Coral Vue Hydros

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

Gods, I am so tired. I got a christmas cold, so I feel like a beaten rug.

Everything looks good. I am contemplating getting my octopus over to the 10, but I woul dneed to make an egg crate stand (just n ot happening while sick and tired.) I did find all the parts to my oceanic so running that now.

Hope you feel better soon! I'm coming down with a cold myself.

the little "convict" at work was infected with the mung. I hope I do not pass it on to my elderly immune compromised mother.

I'll post an FTS tomorrow when the dust has settled and my tank is fully awake.

I had a mix of flu, work and spending the night at my mothers foor NYE.

With that said Happy New Years!

• Like 1

Happy New Year.
I know its a day late but I was away for new years and was unable to get my tank setup for the FTS.

I had a number of ins and outs over the past two months, so I cannot rememeber what went where. But the tank had the GSP rock removed because the GSP was not getting enough light and it was to open up flow.

Most of my leathers have been removed to my frag tank because they were becoming too large.

I just put a filter sock in to the tank - at least for a short while to clean out the particulates - there is a lot of particulates. And I got B-ionic two part dosing.

I am planning on setting up a dosing system and possibly getting a controller (Mostly with intent to upgrade in the mid-near future.

I also tried reef-roids on my tank. My fish and corals went NUTS! so very happy with that.

Anyway, ask me anything. I will try to answer what I can.

40d08661-52eb-4a6f-8136-7278f332eb6d.jpg

Massive trumpet colony:
20170102_132355.jpg

a4166352-9d04-42f8-b96d-d4447081d6eb.jpg

• Like 4

Since I tried to get the Sicce pump installed and found that failing because it was too powerful and wanted to pump my sump dry, I had cut the return tube and when I went back to stock it was too short. I just replaced that tubing because I could feel vibrations from the pump in my desk - and it was bothering me.

there is no fraggin room to work in that sump, and I have very small hands.. I cannot imagine a guy with larger hands trying to do any work in there. vibration is gone.

• Like 1

Gumdrop is quite a lively little fella. I wil be doing a Prazi Treatment in the Quarantine.

edit: my first gumdrop was named Fugu.

So this one is named Fugutu :P

• Like 4

the gumdrop did not survive the QT tank :( it was set up and running for months. Just checked in on him after work :( I should aput him in the frag tank as I considered.

aptasia? APTASIA? how on earth did I get that in my frag tank? I found a small cluster on one plug. removing htem, putting them in a fish bowl with a lid to avoid evap... but really?

• Like 1

aptasia? APTASIA? how on earth did I get that in my frag tank? I found a small cluster on one plug. removing htem, putting them in a fish bowl with a lid to avoid evap... but really?

They are the devil :(

its on the frag rack,s o I wll remove the rack, see if I can collect a couple to infect a small bowl. I am surprised as I have never seen aptasia in any of my tanks and this tank only has frags from my display.

Because I have been staring into my display looking for aptasia I noticed something else.

I recently bought some snails astrea snails, and I had a large turbo. I bought the three astreas because the large turbo never came out. I saw him under a rock and he was always just under the rock. I often thought it was dead. it might move an inch from location to location. Well tonight that snail is booting around. It seems this particular guy is nocturnal and comes out after lights out. SO the big snail is alive and well.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on my Starscream.ca site. A lot of work, a lot of sections. if you look at it now, its pretty old, out dated shows its age. But so far, I am getting something I like and I feel comfortable finally with the coding. I had an idea in mind, I tweeked that vision and got something I feel is a winner.

I shall show off an image of what I have, a page that connects to part of my collection. I also may include a section that includes my other interests, such as war hammer or reefing.

th_41e9e645-7c02-424f-9664-87b3e1508213.

• Like 3

Again shoot me a photo through email.

How is the new fish doing?

-Dave

the new fish did not survive. I got two new fish in the frag tank as QT and so far okay. the frag tank has small shrimp htings I hope they can find and eat.

• Like 1