Innovative Marine Aquariums

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Thanks! :)

Okay, sounds good lol.

My biggest pet peeve with the tank is the small patch of bubble algae since I'm paranoid it will spread. Growl. Need to deal with that this week

Try and take them all off without popping them. I would also try some emerald crabs when I had the issue a couple months back they did the job for me.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try and take them all off without popping them. I would also try some emerald crabs when I had the issue a couple months back they did the job for me.

Siphoned them all out using air line tubing. Also trashed one snail that had a few bubbles, so hopefully I'm bubble free for now :)

This is a new photo- I did a 5g water change, stirred up the sand bed, moved some stuff, and blasted the rocks with a powerhead.

Cleaned up real fast and my SPS look really happy with the detritus floating around :)

200B3F79-0845-4475-B8B9-F98241415F9B_zps

Small mushroom/ Florida Ricordia garden is starting

E84A9D54-FDBE-439F-9503-A64FF2DBB9D5_zps

A few minutes after the water change (and this photo), the purple crocea clam shut tight. Ive never seen it do that, and its been like 2 hours since the water change and its the same.

Nervous, but nothing to do but watch and wait. I don't have pyramidellid snails (Periodically check the feet of my clams and use a blue flashlight sometimes at 3am when I can't sleep), and the parameters look good.

Other clams and coral look happy too.... Just this one Crocea is having a temper tantrum!

Thought u were changing brands. When i switched i didnt realize that they had different concentrations, ended up not dosing enough.

Interestingly, it sounds like they ship the 1g containers with a highly concentrated solution that you have to dilute yourself with RODI water to make it standard.

I guess that is to alleviate shipping cost?

I love your mushroom. Hope your clam feels better soon.

Thanks! I actually have some crazy Yumas from Coral Gardens Aquaculture on the other side of the tank that I'm considering moving over. Theres three large ones, so I might do that.

A few minutes after the water change (and this photo), the purple crocea clam shut tight. Ive never seen it do that, and its been like 2 hours since the water change and its the same.

Nervous, but nothing to do but watch and wait. I don't have pyramidellid snails (Periodically check the feet of my clams and use a blue flashlight sometimes at 3am when I can't sleep), and the parameters look good.

Other clams and coral look happy too.... Just this one Crocea is having a temper tantrum!

Don't stress, maybe some sand got inside and it's just trying to prevent more from irritating it.

Don't stress, maybe some sand got inside and it's just trying to prevent more from irritating it.

Probably, I did siphon the sand and that gets some everywhere.

Followed your (regular?) advice and am leaving it alone, I'll check on it tomorrow afternoon.

The only other thing that changed is my peak lighting went from 9 to 7 hours

Hope you clam and fish is ok. Tank looks great!

Fish was just being silly, clam doesn't look so hot.

But the tank is hot.

Too hot.

Rio 180 power head got a snail in it, takes the temperature up to 86. Not fun for said Crocea :(

But the tank is hot.

Too hot.

Rio 180 power head got a snail in it, takes the temperature up to 86. Not fun for said Crocea :(

:o

:o

Yeah sucks. Tank is usually rock solid at 81 :(

I wish I had the $$ for an apex :(

(But I might buy the temperature controller from ReefSafeSolutions)

Me thinks it is because tank is 86. Don't know when it started, but the Rio powerhead is fried.

And a puppy picture :)

CD14C70A-9E14-4589-B507-64469A6AD033_zps

Sorry about the temp spike. There are so many variables in this hobby to keeping things just right for our critters. A very delicate balance for sure. Hope your clam will be ok.

Sorry about the temp spike. There are so many variables in this hobby to keeping things just right for our critters. A very delicate balance for sure. Hope your clam will be ok.

Thanks, I'm thinking it will be. Temperature is down to 81 and already its starting to open again :)

This makes me really want a controller! Apex..... where are you in my life?

CD14C70A-9E14-4589-B507-64469A6AD033_zps

Thats wonderful! Cute doggy pic by the way.

Yep, nature is crazy- a clam can be that bothered by a temperature difference (Small one, about 5*) and then as soon as it lowers be happy again. It gets you thinking on what level of intelligence they have, or if it is just an automatic reaction. Hmm.

righttirefire

House air conditioner keeps it cool. Tank heater keeps it right? That's how I do it... never under 76. Never over 78

House air conditioner keeps it cool. Tank heater keeps it right? That's how I do it... never under 76. Never over 78

Exactly! I keep it never below 81, never above 81 lol.

Naturally (with AC at 74 at night and 78 during the day) the tank would swing 77-81. Since I don't have a chiller or fans, I just set the heater to keep it at 81 always :)

reefernanoman

But the tank is hot.

Too hot.

What where you using the rio for? I don't really trust that brand anyways TBH. How's the clam?

Archived