Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

They are amazing at finding tiny openings in tank covers. Seems like this happens to a lot of people :(

Here's a link to the thread for the Smiz tops: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/364554-custom-acrylic-tops-tank-toppers/

Thanks. I keep losing it... Oh did I mispell that commonly used phrase for the weakened link in a chain mail suit? seems it was censored... wasn't intending to have anything profane.

My firefish decided to jump ship while I was out for 3 hours.... Not even. found it on the floor by my desk.... simply put, it got through a tiny space in the lid. How aggravating.

Teeny beat me to the link. I'm sorry to hear about your firefish. I was certain I was going to find pink streaked jerky one of these days. I feel a lot better with the new lid on because I have no gaps at all around the lid and glass. Fish are very determined to get out of the tanks sometimes even when you have 99.99% of the tank covered. :(

Thanks. I keep losing it... Oh did I mispell that commonly used phrase for the weakened link in a chain mail suit? seems it was censored... wasn't intending to have anything profane.

#####? Hmm it appears it is censored because it is a derogatory name that people have used to describe Chinese people.

• Like 1

Teeny beat me to the link. I'm sorry to hear about your firefish. I was certain I was going to find pink streaked jerky one of these days. I feel a lot better with the new lid on because I have no gaps at all around the lid and glass. Fish are very determined to get out of the tanks sometimes even when you have 99.99% of the tank covered. :(

#####? Hmm it appears it is censored because it is a derogatory name that people have used to describe Chinese people.

I actually forgot that word was used that way...

• Like 1

I am testing a theory.

When I bought my egg crate it called it styrene .

Which means hobby glue should be sufficient to weld two parts together. I got some scrap bits I have stuck to each other, just going to get it set and see how well it bonds.

• Like 1

As long as I can get a tight contact between pieces, the non-gel superglue seems to work fine and bonds almost instantly. But I've had better luck with the gel just because it fills gaps. But it has to sit longer to set up.

I had to kick the anemone out the tank, s he decided to move and was standing on my favia. I did not want her getting some where I didn't want her. So she is in with the crabs, hopefully she is okay there. I am setting up the frag tank very soon. I have been cleaning out the AC110. She is to remain in that tank.

• Like 1

Frag Tank Progress.

I spent the day cleaning hte AC110. I intend to keep live rock in the AC110

This a new tank, I threw the cracked one out.

I have a lid, I have the lamp, which I would like to get placed a little better, I have some egg crate.

I am pondering HOW I want to set up the Frag tank shelves.

I will cross post this post shortly. It is probably going to get a small build thread.

ignore hte ugly, I am going to use plasti-dip on the back.

20160313_010206.jpg

• Like 3

Okay, so I started a new - ultra boring thread. One for my frag tank. I mean frag - what is going to be spectacular about a frag tank. its going to be loaded with round plugs with dying - err growing things on it. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/371666-nemesis-frags-those-fragging-decepticons-frag-build/

And tonight was WC night. I am seeing dozens of tiny shrimp-things scooting up and down the back wall of my tank. my PH and alk feel lowish. I added alk this afternoon before work so I don't shock it when I add my Fresh mix in. Alk was reading 7.7.

I suppose, I should add a doser to my list... >.>

I am trying to get a good pic of this, really I am. I have three One is lost to a place between rocks, another is on a bit of shell, and this one is on the frag rack looking floppity or floopy.

I think its so weird.

ca66d98c-aacb-4ef3-aa6a-4602ddece36c.jpg

• Like 1

I took some after lights out pics of a couple of my corals.

Dendros actually look nice :3

20160318_005941.jpg

20160318_005919.jpg

I work on getting better pics.

• Like 1

19th of March 2:02 am

- although basically this started on the 18th, I am sick.

I feel... like a limp- over cooked noodle.

I feel like a limp, over cooked noodle with a twerking spider in one nostril causing me to sneeze, or want to sneeze constantly, whilst the other nostril likes to LOL bleed on me.

Someone suggested to me that I increase humidity in my home. LOL, as if 8 bodies of water is not enough to make my home humid. My home is not the issues sweethearts, its work. its standing over stoves and grills - where it is hot and dry.

I rode to work and felt like dropping into a ditch and sleeping. at work, waiting for shift to stop, I felt like a limp fish out of water. While on shift I was doing dumb stuff, and finally asked to leave. I feel like hell right now, I will probably stay home tomorrow.

SO frag tank just needs filling. I am going to take the AC11o filter lid to mothers, and dremal a hole in the top, get some glass cut and silicon it in. that way I can have a window in case I throw chaeto in there. I want to grow pods/mysis as I may be needing a good supply for a new Nemesis III inmate attempt.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/371666-nemesis-frags-those-fragging-decepticons-frag-build/?p=5293752

With that said, I have been working on the 5 gallon I intend to use as a QT. I don't want the QT running permanently, but I will keep live rock in the frag tank to port over when I need. I might elect to keep the air driven filter in the frag tank with some sponge, to keep it live too.

So new inmate....Gumdrop Croucher. Not the fancy, but so adorable. Apparently he is not eating, but I am pretty sure they are not target feeding it. I mentioned the target feeding, so they might be doing that now, if not, it will get a mix of live and frozen from me. Its a risk I am going to take, hence the absolute importance this time around to get the QT running so I can determine what its issue is.

here of some of my night pics... hope these are better than yesterday's I was trying to reduce brightness.

Dendro!

20160319_011650.jpg

Pinks in that Yuma...

20160319_011701.jpg

My new acropora

20160319_011721.jpg

My montipora

20160319_011735.jpg

Retracted for the night hammers - look at all the splitting! I started with ONE head.

20160319_011805.jpg

Dendro Frag. I tried to frag the dendro before, the day I got it. mangled it. I was surprised the beig dendro survived and healed, even more so these frags healed and became their own entities. I would sell the big dendro for cost.

20160319_011835.jpg

"Lola" my gorgonian.

20160319_011845.jpg

That is my photo dump for the night.

• Like 1

March 20th 2016 Water Change day...

Its nearly been a month since I have had the Nanobox running, and what a month it has been!

I have had some hair algae growing on the back, but that is out of reach of my hermits. I will be taking my razor to that tomorrow. I will dump that into my crab tank - mostly because I have seen mysis hanging around in it. I want to seed my other tanks with populations of mysis. Live food. The things are wild, booting around hanging out mostly in my anthelia frags.

So my husband got me some blades, that I attached to a chop stick to use as my scraper. It works well, is relatively cheap and works good for my nano sized tank.

I have set up a Quarantine tank for the Gumdrop. I should have it cycle, I realise, but I will step up my display water changes and transfer water directly to it for the intern. So my plotted Water cycle will be...
Display -> QT -> Frag -> Crab -> Toss. I am debating on if i should keep the QT running or not. I have been researching QT systems. Right now the purpose is so I can see what/if the gumdrop is eating.

The frag tank, I am going to try to cycle a bit. Any uneaten food from the gumdrop will go into the frag tank. Oh, and I have an old bag of chemi-pure on its last legs which I will put into the QT as that should have a good complement of bacteria. Not to worry, I will keep an eye on things

Corals have been very photo genic, I have a new FTS, but its not my offical monthly one. New one is gonna be april 1st.

SO Photo Dump V2.

What a Mess...This is why the frag tank exists. te h strange shelf in the corner is actually an anemone prison. If I think she's gonna move, I slip the egg cup in there. That only lasts until my husband makes me feel bad about it.
b959c425-595b-4d9e-b85e-eb5a9abca0eb.jpg

The bubbly flubbly riccordia Yuma and its itty bitty baby. (one of my work rescues) It has a load of pinks in it.
20160320_215612.jpg

dd062945-c789-4aba-981a-b9f21076d673.jpg

Dendros saying FEED ME NOW SUNSTAR!
20160320_215700.jpg

The full Montipora. :P It went brown briefly then seemed to find a sweet spot. I suppose it had to adjust to the WOW light.
20160320_215707.jpg

Baby toadstool from work rescue.
20160320_215712.jpg

Aweful lot of green paly. I will be trading some of those in I think soon.
20160320_215735.jpg

Purple ribbon top down
20160320_215746.jpg

Riccordia from the top down and an errant zoanthid - now attached to a frag plug
20160320_215753.jpg

Leather - Work rescue. It really shrinks down to a little hard nothing much.
20160320_215859.jpg

My Pretty Acan
20160320_215913.jpg

Blastomussa, started out as one head... now is a whole Bunch!
20160320_220440.jpg

Devils armour? They are like that because the rock flower shades them. I want to frag them when I get the frag tank cycled.
20160320_220512.jpg

Sunny D's - I desire to frag off a few heads.
20160320_220520.jpg

So that is a photo dump,

As the lights dim down, everything starts to extend. I have been watching my trumpets with happy feeder tends, and the dendros are all thrilled to be alive. Hammers are retracting, acans are extending, and soon the favia will be as well. I am really happy with how the light has brought out the colours in that favia again. It never looked as good in my tank as it did in the shop, now it looks great. Thanks Dave!

• Like 4