inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Epoxy potting is best, but hard to undo. Make sure the solder joints are sound.

Harry, your solder joints need a bit of work. Looks like too cool of an iron and/or you rushed it. They should be shiny and smooth, not all dull and lumpy.

Dang yeah I know. Not as an excuse for mediocrity, but I do need a soldering iron that heats up more. I have the cheapest HD one :(

I do fpv more for the racer mainly the 250, but the smaller ones sub 200 size I do vfp for the most part. Here is the one I am currently working on. 20150816_122536_zps3xsxhtmu.jpg

It is a 180 size and it is being repair, one my friends that does high altitude fpv convinced my to let him attach it to his plane and have it drop at an altitude of 5000 feet, everything fin and for some reason 10 second after drop it lost signal and after that it was a stright drop to a tree, broke an arm and lost 2 motor.

Here it is in my hand for size comparison.20150816_122555_zpsdun4qxpy.jpg

This is also one of the distraction that stops me from completing my pico

Very cool! Have you seen the Ranger EX FPV platform? People are getting 2 hour flights with 50+ mile range with that beast

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dam double that range and I can fly that thing to Cuba, or local coral frag delivery.

Haha get shot down over Cuba- sweet!

I have the QAV250 CF frame with lumenier 2350 motors. Wanted to run pixahawk controller (that I have from my 3dr) but it couldn't fit, so I'm going to be using a CC3D atom controller. PITA to use with my Spectrum DX7s, but it works.

I don't think cuba has that capability, the only thing to worry about is flying close to Guantanamo bay. On my little one I am running a 2200k motor on 3 prop 5030 runned by a new AfroMini 32, all controlled by a cheap hobbyking radio. A small quadcopter required a even smaller controller

20150816_133508_zps0abnzyt6.jpg

Dragonettes eat micro brittle stars!!!!!

No wonder my little guy is so chubby!

I'm watching him go around snatching these mini white brittle stars and eating them. SUPER cool- and the dragonette is such a fatso!

Pictures!

Fat dragonette

894D238D-5FAE-4CE2-B526-BE3B17CC5F92_zps

Zoe Colony

3D5B7C63-8A3B-4BED-8B1F-8170C25638E8_zps

Duncan Colony(s)

07C6C4F2-85D0-4806-9673-9F2123BA90D6_zps

Ricordia garden

A0ABD79C-F607-4BDD-91A6-06F449C5FBCA_zps

Clam growth rings

72BF95EA-602A-4C5C-AEE8-5BC0C4599F59_zps

Grafted cap growing like crazy (can't see green under white LEDs)

AB1A61C5-1F2B-4431-A7FA-99FC51DAF3B2_zps

Recovering green slimmer

179C7D13-C361-46E8-81FB-3A679BE070B1_zps

Left island with a photo-bomber

7FFB2696-812A-458F-80FF-2BB6613ABE7C_zps

Set them on the ground and stomp on them.

.....wipe your shoes off before you go back in the house.

Your violent tendencies never cease to amaze me! ;)

I like those Yumas. How is the squamosa?

Also, this looks like a pocillopora to me

Edit : sorry I meant acropora

See the coralite structure on my slime-a-lot?

20150722_155510.jpg

Your slime-a-lot is absolutely beautiful! Love it. Like... The katropora is gorgeous, but the slime a lot is just a classic :wub:

I thought it was a "green slimer", but I buy all my acros freshly fragged without names. You're probably right!

Very nice. Everything looks great. And you were so worried to leave it all!

Yep! All it needed was a bit of feeding at night and nothing else. :)

Your violent tendencies never cease to amaze me! ;)

So remember the IM desktop reactor I got at RAP? Well I sold that one in a package deal and then bought a midsize reactor for the same price from a member here. So pretty much a free upgrade haha

I like those Yumas. How is the squamosa?

Also, this looks like a pocillopora to me

Edit : sorry I meant acropora

See the coralite structure on my slime-a-lot?

20150722_155510.jpg

Whoops didn't see you asked about Squammy!

Its doing great- 99% recovered. I'm getting full extension daily and the purple spots are becoming more vibrant. The only re,nana of the struggle is some wrinkles evident around the center of the mantle- like there's too much flesh.

Yumas are cool- Glenn outdid himself with the last shipment :)

Mushrooms can move, so more than likely that is not a clone.

But I don't have any that look like that? Weird. I recall there was one survivor from the mushroom shipment I got from CGA, so maybe this is him. The survivor shroom disappeared off the frag plug

jedimasterben

But I don't have any that look like that? Weird. I recall there was one survivor from the mushroom shipment I got from CGA, so maybe this is him. The survivor shroom disappeared off the frag plug

It could have come on any of your rock, on a frag plug, on a piece of rock with coral attached, etc.

It could have come on any of your rock, on a frag plug, on a piece of rock with coral attached, etc.

Sweet- I like it.

I dont suppose its a $1,000 jaw breaker or anything? Lol

F619A101-4050-455E-A8B6-EAE7A48ED8C3_zps

I don't think cuba has that capability, the only thing to worry about is flying close to Guantanamo bay. On my little one I am running a 2200k motor on 3 prop 5030 runned by a new AfroMini 32, all controlled by a cheap hobbyking radio. A small quadcopter required a even smaller controller

20150816_133508_zps0abnzyt6.jpg

Very nice, I've messed with some weaker Drones such as the Blade Versions from Horizon. I've been flying planes for over a decade, looking at doing a FPV drone with a FX79 Buffalo.

Hobbyking is DAH BOMB! I can get 2.4Ghz receivers all day for my Specktrum for like, cheap as hell, as well as killer deals on batteries. Most of which are probably the same as name brand just not re-branded.

Tanks looking good Harry BOY!

Very nice, I've messed with some weaker Drones such as the Blade Versions from Horizon. I've been flying planes for over a decade, looking at doing a FPV drone with a FX79 Buffalo.

Hobbyking is DAH BOMB! I can get 2.4Ghz receivers all day for my Specktrum for like, cheap as hell, as well as killer deals on batteries. Most of which are probably the same as name brand just not re-branded.

I am more of an rc car person. The only things I like flying are the things that goes fast like the quadcopter racer. My father is the one that like flying right now he is working on a scale p51 mustang I think it a 1/8 scale. I personally have been saving up for a rc turbine, I really want to get into rc jet flying, but that thing is the most expensive as rc goes, it take a loan from the bank expensive, but man nothing beats it, it is like owning a miniature jet

Love hobby king!!!! I built my own ugly stick from their kit, spent about 50 hours with assembly and programming, and shattered it within 1 minute on the field. SUCKS haha- but the fun was the build lol

I have a nice Specktrum DX7s I got local and a bunch of the hobby king generic receivers. SO EXCITED TO GET MY QUAD IN THE AIR AGAIN!!!! Hopefully the parts are going to arrive this week. New props, a replacement CF frame piece from GetFPV, and angled motor mounts. I fly too fast for the stock motor mounts and then I can't see anything except the ground with my goggles lol

I am more of an rc car person. The only things I like flying are the things that goes fast like the quadcopter racer. My father is the one that like flying right now he is working on a scale p51 mustang I think it a 1/8 scale. I personally have been saving up for a rc turbine, I really want to get into rc jet flying, but that thing is the most expensive as rc goes, it take a loan from the bank expensive, but man nothing beats it, it is like owning a miniature jet

You can get some fun electric planes that go 40+ mph. Id get a PNP setup and then load it up with whatever you want

I've dabbled in electric ducted fan, you should check it out. You can snag a pretty nice sport jet built for ducted fan, and speed to your hearts desire. Some can be had for a few hundred that do 100mph,lol.

Yea I know about the electric edf jet I got one from tower hobbies that can do 100 mph stock. But the turbine are amazing, it just blows your mind when you see one in person, hearing the wine of it when spooling up, and the low high speed pass those jet do are amazing, they can easily brake the 200 mph barrier, just amazing that a an rc can do that.

Yea I know about the electric edf jet I got one from tower hobbies that can do 100 mph stock. But the turbine are amazing, it just blows your mind when you see one in person, hearing the wine of it when spooling up, and the low high speed pass those jet do are amazing, they can easily brake the 200 mph barrier, just amazing that a an rc can do that.

Im just curious- how fast are the RC cars you build/race? Ive never really used one besides my brothers Traxxas Summit, and thats not exactly a race car LOL

Shit I have a TON of high performance electric plane engines and such. Maybe I can find something to trade for one of those sexy dosers lol

Archived