Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Nice growth Harold!

Thanks!

Lmao. He liked one of my posts. He's still around. I give it 2 days tops before he's back in here posting.

Oh baby it's cold outside :(

HarryPotter

Looks great! Stylophora is purpleing up nicely!

Thanks! You can also see the Duncan Coral survived my amateur attempt at fragging haha

Yes, but they both looked great right from the start after you fragged them. Must have done a great job. Your brave.

HarryPotter

Yes, but they both looked great right from the start after you fragged them. Must have done a great job. Your brave.

Brave? More like impulsive haha- but thanks. Hoping they grow quickly so I can frag again a nice mini-colony and trade it with the LFS for some Rastas! :)

HarryPotter

very nice. I always love this size tank. (between 35g - 50g).

Thanks- this is probably my favorite size as well. The NanoCube didn't have space (or the dimensions) to have an awuascaoe, but with anything larger than his 5g biweekly water changes would not be as effective.

All of my SPS, particularly my green slimmer and this mystery acro are coloring up incredibly!

This one is a VERY dark pink with purple tips- gorgeous.

DAC9A718-F515-441A-9221-77699B09B4B2_zps

HarryPotter

It was indeed! In regards to the aptasia being introduced via the corals, that's where I probably got some of it but I know that I had it growing on the rocks even before I started adding corals so that's why I blame the rocks for having it too. No matter how many times I juice the tank there always seems to be one more popping up elsewhere and they are looking rather large since I haven't had the chance to clean the tank as well as I wanted to lately. There have been coworkers out the past two weeks and coworkers out the next two weeks and all I have time for is to top off the ATO and do my 1x weekly water change and sand-sift and I am out the door and at work again covering for their absences. Its really tough work right now. Speak of the devil, its time to go to work again. I will update as I can.

The WWC grafter cap is excellent- it simply GLOWS under the blues. However my iPhone can't handle blues, so this shows the coloration somewhat

It's not bleached at all- it's just the photo :)

91A0609B-D2AE-4AF5-8C7F-7274897ED709_zps

Unedited photo of anemone

1E99C2D4-6C09-468E-BBBF-16B8A7850397_zps

Feeding a ton to bring up my PO4, so the skimmer is going crazy

27DFABE3-3B3F-447F-B9E8-94128D2302A6_zps

Harry, if you get a chance, can you post progression shots of the corals. Like the pink one above, can you post pictures of when you first got it, then the next picture you have and when, and so on? You will enjoy the chronicle all in one post.

HarryPotter

Harry, if you get a chance, can you post progression shots of the corals. Like the pink one above, can you post pictures of when you first got it, then the next picture you have and when, and so on? You will enjoy the chronicle all in one post.

Sure that sounds awesome!

They are really coloring up. There is one that is dark pink with purple tips that reminds me of the Katropora a bit. Also my (white) Green Slimer has green as new growth!

When I get home I'll use my laptop and get chronological photos :)

HarryPotter

Of just the acropora or the Motipora, LPS, etc?

Still trying to get through all 95 pages of this amazing thread! Setting up my JBJ 45 this weekend. How much total rock lbs did you end up putting in this?

HarryPotter

Still trying to get through all 95 pages of this amazing thread! Setting up my JBJ 45 this weekend. How much total rock lbs did you end up putting in this?

Thanks! The RL-45 is incredible :)

I'm not sure about the rocks. I would reccomend getting 50lbs from ReefCleaners and making your scape with that, the extra rock letting you cherry pick your favorite pieces.

I had the left rock which was about 7.5 lbs and used 10lbs on the right. I know the right is about 10lbs because I ordered 30lbs and sent the extra 20lbs to Tibbsey07

Thanks. I'm actually lucky enough to have an amazing LFS (Thehiddenreef if you're in Jersey) about 15mins from my house. Place is like a ware house and has tons of live rock and what ever else you need. They let me sit there and play around with scaping before you buy.

HarryPotter

Thanks. I'm actually lucky enough to have an amazing LFS (Thehiddenreef if you're in Jersey) about 15mins from my house. Place is like a ware house and has tons of live rock and what ever else you need. They let me sit there and play around with scaping before you buy.

That's sweet. At my LFS I picked out LR pieces at first, only to notice them switching the pieces I picked for aptasia ridden ones from the back while packaging.

They permanently lost my business, and I went with Dry rock. I really like dry rock because no pests and no dieoff when you add it to the tank. This was a must because as you read, I did a quick transfer to the RL-45 with all of my coral so could not afford (emotionally or monetarily) another cycle

Thats a shame what they did to you. Looking at reefcleaners site I may just pick up 10lbs of live rock from my LFS and order some reef rock from them. Great deals there!

HarryPotter

Thats the pink one- I have a whole bunch of ones for my Millipora but its not quite where I want it yet

Archived