-Products-PC-100A-8-Channel-Center/dp/B00KFZ98YO?ie=UTF8&dpID=31pLgBRNTcL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR135%2C135_&refRID=QHKZEEF6P094DBD0N7WN&ref_=pd_rhf_yaod_s_cp_2

• Like 1

I got a couple more pics today, from the other side of hte tank (I don't usually photo from that side, but hey, I scraped it down...

Two anthelia frags - AKA Mysid Shrimp playground.

20160328_152239.jpg

A blurry whatsit? Possibly Acan?

20160328_152332.jpg

BTA - now Named Eggbert <3

20160328_152839.jpg

Side across to frag rack.

20160328_152855.jpg

• Like 2

12:42PM March 30th, 2016

So, why are soldiers tired on April first?

Because they had a 31 day March!

Bad jokes aside, Hey!

I have been rearranging plugs around in my reef tank. I have been moving the palythoa plugs out to the frag tank, I mentioned that before - but this time I moved the original frag plug to the frag tank too. Last night at 5am, I removed the original frag plug of the Devils Armour and put on the frag rack in my display so it can recover, then I can Move it somewhere more suitable later.

I removed a colourful frag - with multiple morphs of zoas where the paly's used to be. The acans that were in my lower right hand corner have been moved to the middle left hand side of the tank, there is another acan - I think there. I want that to sort of grow out nice, its a bit shadier because of a trumpet hanging out above it.

I want to move the favia to a spot basically below the hammers, however, there is a mushroom I like is being a pest about coming up. It really has shrank since I put it there, and I managed to force it off. I don't think I can put a favia there because that is way too huge.I suppose the dendros can go back there.

I also found a tiny mushroom frag that flew off its rock and has joined my group of zoanthids.

SO my tank is a right mess right now.

83290001-41d9-49a9-a2af-3a4ca5a575db.jpg

• Like 3

April 1st 2016 FTS - 5 Months old.
1c236151-26d8-45f7-a4db-2612d791b2a3.jpg

Top Down Shot
3a5351dd-f010-4f11-a321-50fa434f5b3b.jpg

Fatalities Murders Suicide:
Firefish Goby

Tank Addition:
Gumdrop Croucher (In QT)
Acropora - Unknown

Nanobox Location: Durban South Africa (see sig)

Cool Discovery:
Mysid Shrimp population

DUMP:
20160330_193058.jpg

20160330_193532.jpg

20160330_193851.jpg

20160330_193921.jpg

20160330_193934.jpg

• Like 1

The top down is a really nice shot! Very nice Sunstar :)

You have a bit of everything in here I like it!

Also its actual colour, I did no adjustments. Nanobox has a great photo mode!

• Like 1

I forgot to mention, as I was getting my tank ready for FTS day, I had the hermits on the frag rack cleaning the algae fuzz off the plugs. the blue legged there does such an impressive job. I am thinking of naming it either Molly, or Edward. Molly Maid or Edward Scissor hands.

So while i was out, I picked up a pair of zoo med Stainless Steel tongs. I have been wanting a pair of long tongs for my nefarious purposes. Such nefarious things I can do nefariously.

My lone blue legged (The one I allow in my display) has finally figured out how to get to the frag rack. I put him there hte other day to now the lawn. I was wondering how he managed to get up there, and I saw him tarzaning across from the hammer to the zoa frag.

So while i was out, I picked up a pair of zoo med Stainless Steel tongs. I have been wanting a pair of long tongs for my nefarious purposes. Such nefarious things I can do nefariously.

My lone blue legged (The one I allow in my display) has finally figured out how to get to the frag rack. I put him there hte other day to now the lawn. I was wondering how he managed to get up there, and I saw him tarzaning across from the hammer to the zoa frag.

"saw him tarzaning across from the hammer to the zoa" This created a beautiful picture in my mind. Maybe I have weird luck, but I have at least 5 hermits in my tank and have had zero issues with them. Maybe those issues come later on?

• Like 1

Wasn't that I had issues with them... I suspected issues with them. I had 5 in total, they kept pissing off corals that were trying to recover. Tarzan here, I guess thats its name. is the smallest of the group, along with the scarlet legged which is left to keep things tidy. I was feeling with 5 they were too thorough in cleaning so not enough to go around.

It was possible hte hallowe'en took out my firefish, but i Love it too much so I would rather put him in the crab tank and enjoy them there. The crab tank has 3 hermits, two gorillas and one of them is super tiny, while the other is capable of pushing one pound rocks around. I guess I had too many and I am simply not letting them go. I like them.