Innovative Marine Aquariums

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Tank looks especially nice today, I have to post a picture :)

The Purple Montipora is getting dark again! Only question is that the edges are white- does that mean it's dying or that it's growing?

The frags on the left will be put on a rack when my blackrockreef rack arrives :)

F2AB6112-4668-4FC8-81DE-36D1E75991C4_zps

Growing
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What where you using the rio for? I don't really trust that brand anyways TBH. How's the clam?

How is the clam

I was using it for some more water circulation behind my rocks. I was getting some cyano!

Clam looks nice and happy today, I guess it was just receded with the temperature fluctuation

AE9FB1B8-A534-47F5-A64D-49039FD6F29D_zps

Golden T. Maxima

869A362A-EBE4-4970-A95F-E93551056435_zps

Zoa Colony

BE816745-D166-4C12-B61F-973C0129721F_zps

Mixed Zoa Colony

32EA9CEC-F580-44AB-83C6-D627B48819EF_zps

WWC Cap (This is white, daylight lighting. In blues the green really POPs!)

005785A5-C683-42DB-9AD8-B20E9DEF304A_zps

And a full tank shot. Slight movements after mixing up the sand bed and gluing some corals down :)

2C102CA3-1D62-4628-8CF1-E8F735AE4BBC_zps

q

I was using it for some more water circulation behind my rocks. I was getting some cyano!

Clam looks nice and happy today, I guess it was just receded with the temperature fluctuation

AE9FB1B8-A534-47F5-A64D-49039FD6F29D_zps

Golden T. Maxima

869A362A-EBE4-4970-A95F-E93551056435_zps

Zoa Colony

BE816745-D166-4C12-B61F-973C0129721F_zps

Mixed Zoa Colony

32EA9CEC-F580-44AB-83C6-D627B48819EF_zps

WWC Cap (This is white, daylight lighting. In blues the green really POPs!)

And a full tank shot. Slight movements after mixing up the sand bed and gluing some corals down :)

Everything's looking good Harry !!

q

Everything's looking good Harry !!

The WWC is finally taking off! Took a while to get nicely colored, but now it has some white growth edges and is growing fast. Heres a recap:

One month ago:

IMG_2068_zpsnu95pmiz.jpg

Now:

The WWC is finally taking off! Took a while to get nicely colored, but now it has some white growth edges and is growing fast. Heres a recap:

One month ago:

IMG_2068_zpsnu95pmiz.jpg

Now:

I LIKE I LIKE :wub:

Harry I keep getting sand in my sump and I don't know how it's getting in there. About four months ago, I emptied out the entire sump and cleaned it then I put it back in. When I did this I also placed the return pump in the shower and turned it on to let it flush out just in case it had sand in it. Today I realized that there was sand all over the return pump, so I blasted it with the turkey baster. I noticed that sand was going into the display. Any suggestion on this? I am thinking of doing it again and buying a filter sock to see if I can solve the issue.

Harry I keep getting sand in my sump and I don't know how it's getting in there. About four months ago, I emptied out the entire sump and cleaned it then I put it back in. When I did this I also placed the return pump in the shower and turned it on to let it flush out just in case it had sand in it. Today I realized that there was sand all over the return pump, so I blasted it with the turkey baster. I noticed that sand was going into the display. Any suggestion on this? I am thinking of doing it again and buying a filter sock to see if I can solve the issue.

You have a cadlights, right? It should be virtually impossible for sand to get thrown up into the water column high enough to get into the overflow.

A filter sock would definitely help prevent anything from getting into the sump, but still sand shouldn't be getting into the overflow.

Strange

Yeah I know me and my buddy can't figure it out I mean it isn't a lot but still, and yesterday I probably helped it more because I stirred the sand bed around. The sock will help with the sand floating around in my display right? Also do you think the return pump could have sand and it causing it to go into my display?

You have a cadlights, right? It should be virtually impossible for sand to get thrown up into the water column high enough to get into the overflow.

A filter sock would definitely help prevent anything from getting into the sump, but still sand shouldn't be getting into the overflow.

Strange

Yeah I know me and my buddy can't figure it out I mean it isn't a lot but still, and yesterday I probably helped it more because I stirred the sand bed around. The sock will help with the sand floating around in my display right? Also do you think the return pump could have sand and it causing it to go into my display?

Sock will help take out the micro-particles of sand floating around, yeah.

Still weird that sand would get into the overflow.... Maybe you're stirring the sand bed while the pumps are on and they are pushing the sand into the sump?

Sock will help take out the micro-particles of sand floating around, yeah.

Still weird that sand would get into the overflow.... Maybe you're stirring the sand bed while the pumps are on and they are pushing the sand into the sump?

Yeah that can probably be it. I am going to take a picture and post it. You think I should turn of the return for a bit and let the it settle?

Yeah that can probably be it. I am going to take a picture and post it. You think I should turn of the return for a bit and let the it settle?

While you are mixing up the sand, I don't know. WhAt type of sand? Is it very fine or crushed coral?

While you are mixing up the sand, I don't know. WhAt type of sand? Is it very fine or crushed coral?

It's very fine sand. Next time I do something like this I will turn everything off, and I meant should I turn it off now while the sand is floating around the display to see if it helps it a little?

So I turned off my return for a bit, and when I turned it back on a bunch of stuff came out of the return so I'm going to try to figure out how to take it apart and clean it.

Trying to keep up with the rule of a dog picture per page! Ill have to introduce our three other dogs (in addition to George and Jackson) cats, and tortoises soon haha.

ED930C80-86DE-4585-99D6-276A6FFFBF78_zps

righttirefire

Don't tell metrokat, but I'm trying some sps. Pink and birds of paradise birdsnest... and you can see the little guy lurking, SOON! You're polyps will be my snack.20150828_194008_zpsna8hsgau.jpg

Don't tell metrokat, but I'm trying some sps. Pink and birds of paradise birdsnest... and you can see the little guy lurking, SOON! You're polyps will be my snack.20150828_194008_zpsna8hsgau.jpg

Haha it'll be our little secret

Aiyayiyayi.

Oh shit she found out!

So... This may or may not be my favorite coral ever!

This Yuma arrived sort of green and generic, but went crazy. I have THREE! (This one jumped off so I glued it here)

62045F51-4E7A-40CA-87FC-6C6297EF38B4_zps

Skimmer is set wet and going well

94E53F5E-D688-483D-BF36-464D35A235A8_zps

And my 2 gallons of B-ionic have arrived. Interestingly, they give you a hyper concentrated solution to reduce shipping costs. You fill it to the line with RO and wait 48 hours.

Sort of annoying to wait two days for it to dissolve, but hey it's cheap dosing for a year!

A53F28AB-5C6A-4487-8FAD-06190233CB87_zps

FTS looks great - what's the top middle piece in the crevices?

What coral are you referring to? Left? Right?

FTS looks great! And I love that yuma :wub:

I tried a yuma once and it melted in a week :(

Thanks! This is my first time with Ricordia Yuma, but my Ricordia Florida are doing well so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) it'll do well

What coral are you referring to? Left? Right?

The one in the center up behind the stick Acro - to the left of the clown( not the one behind it)- I zoomed in but can't tell- looks to be greenish with pink

or purple edges

Archived