Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sunstar's Nemesis III - March 2019 - looking... mature...

Sunstar

I returned the RFA.

The carpet nem that munched Fugu, became lunch herself for Arrogant Bastard. the remaining nem is in a breeder box for protection. Solitary confinement apparently.

I doubt an RFA could damage a fish, let alone kill a healthy one.

Carpets on the other hand, are incredibly good at killing fish.

As I learned, and these little bastards were not more than an inch across. So it surprised me they would catch a fish as wide as they were.

by returned, I returned her to her spot in the display tank.

• Like 1

Stopped at coral reef shop on way to dentist. A lot of beautiful coral.

f2357a17-89bd-46d7-b9cf-e942e611489c.jpg20161018_134150.jpg

I also have a wisdomm tooth, I may use as a twisted littel frag plug :P

• Like 4

Now that's the right way to compensate for getting a tooth extracted - new coral! And yeah, it'd be a great frag plug except for the decayed material :wacko:

• Like 1

Guess what holiday is my favourite?

It's The Most Haunting Time Of The Year
The kids are trick treating

And people ask what will you wear

Its the most fun filled time of the year

Its the spook-spookiest season of all

with pumpkins all grinning, and witch heads are spinning

And candy out in the hall

Its the spook-spookiest season of all.

d25ff46b-323a-405c-8f74-fac7c98b43b1.jpg

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

Guess what holiday is my favourite?

It's The Most Haunting Time Of The Year

The kids are trick treating

And people ask what will you wear

Its the most fun filled time of the year

Its the spook-spookiest season of all

with pumpkins all grinning, and witch heads are spinning

And candy out in the hall

Its the spook-spookiest season of all.

d25ff46b-323a-405c-8f74-fac7c98b43b1.jpg

Spooky.

October 25th 2016

WOW where is the time going?!

Next week is my 1 year anniversary of my tank, my 19th anniversary of my marriage. I am working on a post for it already.

My corals are seeing growth again, the light is up at 90% - I will increase it to 95% soon. colours are returning to the corals that bleached over the summer. My GSP is growing once again, it seemed like much of the stuff halted during the summer. my problematic zoas are at least looking decent. I have not seen much increase in my zoanthids - not sure why though.

I made some frags, a couple of the purple monti, red monti and the acro.

So far, things are looking up. tracking my alk, seems I am going through alk very fast at the moment. fast enough to be considering an automatic system.

• Like 2

I have had alkalinity "problems" lately. I have figured out I am using a hell of a lot of alk a day - I am actually rather surprised. But I am studying it closely at the moment, trying to determine how much a dose of alk - 1ml raises my water.

1ml of alk raises my water from 6.1 to 7. It was at 7 yesterday morning, and at midnight (about 36 hours later,) it was down.

The amount of alk that the tank uses an automatic doser might be a viable option at this point - particularly since I am a cook at a busy restaurant, here are days that are so busy at work, that I am utterly walloped after my shift.

So what would you folks with mixed reef that follow this recommend?

edit:

I am setting up my hospital, something about Knockout seems "off" he seems ot be breathing rapidly. Eats like a champ, but i think there is something coming out of his gills, so I may hypo-salinate them.

I have a bucket of water from sunday, and I will do a WC tomorrow, and I'll get them in.

tank is set up, its being brought to temperature, has airstone and a cycled sponge as well as a pump for current.

• Like 1

I don't know what direction is up, but I unplugged my lamp.. and it won't turn on... I probably n ot gonna sleep tonight because of htis as I did not sleep last night for other reasons

edit light is on: I can go back to bed... chirr.

• Like 1

not in bed yet... was looking at the crab's tank, and noticed that grape caulerpa has spontaneously grown. - this is pretty cool.

also on the side of my trying-not-to-die-favia, I have noticed what could be a corallite - thingy. it seems to produce a small thing that detaches and drifts away. its orange in colour. I am wondering if its a coral-baby.

Moustashio is a little girl. She stripped off her garments and now has a skirt full of eggs. I guess my water is in pretty good condition then :3.

• Like 1

that was my cellphone.

2 gallon (or so) bucket for sour cream made a great bucket to put my remaining salt in. I may modify the old reef bucket so I can get a float switch added so I can have RODI reserve auto shut off when filling.