ReefCleaners.org

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

There's bubble algae covering two snails and I can find one or two bubbles on the rocks.

I need a plan of action. I'm thinking trash the 2 snails and vacuum the two bubbles on the rocks? It was probably introduced on the new snails :(

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck ! I used emerald crabs when I had the issue and it worked out fine. I would suggest you don't pop them because it will spread. Try and twist them off with out popping them and suck them up with a turkey baster if you have one.

Good luck ! I used emerald crabs when I had the issue and it worked out fine. I would suggest you don't pop them because it will spread. Try and twist them off with out popping them and suck them up with a turkey baster if you have one.

There's two snails covered in it, I might just toss those if that's not too evil. What do you think?

There's two snails covered in it, I might just toss those if that's not too evil. What do you think?

Set them on the ground and stomp on them.

.....wipe your shoes off before you go back in the house.

Set them on the ground and stomp on them.

.....wipe your shoes off before you go back in the house.

Well I tossed them out the window and I'm pretty sure my dog ate it. Whoops! Lol

So happy tank fared well in my absence

New toy! Love it. Takes 1.5 seconds to read with an accuracy of .001 PPM!

519C0357-F7EB-4017-B673-E75A17ACB0AE_zps

This is the meanie that are the snail I threw outside lol

0A34930B-BBA1-4650-9210-442282BED910_zps

And a cool snail picture

68A5DF61-0F84-4A24-8438-32505C935F97_zps

yeah I would toss them.

Tossed the two snails that were covered. I don't feel like getting the two bubbles off the rock tonight- tomorrow. The tank hasn't had a hand it in it for over a week omgomgomg

Marc.The.Shark

the 35ppt thing is probably where the confusion comes in. But that's parts per trillion I'm pretty sure...

Parts Per Thousand

That little WWC cap is standing out like a sore thumb ! ! :wub:

So gorgeous, no? Its an incredible graft that can be seen extended with its growth. The plug is almost completely covered now!

Okay then I have a question. What can I use to insulate soldered connections from the elements? My quadcopter shorted out after landing on wet grass and I lost a motor.

I tried plastidip but it peeled over time, and hot glue doesn't work since it connects the lead terminals.

This is the part in question (Old photo, but shows where the trouble started).

IMG_9325_zpsijc2n2su.jpg

Don't know if the quadcopter is fixed yet but when I take my little 250 size racer out, I water proof them by using epoxy potting compound. I raced them in all types of condition and the electronic have remained safe

So gorgeous, no? Its an incredible graft that can be seen extended with its growth. The plug is almost completely covered now!

It sure is !!! It's one of my favorites pieces on that rock lol

It sure is !!! It's one of my favorites pieces on that rock lol

... Thats a compliment, right? haha ;)

Any suggestions for the left rock? I don't love the encrusting cap at the top

Don't know if the quadcopter is fixed yet but when I take my little 250 size racer out, I water proof them by using epoxy potting compound. I raced them in all types of condition and the electronic have remained safe

Havnt gotten around to it yet. Ill look into that!

Do you use yours VFR or FPV more?

... Thats a compliment, right? haha ;)

Any suggestions for the left rock? I don't love the encrusting cap at the top

Havnt gotten around to it yet. Ill look into that!

Do you use yours VFR or FPV more?

Come on now HAROLD !!! that is a compliment ;). The one on top of the cap? if so yeah it doesn't look very nice. I would just leave it there a little longer and see if you can get some better colors from it. If not trade it maybe?

Epoxy potting is best, but hard to undo. Make sure the solder joints are sound.

Harry, your solder joints need a bit of work. Looks like too cool of an iron and/or you rushed it. They should be shiny and smooth, not all dull and lumpy.

I do fpv more for the racer mainly the 250, but the smaller ones sub 200 size I do vfp for the most part. Here is the one I am currently working on.

20150816_122536_zps3xsxhtmu.jpg

It is a 180 size and it is being repair, one my friends that does high altitude fpv convinced my to let him attach it to his plane and have it drop at an altitude of 5000 feet, everything fin and for some reason 10 second after drop it lost signal and after that it was a stright drop to a tree, broke an arm and lost 2 motor.

Here it is in my hand for size comparison.

20150816_122555_zpsdun4qxpy.jpg

This is also one of the distraction that stops me from completing my pico

Archived