Top Shelf Aquatics

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

It looks so great! Is the second to last pic a St.Thomas mushroom? I really want one of those :) I saw one on canada corals a while ago.

I have no idea. it looks like a yuma thats all bubbly. I got it from work, one of my rescues.

• 2 weeks later...

More Photos

11:56PM May 23rd

May 24th is tomorrow, that day I stickc myself into a hamster ball. Funny Story really.

May 24th 2010
my husband and I are out riding to hamilton area, through the red hill trail - we should do that again - we had seen snakes, other wildlife, it was really hot and we arrived at Albion falls. We locked up and walked to the ravine at the base of hte falls, being hot and nearly sick from sun, I go into the cold water and cool my core down - it was pleasant after the initial shock of ice cold water. I notice a crevice in the rocks and I am aware of it, but my foot slipped on a bit of algae slime and I slid into the crevice real hard, I am not light. so I get out, my foot is hurting, I bum my way off the rocks and limp to a dry stone where i sit down. My husband asks me if I want to explore a spot with him, and I tell him I am staying put. So after we are to leave and I have to wade through a stream, my ankle screams in pain at the cold, I hobble out of the ravine, and we ride home - 20km. my ankle has gone some spectacular colours and is amazingly swolen, so three days later I go get it X-rayed and I have indeed fractured it.

May 24th 2011.
I was on a mission of ATO. I was on my way out, at about 1pm to ride across town to pick up some parts in order to create my DIY ATO - It might actually be in my Nemesis Nano tank thread - that was the tank I was working for at the time. I am crossing the intersection on my light, on my bicycle, when a woman in a bright blue car was wanting to turn right on her red. Normally people are supposed to stop, look to ensure hte way was clear, but for some reason, I did not register on her radar. I was directly in front of her car when she pulled out and hit me. I screwed my knee royally.

So laws of three indicate I should have some other run - perhaps with a bus - but seriously. I am truely perturbed about going out that day. In canada May 24th is regarded as a holiday - or at least one of them closest to the date. May 23 was made the holiday. We celebrate a long dead queen. Most people hardly understand why we celebrate it. it gets called May Two - Four and most go out and get that much beer to guzzle.

But I spent this evening doing a good clean. I skipped my WC sunday night but it has been done, cleaned, syponed out the back - noted the growth of sponges. scraped the sides and the back a bit, pissed my gumdrop off by removing the frag rack to clean around it. it all looks good.

so a couple nice pics....

Look at those monties!
20160523_232626.jpg

Textures :3
20160523_233313.jpg

Paly and Zoa
20160523_233353.jpg

• Like 2

bit strapped for cash, still recovering from your gorgeous lamp. I need to get a proper fan for my tank.

Says I as I order a couple things online.

UP Aqua 2 Row Flexible Aquarium Cooling Fan -

Tom aquatic aqualifter dosing pump

Tom Aquarium Aqualifter Pump Holder

I still would prefer an avast pump, but for now, since I am ordering from reefsupplies.ca, I will go this route. Hopefully it will make it through the summer for me.

I went through route rather than order on Ebay for some sense of security, I want a product that won't necessarily burn my house down - but maybe that will solve the ants problem - and if I have problems with the product, its not terribly difficult for me to contact the company.

Current rigup.

2182ab9b-b276-48b9-8f74-98f8764b3ae5.jpg

• Like 3

I blew the fan. SO, husband is on a mission get a fan or die tomorrow night. In the mean time, he wants the big floor fan, but that is being put on my chair tonight and directed at the tank.

• Like 1

I bought a new table fan for my tank, at least until the tank fan arrives.

I am now looking for a new reserve tank.

Okay, that was startlingly fast. I ordered the fan wednesday night, wee am thursday morning. 10am thi s morning, Fed Ex drops it at my door.

Temp is down to 79.3F in a non air conditioned home on blasting hot days. heater is back on, filled my 2.5 gallon to see how far that lasts me on a weekend. I also have the aqualifter. I have not set that up yet.

• Like 1

glass is a terrible mess, so I took a fresh orange peel bent it and a llowed the orange oil to squirt onto the glass and used that to clean... very good results.

fishfreak0114

glass is a terrible mess, so I took a fresh orange peel bent it and a llowed the orange oil to squirt onto the glass and used that to clean... very good results.

Interesting, I've never tried that. It doesn't make a smeared mess?

it cleared it up nicely. I turned the peel skin side to glass and pinched it and it squirted the oil out. I Have a cleaner called orange apeel and its a concentrated orange oil - but expensive. I had streak problems before and it cleared it up n icely.

Hermit Crabs can survive for some period without their shell...

I had one in my frag tank that constantly got trapped under the frag rack. last time it did i couldn't find it, so I left it. today I found the crab picking at algae without its shell. entirely nude. so I went back into the frag tank, pulled it apart and found the shell. The shell was wedged under egg crate. Now with the hermit crab in an measuring cup, I placed its former home into it. the crab sprang to life ran over to the shell and hopped right inside. Its been curled up inside since, I assume its resting - I cannot imagine that being without shell has been anything but stressful, now it has protection it can rest.

• Like 3
fishfreak0114

It's funny how that is, a month or so ago I went to some tide pools and I found loads of shellless hermits! At first I couldn't figure out what they were :lol:

• Like 1

Bluefish did not want to co-operate with me tonight when I wanted to do some late night photo's vids of open corals. Irritating as hell because I want to do stuff while it is dark and not noisy. On top of this, I don't know if its me, or the server thing.

I had to reboot the phone to get it to work... what a butt.

My trumpet coral has sweepers out and is stinging the nearest edge of montipora. the monti is growing the other direction. I probably will be moving the trumpet soon.

Front tank shots of the month will be happening as soon as the tank wakes up. WOOT!

• Like 1

Happy 7th Month fusion 10!

Sorry I missed your 6th, but I was in sort of a strange place. Although its not much better now, we got jack hammers! I worry my tank might explode when it gets to our level.

93aa1582-759a-440d-90ae-606dd7f1df10.jpg

Fatalities Murders Suicide:
NONE!

Tank Addition:
At the start of May I added the Gumdrop

Equipment Addition:
Toms Aqualifter (temp until I get the avast)
Aqua World Cooling fan

Nanobox Location: Durban South Africa (see sig)

Summer-like weather hit hard and fast. Not two weeks before we had snow, now we have weather pushing 30°c and my tank temp shot the hell up to nearly 85. I tend to panic. So I order a fan from Reefsupplies.ca and within 2 days it was at my doorstep. The temperature has been hovering around 78.5 and 79.5. Heater is back in and everything looks relatively happy.

• Like 4