Top Shelf Aquatics

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

Finally after about 2 months, my Light is up to where I want it - as per TeenyReefs Suggestion.

Since I did increase my lighting, I have seen improvement.

Everything looks happier. <3 Thanks a Bunch TR!

I'm glad things are going well!

November 28 2016 (where is the time going)

11:05pm

I decided to do some adjustments to my display. The old GSP rock has not been so pretyt lately (mostly due to shading) and I removed it. it was attached to teh rock flower - or rather she was attached to it. so I had to put the pumps on her to coax her off in a hurry. Jazz, the anemone crab was not impressed that I took her out, but as soon as I got her back into the tank, he was inside of her within 5 minutes. I don't think she has even put her foot down.

my birdsnest I got as a freebie, had to be fragged as it fell off its rock. One bit is in teh frag tank for now, the other bit is in the display, I will get it into the display for healing. The light is better in my display. Almost makes me want to get another nanobox dua - but I really cannot afford it at this time.

So its very empty now where the GSP rock was, but I think in the end, this will be better.

• Like 1

December 1st 2016

Last FTS of 2016.

This past month I did some major reorganisation.

I removed my GSP rock, enough has grown up the back to make me happy. I moved my leathers out due to them just becoming too large. currently all of that is in my frag tank.

Front tank shot:

1026ae4e-a660-4812-9d85-3d025fb6575e.jpg

Top Down Shot

ca5d1356-c6bc-449a-b8a6-5aa97597cc84.jpg

Marvellous Trumpet Coral

818300d4-b758-4f2b-8955-79eea2be5b01.jpg

all hte pics show one thing - I need a skimmer.

I tried but the Reef Octopus did not fit. Almost did, but almost does not get the job done.

• Like 3

Hey Sunstar, your tank looks awesome! What is the pink gorgonian in the front left of your front tank shot? So pretty and fluffy! I'm looking for something like that for my 5 gallon softie tank.

Hey Sunstar, your tank looks awesome! What is the pink gorgonian in the front left of your front tank shot? So pretty and fluffy! I'm looking for something like that for my 5 gallon softie tank.

I believe it is called a corky finger gorgonian.

I just realised it is growing a new branch nub at the base :3

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

December 1st 2016

Last FTS of 2016.

This past month I did some major reorganisation.

I removed my GSP rock, enough has grown up the back to make me happy. I moved my leathers out due to them just becoming too large. currently all of that is in my frag tank.

Front tank shot:

1026ae4e-a660-4812-9d85-3d025fb6575e.jpg

Top Down Shot

ca5d1356-c6bc-449a-b8a6-5aa97597cc84.jpg

Marvellous Trumpet Coral

818300d4-b758-4f2b-8955-79eea2be5b01.jpg

all hte pics show one thing - I need a skimmer.

I tried but the Reef Octopus did not fit. Almost did, but almost does not get the job done.

You said you had an AC110? A Tunze 9001 will fit in there.

I believe it is called a corky finger gorgonian.

I just realised it is growing a new branch nub at the base :3

Thanks, I'll check it out. I think KP Aquatics has gorgonians.

My red montipora got overwhelmed and shadowed by the big purple one, so I fragged what I could and got it on plugs. I am even trying a bit of graft between the purple and red... maybe get autobot and Decepticon monti :P

• Like 2

Cross Posted:

I got my Gift from my Not-so-secret-santa. I hope she got hers.

Thank you Merthynia. Where did you get all the awesome small goodies? And the one thing you sent me, had you sent me only that, made my year. The algae Scraper. I SO SO SO need that. I managed to scratch my glass with a razor, and this is absolutely Perfect.

20161212_132358.jpg

Thanks a Bunch for exchanging with a Canadian Friend.

Now I am gonna try out my scraper! Squee!

• Like 3

Talk is looking wonderful! Great job!

-Dave

thanks to your magnificent light.

I may eventually order a dua. I keep telling everyone in canada to get one. they're amazing.

• Like 1

while I was cleaning my glass, my forearm happened to brush against the trumpet. I received a sting. ran it under hot water. It has blistered. (not from the hot water, from the sting itself.

first time ever coral sting.

while I was cleaning my glass, my forearm happened to brush against the trumpet. I received a sting. ran it under hot water. It has blistered. (not from the hot water, from the sting itself.

first time ever coral sting.

That's interesting, I've never been stung by any of my corals, and I have to admit I rarely even think about it.

The evil murderous clowns are another story...

fishfreak0114

I didn't know trumpets could sting people. I think I've been stung before by my hammer or something but very weekly, when I finished cleaning my tank I had a small rash like patch.

I am ordering some stuff while it is on "sale" I found a few things I have been watching posted as if on sale but actually is not.

Innovative Marine 200 Micron Filter Sock - DeskTop

Black Flexible Vinyl Tubing - 1/2" ID

E.S.V. B-Ionic Calcium Buffer 2-part System 64oz (2 x 32oz)

Boyd Chemi-Pure Blue 11oz

Bulk DI Resin in mylar bag - Color Changing (fills One 10" Cartridge)

• Like 1