Cultivated Reef

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

Not the best photo - never are..

My September 1 Picture -

I have had issues, likely light (as in not enough) and heat issues... I am attempting to rectify this.

edee86e0-f87b-4cd4-8b57-421c971fdd08.jpg

• Like 3

September 7th (already?!)

I am starting to adjust my reef lighting. I had it set rather low and things were not diung as well as perhaps they should have - could also have been the heat. Right now I have a heat spike yet again, as another heatwave slides in to roast us silly.

I have been veyr tired lately. lots of renovations going on inside and outside our apartment. early wakeups due to drilling hammering, jack hammering

super late n ights due to dogs barking.

I am back to doing twice weekly waterchanges. I was doing it once a week, but i think I need to do it twice.

anyway, too tired to type. ni ni.

• Like 1

OMG, come on already.... I was hoping my clwns were ready to move to my display and still a week to go.

Correction: That was 4 weeks ago, they have cleared Quarantine then. I checked my posts and I got the clowns august 7th and it is now september 9th, so they will be added soon.

I found wedding tulle works as a scrubby for the glass. I had it over anemones in the past.

I am doing a smaller water change tonight and then another larger one on sunday/monday.

• Like 1

So last week one of my BTA clones got mangled in the filter. I took her out and she is recovering. I was just getting ready for my water change and I found a tiny BTA In the filter on a media bag...

cool.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid of turning the light up. If you want I can go remotely and adjust for you.

The difference with the NBR line is I do not use optics. This really helps when turning the schedule up.

-D

• Like 3

Don't be afraid of turning the light up. If you want I can go remotely and adjust for you.

The difference with the NBR line is I do not use optics. This really helps when turning the schedule up.

-D

Yeah, what he said :D

• Like 1

I noticed a small amount of white inside the mouth of my clown - the largest - I want to know what level of concern I should have.

Return to the QT (the pair of them?)

edit: will monitor. I just fed them with some food mixed with garlic, pounded to a pulp and the white material - whatever it was has vanished. In under 10 minutes. so maybe something was stuck inside?

Made Chili powder last night and included two ghost peppers. There is simply not enough heat. Gonna make a batch off ghost pepper powder.

edit: sneezing brains out. ghost pepper oils and powder in air. HELP!

• Like 2

One tiny Skunk Cleaner Shrimp - We'll call him Moustachio for now and a Anemone Crab, no name for now.

They followed me home. What happened is htey jumped in bags that fell into my insulated bag and they then hopped out, and jumpped in my tank after a while. Now they are chillaxing.

and as per usual 100% crappy pics!

e476c8c3-affe-42f0-8c31-c73a7d498f3c.jpg

ce1bf040-338f-4177-a927-553c2477c696.jpg

Oh and my single head of trumpet coral... and single head of hammer coral... (although there are two hammers, I am talking about the lighter one was a single head when I got it.

20160924_164017.jpg

20160924_163935.jpg

• Like 3