Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

fishfreak0114

The tanks looking great :). Love that it's packed full. Are the Zoas in the first pic of the dump kind of towards the back orange/purpley, sunny d's? They're stunning. And OMIGOSH Eggbert! :wub:

Sk8n Reefer

Tanks looking great- ya I have those power strips mounted in my electrical box - ck out the 1st pages of my 50 thread - I show them mounted in the box

So I went to bed early, and then I hear squeeling of car tires, sirens and I leap out of bed shouting! Police chase! I practically trample my husband as I charge to the window. I get there and say "OMG guns drawn guns drawn, paul check this out!!!" they coaxed the driver out and arrest him. But wow. Never gonna sleep now. I am wired!

a8c33c3d-3e05-4f49-8db4-bfbe0afb678c.jpg

Cross posted in lawns lounge

I know I use Starscream as my avatar, he's just hero worship for me (anti-hero) But maybe I should explain part of WHY I like him.

first of all outwardly he is a jet. A fighter jet. F-15 eagle. In later series and universes he is also a F 22 Raptor, harrier jet... I love jets and aircraft. I love birds too. If it flies I am probably in awe of it. I love aircraft used for warfare because they are quite often extremely sleek, and extraordinarily sexy. Beautiful, Powerful machines that probably easily fulfills this woman's idea of a suitable strong hunter.

So my gushing of aircraft aside, Why Starscream? Why not Decepticons Skywarp, or Thundercracker. Or even Autobot Powerglide or Skyfire/Jetfire?

Starscream has been a main character, there are few episodes where he isn't present. He is a flawed character, and a character who actually suffers a lot of harm from his superior. That is not a hero trait, but he wins sympathy points. He probably is a bit of a jerk too, but give me a moment. He does seem to get himself into a lot of trouble, but he is also extremely observant, and cunning. I have often felt his "dumb" actions are simply calculated moves to cause people to under estimate his ability. It would make sense. If he appeared stronger or smarter, Megatron might choose to dispatch him.

He makes his move, and Megatron returns to beat some sense into him. But they key thing to me is that no matter what hurt or harm he suffers, he tries again. He even gets killed, comes back as a ghost, determined to regain his body and try again for his goal - being a leader or a ruler. Starscream is the "I think I can" He has his dreams and goals and never gives up on them. Even when he is really down about himself and his image(Starscream's Brigade) he talks himself out of his pit and comes around. I admire that. He sticks to his guns.

For me, I have been in a deep pit of bleh in the past Quite recent actually. I have not been abused, Although I have had it to the teeth with people telling me what I am capable of (Highschool Teachers,I am glaring at you). So I have my own goals I have my own plans. I want to get reef profile of the month one day. I think I can. I know I can. And I like challenges. I love to challenge myself. Thanks to Starscream, I managed to get over a developing fear of heights. I was fine in aircraft until I was forced on a roller coaster I didn't want to go on. The following day the flight I had had me in a panic. took a while, but If Starscream can fly, so can I. Now I hang off the CNtower doing edge walk without so much as a shudder.

So we come to my Name. Sunstar. My name is a fan character of transformers. She is a Seeker (jet)Unlike a lot of fan characters, she is not the girlfriend of Starscream, She is a low rank worker, works in the underbelly of the Decepticon base, basically the Pumprooms (maybe its a sump) She appears to be a foreman down there. She is a background character who Starscream would not bat an eye at sending into a suicide mission. However if part of the base is breached and water floods in (this is the nemesis)She is there with her crew to seal it up.

So what does Sunstar look like? I have been told Flying Grape soda. She is blue, plum purple with a mauve glass cockpit canopy. Yellow/gold and white/silver wingstipes. This is very old artwork. I coloured it, Equanimity drew it.

sunstar-equin2.jpg

• Like 1

WC night.

Lovely. I was going to save some money this week by not buying anything, but I had to go to the coral reef shop to get that hydor I was looking at. Its not the ATO I wanted. I was more interested in the micro smart ATO.

Why did I get it? Well at some point my ATO turned off and did not want to come on. the water level was down quite a lot. I shook the float and it turned on but then would not turn off. So I need to pull it apart and figure out why.

I am suffering migraines over the past few days. I need to WC the gumdrop's tank but that is dependant on if I can nap off a bit of this ache.

I have been tweeking the ATO.

Last night I set it up but it filled too fast and over filled. So I turned it off and decided I would deal with it in the morning.

I cleaned the top off water tank out. It was a bit, how do I say... gross.

I have it off right now as I have lowered the ATO into the water - so the alarm is firing. Not bad. Not bad at all. Once I get it tweeked and working for a while, I will give a review.

I am the king of the Acro, you are the whimpy macro.

430e511e-30c5-4aa4-968c-45f5b3e6bd26.jpg

• Like 3

That's a great picture! How are your feeling? Migraine gone?

I am hesitant to say yes. It might be subsided, or it might be gone. I thought it gone before and it surged back. I had it since friday. Its been an unpleasant four days. I have beer in the fridge I bought thursday but have yet to drink - because I want to enjoy it, not just drink it. On top of this, they are doing renovations in the unit above...

Looks like the little dude has a Hitchhiker or 2..Some small Tube worms. :o:huh::lol:

It has about three. its really quite pretty.

Another look. It Looks like the Snail has Satellite Antennae. Maybe he has Satellite TV in his shell?

It would be very shellfish of it if it did and did not share with me. (heeermit)

• Like 2

lol!

I Do hope that ur Migraine subsides! They are a BITCH! Shar just went to ER the other night because of 1.

I am not a DR. BUT, U should talk to ur Doc about Medicines.

Imitrex

Zomig

fioricet

Depakote.

Those have worked for me in past.

Of course I always try the OTC route 1st.

Excedrin Migraine Works...At the Best, it works well and the very least, makes the headache bearable.

• Like 1

I take almotriptan (Axert) Imitrex reacts adversely with me so we don't get that.

When the weather is the trigger, I don't bother with the big guns - particularly a bad system like we just had - because its only temporary because the migraine will return. I can't justify taking a 20 dollar pill for a problem that will return as soon as its effects wear off. Insurance covers it but, still. I have a very finite amount of them.

edit, scarlet has 4 feather dusters

• Like 1

It's good to know ur Triggers. Also good to know ur reactions.

For me, I can't take Tramadol! (Pain) Gives me real nasty Migraines! Hospital grade Migraine.

Aside from Weather, keep a diary of ur food. Some foods can trigger a Migraine. For me, Tomatoes.

It's good to know ur Triggers. Also good to know ur reactions.

For me, I can't take Tramadol! (Pain) Gives me real nasty Migraines! Hospital grade Migraine.

Aside from Weather, keep a diary of ur food. Some foods can trigger a Migraine. For me, Tomatoes.

I have isolated pretty much all of my triggers. I do not have any actual foods that appear to cause it.

Red wine does (depending on amount more than a glass and I am at risk)

I keep a migraine log, since I have isolated pretty much all triggers, I am trying to determine what is it about the weather that sets them off.

Where I generally do not like how this guy usually does his videos, this vid is not bad. Actually this video explained some things that I did not find/understand before.

Particularly about how magnesium operates.

Yep, I love research on my days off.

My alkalinity was low. I am almost out of Kent Marine Pro bugger dKH.

Does anyone recommend a product outside of kalkwasser?

sorry, I burned my hand on a fry pan earlier in the week.

So, water change night. I did it, got through it. Hand is okay

but I got this weird algae on the glass. Its nowhere else - as far as I can tell. Just on the glass. Not on the frag racks, rocks, or sand. Just the glass. I scraped it off and all the tiny shrimp grabbed the scrapings and started to dart all around with them. Was rather comical. I got a few shrimp in the WC water, but I put that straight into the frag tank. A couple shrimp were gravid and I am trying to make a backup colony.

Anyhow, things are looking better, with exception to this mysterious algae on my glass.

• Like 1

Waterchange Night.

A few things to note. One I am tired out of my mind. My bird has been waking me up at crack of dawn because it wants to cuddle. It wants to cuddle because he is actually is female and is going to lay an egg. Not to mention that when I decided to take a hot bath tonight the little flying moron decided to nuzzle the crap out of my tank top and burrow into it. The bird does this for some reason. It loves my clothes. It goes into the laundry basket just to preen my socks, or underware, or whatever. Its a pigeon. I love it to death... anyway, I digress.

Tank. I have been Quiet lately - been playing a game too much called Creativerse, so been playing that and been watching the masses of tiny shrimp dominate my tank. Its a full on infestation. AN infestation of fish food - how grand is that, my Coral Croucher will have plenty to eat. I scraped down the glass during my waterchange and the shrimpies grab the scrapings and swim off with it in crazy spirals.

I am still combatting ants, and I had to once again, spray in teh direct vicinity of my tank. this time, I wrapped the tank in plastic wrap, disconnected and removed the Hydor powerhead, disconnected, and removed the skimmer air pump (which is new btw), rolled up and wrapped up the airline hose, taped the plastic down, covered with a towel, covered the light with a towel. I removed the Hydor ATO as it appears the damned ants are behind the wall where the screw comes in. So I inserted the nozzle into the hole, and sprayed into the wall. They are coming for the fresh water. Things seem Okay, no apparent deaths.

GSP is going nuts on the back wall, My Alk is up to normal now, mag is up to normal. Green Hair was spotted on a rock, but tarzan is there having breakfast - or a late night snack. I htink he moulted as I did not see him for a few days, but I spotted him on teh frag rack this morning mowing the plugs. Hermit Crabs really do a good job with that. I am very pleased with mine. I did scrape and syphon off the GHA.

I have seen Coraline starting in spots along some of the newer rocks, the back glass and on the frag rack. - I am pleased to see this.

My gorgonian is seemingly growing a new branch and my Montipora is getting bigger each day. I added in an orange monti last week. Stuff is filling in well.

Well two weeks from now will be its half year mark. My wedding anni will be its full year. wish us luck.

Just having a bitch of a time getting my alk up.

Anyway, in spite of the weird alk issue - things are growing beautifully. Thanks dave for the light <3

last week I increased the power of the skimmer by adding to it a Fluval q.5 Air Pump. I am getting significantly more foam now - and actually getting skimate.

Top Down

20160419_153652.jpg

Look at that purple monti. Its grown so amazing and when I got it back in december. I am so pleased

20160419_153422.jpg

Pretty Much a years growth on the trumpet. It was barely two heads when I put it in last November, the thing just went nuts.

20160419_153413.jpg

Less than attractive frag rack, but look t that monti. the fluffy stuff which could be a GSP (or encrusting gorg - very slow growing) and toadstool, plus the mushroom invfront of the dendro and the big leather thing - are all work rescues . Please note the GSP growing on the back. You should see the tiny shrimp things darting around, its amazing.

Eggbert!

20160419_153356.jpg

I wish it would do the Bubble thing. But it is alive. Happy and alive, unlike its sisters/clones. I really love it. Don't like the eggcup, but it seems to be happy to be in it.

20160419_153320.jpg

Not a good FTS. I moved the pretty bright orange zoas down itnto the front garden. The blood red micro-carpet has perked up. Most of the zoas would be on the rock where the RFA is seated. sorry about the blurry front, I did not scrape down that far - maybe later.

I am trying to upload more pics but I am having some problems. I will post them soon.

• Like 1

IG?

20160419_171014.jpg
Zoa garden looking wonderful.

20160419_170934.jpg
Tarzan, pissing off the hammers while trying to get to the frag rack. (edit hit enter prematurely)

• Like 1